PDA

View Full Version : 80% Laws? AR Pistol?

ryanbernstein
03-19-2014, 10:23 PM
Hi, I'm just wondering of the legality of finishing an 80% and building it as a pistol. I understand the laws behind building a rifle but I can't seem to find anything about pistols.

Thanks for your help.

AK all day
03-19-2014, 10:39 PM
Same thing, just make sure it's never a rifle at any point and is made with a single shot sled.

ryanbernstein
03-19-2014, 10:55 PM
Could you elaborate a little on what that means?

speeedracerr
03-19-2014, 11:05 PM
Could you elaborate a little on what that means?

Lower must start life and be put together as a PISTOL, using a PISTOL buffer tube that DOES NOT allow for use with a stock and using a "single shot sled, zero round magazine" and you should be good to go. Oh yeah... don't forget a bullet button!

ryanbernstein
03-19-2014, 11:15 PM
Lower must start life and be put together as a PISTOL, using a PISTOL buffer tube that DOES NOT allow for use with a stock and using a "single shot sled, zero round magazine" and you should be good to go. Oh yeah... don't forget a bullet button!

Can I then change it to a 10 rounder? If so, then how do they know i ever had it in single shot configuration?

Oh and why is a bullet button still needed?

kcstott
03-20-2014, 7:51 AM
Can I then change it to a 10 rounder? If so, then how do they know i ever had it in single shot configuration?

Oh and why is a bullet button still needed?

They (the authorities) will not know you ever built it as a single shot but it is required as you would have then manufactured an "unsafe" handgun which is a felony.

The bullet button is required because your pistol will take a magazine out side the pistol grip that equals assault weapon and also a felony Bullet button should be installed with your lower parts kit to be legal

You also have minimum length requirements to meet but on an AR that's not an issue.

Under current California law you can manufacture any pistol you like with in reason. i.e. no pistols that shoot shotgun shells or have vertical fore grips things like that.

weapon must be built as a pistol first as stated above. that means at no time may is have a barrel 16" or longer at not time may it have a stock attached or be designed to be shoulder fired. Then since you will not be a 07 licensed manufacturer and will not be submitting your design to the DOJ to be placed on the safe handgun roster you are required to build the pistol as a single shot.
Now the easiest way to do this and show exculpatory evidence too it to buy a zero round magazine or a sled as they are called. you could also just not install the gas tube then reinstall it.

Now sit down for a second cause this will blow your mind. You are not required to keep the weapon a single shot for any length of time, Nor are you required to shoot it in it's single shot configuration, you just have to jump through the hoop and you can then change it to a standard 10 round mag.

Now you may at no time ever, while in this state, in any form of configuration install a >10 magazine EVER (unless you leave the state) while your pistol is capable of semi auto fire.

thats a felony and will get you in very hot water and draw even more attention down upon us that we don't need right now.

Now on top of that and I don't mean to be over bearing arse but please do follow the laws to the letter do not even for a single moment do anything illegal with your firearms, I know this should go without saying but since I have been around firearms I've seen some very ignorant or just plain stupid people blow off obvious gun law violations. it is a matter of time before they get popped and like I said we don't need the bad publicity

Follow This (http://www.calguns.net/caawid/hgflowchart.pdf) and you should be good to go.