PDA

View Full Version : 2008 SCPRC Entry Forms

Pages : [1] 2

Spaniard
03-10-2008, 7:39 PM
Hey Men,
For those of you familiar with Annual SCPRC "Southern California Precision Rifle Competition" event held at West End Gun Club the entry forms and info packet are now available for download. I posted at West Coast Tactical and now here at Calguns.

If your not familiar with the event it's a great match in the local socal area if your a precision bolt rifle competitor.

http://www.socalprc.com

Regards, Spaniard

rksimple
03-10-2008, 8:15 PM
Checks in the mail.

Timberwolf
03-10-2008, 8:26 PM
Just saw it - check and app in mail in the a.m.

Jicko
03-10-2008, 8:32 PM
Maybe I should sign up too..... but I am NOT a good shot... :-(

Timberwolf
03-10-2008, 8:40 PM
Maybe I should sign up too..... but I am NOT a good shot... :-(

neither am I but I go anyway - it has become a yearly trek for me

PistolPete75
03-10-2008, 9:17 PM
check is in the mail.

Jicko
03-10-2008, 9:25 PM
Sounded like a FUN event.

Now, if i m a bad shot, will I still get some "prize"?? Is it a straight "score"-dependent prize table? Or is it a raffle?

PistolPete75
03-10-2008, 9:27 PM
go Jicko, don't worry about your score. it'll be fun times.

Prc329
03-10-2008, 9:38 PM
I may be able to make it. I'll be in SD then so maybe I'll carpool with Jicko.

Timberwolf
03-11-2008, 7:58 AM
Check and form out in morning mail run

wildcard
03-11-2008, 9:41 AM
USPS Money Order and Application hand delivered to the post office now.

PistolPete75
03-11-2008, 9:45 AM
USPS Money Order and Application hand delivered to the post office now.

cool, Joe called me last night about this. i wanted to make sure you were going. excellent! we gonna have a good time. check is out the door.

wildcard
03-11-2008, 10:52 AM
cool, Joe called me last night about this. i wanted to make sure you were going. excellent! we gonna have a good time. check is out the door.

It's going to be an awesome time. You know what we need? Team shirts for the "Southern Chapter" of our Club! I've been trying to think of a logo a little more "Tactical" but lack the computer graphics expertise to make it materialize. Anyone have any ideas/ proposals?

rksimple
03-11-2008, 10:55 AM
Sweet. Good to hear Joe is coming. We should be well represented.

Spaniard
03-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Hi Men,
Most of your questions can be answered by going to the socal website listed above. However in short, scoring is anywhere from 5-10 per hit per stage depending on COF (Course of Fire). CB (Cold Bore) shots are 25 points each and there are two of those. Size of targets are at least 1" MOA (Minute of Angle) or better. Timing is used to break ties although the scoring is the primary factor for placement and time as I mentioned is used to rank competitors.

Prizes? First off, past performance does not dictate future results. In other words, the fat prize tables we have had in the past does not mean that will be the case this year. Economic times are what they are and our sponsors are not immune to those factors as I have already been informed.

I am sure there will be some "prizes", however I have no idea and can't guarantee the 2008 ZO6 Corvette I was hoping for. That was an attempt at bad humor folks.

I can guarantee that if you complete the match you will receive a 2008 SCPRC challenge coin with your number of where you placed, a T-Shirt and a SCPRC Mug. Is that alone worth the $150 entry fee, no not really. After two days of competition with serious competitors you will get a catered lunch, Tri-Tip and sides. If you place in the top 10, you will get a .999 Pure Silver SCPRC Challenge Coin with where you placed. If your the best of the bunch for that day, you get the Silver 001 Coin plated in 22kt. Gold and there is only one of those. Now if the past sponsors come through and are quite generous as they have been in the past, you may get a round at the prize table. In the last two years, competitors have done 3 & 4 rounds at the prize table, I can't guarantee that this year or at any future match.

Last place is guaranteed a Red Ryder with 400 rounds of high performance BB's that have a 50' arc that just rocks. I mean you really learn the effects of trajectory with those BB's going 300 FPS. :eek:

If you have ever run a major match, they are allot of work, drama, headaches and no pay but in the end if you did your best mixed with some imperfections, hopefully you will have brought together great shooters to fellowship and have a great time over a weekend. For me, I am happy to compete with folks I enjoy being around regardless of place. Winning prizes is nice, but the good times and memories are priceless at this stage of my life. If I really want or need something I put in the OT at work and go buy it.

Here are some pics below of the Gold, Silver and Bronze winners circle.

I hope this briefly answers a few questions, but like one poster said, don't worry about, just enter and have a good time. What else are these "Precision Rifles" for anyways?

Regards Spaniard...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/patriotspaniard/2007SCPRCjpg.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/patriotspaniard/DSC00680.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/patriotspaniard/DSC06552.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/patriotspaniard/07SCPRCRedRyder-1.jpg

Timberwolf
03-11-2008, 11:01 AM
That Red Ryder has my name all over it. Got a new load worked up that shoots MOW (minute of wall) so I think I've got it in the bag . . .

Spaniard
03-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Sheet TW,
I knew some way you would cheat your way to last place to get that Red Ryder.:chris:
People overlook it, but you gotta really know how to sandbag to come in last, a talent mastered by few...;)

Jicko
03-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Guys.... should we get a list of who is going and we can all shoot in the same "team"....

Timberwolf
03-11-2008, 11:14 AM
I have absolutely no problem hitting that last place slot . . . we all know I can't shoot off of concrete :gene:

Timberwolf
03-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Guys.... should we get a list of who is going and we can all shoot in the same "team"....

the Wolf is in

Prc329
03-11-2008, 11:21 AM
I'm definitely gonna go. That BB gun will probably be mine :( :)

wildcard
03-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Ryan, Peter, Joe, and myself are in.

This of course assumes our rather prompt payments have secured our places.

Prc329
03-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Mine is off. Hopefully I'll get a spot.

Timberwolf
03-11-2008, 11:37 AM
So I count six from our group - ROAD TRIP!

wildcard
03-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Hmm.. it's only about a 30 min drive for me. Sweet.. saves me a little $$$ from renting a room!

Vu 308
03-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Myself and probably 4 or 5 others will be in for this event.

Gotta check out our September competition......:43:

rksimple
03-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Hmm.. it's only about a 30 min drive for me. Sweet.. saves me a little $$$ from renting a room!

No, that saves 5 of us from having to rent a room! House party! :D

wildcard
03-11-2008, 11:58 AM
No, that saves 5 of us from having to rent a room! House party! :D

You obviously haven't seen the size of my place!

Jicko
03-11-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm IN! I'll send the form out tonite or tomorrow.

I'm also IN for crashing at someone's house.... I'll bring STEAKs.... we can do a mid-nite steaks and drinks.... on SAT nite.... lol

We can pull an all-niter and then wake up early for day 2..... the "college party style"

Jicko
03-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Hey Men,
For those of you familiar with Annual SCPRC "Southern California Precision Rifle Competition" event held at West End Gun Club the entry forms and info packet are now available for download. I posted at West Coast Tactical and now here at Calguns.

If your not familiar with the event it's a great match in the local socal area if your a precision bolt rifle competitor.

http://www.socalprc.com

Regards, Spaniard

Why don't you post at SH too? :D

And shouldn't you be expecting MUCH MORE than 35 shooters???

Mark, can you send you PAYPAL right the way to secure my spot??? :D

wildcard
03-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Myself and probably 4 or 5 others will be in for this event.

Gotta check out our September competition......:43:

Still waiting for your registration period to open up!

Vu 308
03-11-2008, 12:11 PM
I'm IN! I'll send the form out tonite or tomorrow.

I'm also IN for crashing at someone's house.... I'll bring STEAKs.... we can do a mid-nite steaks and drinks.... on SAT nite.... lol

We can pull an all-niter and then wake up early for day 2..... the "college party style"

Yes....please party hard after Saturday's nite shoot and roll in at 7am Sunday morning hung over. LOL

Last year I came in 14th...hopefully my coin this year will be of a lower number.

Vu

Timberwolf
03-11-2008, 12:37 PM
I may try to make APS' May 08 match a night match to use as a train up for SCPRC '08. Heck I may even shoot it myself (no score counting of course) for the practice.

Vu 308
03-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Registration for the Nor Cal TBRC will open up in April some time.

It will be basically send in an email and if you are the top 43 I will email back registration info and details.

3 spots were donated to active duty military that specialize in this arena of shooting and 4 were donated to our top sponsors.

Vu

Cypriss32
03-11-2008, 1:31 PM
Im mailing mine in 30mins.

Jicko
03-11-2008, 1:57 PM
Im mailing mine in 30mins.

I dun have my check book, do u want to mail mine in too? And I will paypal u?

Cypriss32
03-11-2008, 2:52 PM
I would of... I just sent it out after school on my way back to the house.

wildcard
03-11-2008, 3:12 PM
Looking at postings alone, i'd imagine that half of the slots are already spoken for.

Cypriss32
03-11-2008, 3:25 PM
Well we know one thing, most of us here are shooting... I wonder those golf coarse guys up north? How many par 5 holes you got?

Timberwolf
03-11-2008, 3:30 PM
Don't sell our "golf course" rivals to the north short - they're shooting for score at their LR matches on B27s and breaking ties with X counts. Might I remind y'all that one of theirs came down here last year and took away a plaque - first IIRC

Cypriss32
03-11-2008, 3:34 PM
I hope to have my F-Classer done if Paul can pull threw! We can see who shoots X's.

Timberwolf
03-11-2008, 3:38 PM
I hope to have my F-Classer done if Paul can pull threw! We can see who shoots X's.

Why wait - unscrew the brake off that '06 and shoot F - TR. Savannah and I used to love F-class until I had her braked.

Prc329
03-11-2008, 3:40 PM
Hmm, maybe I can get a thread protector for my rifle since Emily Grace wears an FTE.

Timberwolf
03-11-2008, 3:45 PM
Hmm, maybe I can get a thread protector for my rifle since Emily Grace wears an FTE.

Does it screw off? If so why not or will it change the harmonics?

Spaniard
03-11-2008, 3:48 PM
Why don't I post over at SniperHide? :rolleyes:

Between West Coast Tactical and here that's enough. It really does take allot to manage all of them if your posting for a match. Some good guys over at the "Hide", they also visit WCT & CG so they are aware of what's going on.

As to why I don't allow more than 35 shooters, 30 is enough, 35 is being generous and it keeps it managable. The ones that are serious and have shot the match before will get there entry in ASAP. Due to the layout of this range and the type of match, 35 is more than enough. I still take apps when were full because there are always some that drop out due to last minute schedule conflicts, it happens.

Paypal, sorry guys but maybe one day down the road.

As I get the apps I will post so you know who's in.

Spaniard...

Jicko
Do I need a luminated scope??????? Night shoot........ errrrrrrrr

And... who got a Laser Range Finder? I dun have one, so I would need someone to team up with....

*sigh*

PS. My app will be sent tomorrow.... I guess....

Cypriss32
The FTE will change the POI ALOT of taken off and not put exactly in same spot, torque or point.

I just sent mine out to you!

I cant shoot FTR wit 30-06, its limited to 308 and 223 only. I WILL get my *** kicked in open class. Ive shot with steve some and his 7saum is a killer!

Spaniard
03-11-2008, 3:51 PM
There will be illumination, night vision is not needed. An illuminated reticle may help but isn't necessary.

Spaniard

Timberwolf
03-11-2008, 3:52 PM
Do I need a luminated scope??????? Night shoot........ errrrrrrrr

And... who got a Laser Range Finder? I dun have one, so I would need someone to team up with....

*sigh*

No - the targets are illuminated at the night match - I have two LRFs one battery operated and one manual . . . .

Timberwolf
03-11-2008, 3:56 PM
The FTE will change the POI ALOT of taken off and not put exactly in same spot, torque or point.

I cant shoot FTR wit 30-06, its limited to 308 and 223 only. I WILL get my *** kicked in open class. Ive shot with steve some and his 7saum is a killer!

I thought they allowed '06 in FTR since it was a military rd - been awhile though - I think that is Puff that you met - somewhere it cyberspace floats a picture of me paying respects to that damn rifle courtesy of a shootout at ASR on far distant hill

Jicko
03-11-2008, 3:56 PM
No - the targets are illuminated at the night match - I have two LRFs one battery operated and one manual . . . .

Can I team up with you? And... maybe Nayt? And.... who else??

Timberwolf
03-11-2008, 3:58 PM
Can I team up with you? And... maybe Nayt? And.... who else??

Sure though I don't know how Mark is going to squad us of even if he is this year.

Jicko
03-11-2008, 4:02 PM
Sure though I don't know how Mark is going to squad us of even if he is this year.

According to the "info" PDF, we can put a note on our entry form, then he can try to accommodate that. (Mark, I did read thru the whole package.... :D)

And I think CG-south should have like 1 or 2 six-persons team.

Prc329
03-11-2008, 4:06 PM

Never had that problem when I had one on 2 different Savages. Put them on and removed for cleaning and reinstalled and never noticed a change in POI. It screws on and is clamped into place by a allen screw.

rksimple
03-11-2008, 4:07 PM
I thought it was partners. There would at least be 3 or so teams of two from CG.

I have a LRF. I can partner with anyone who can make a good wind call, range well, spot misses, call corrections...:D

Cypriss32
03-11-2008, 4:09 PM
Ryan are we shooting together like ussual?

QuickOnTheDraw
03-11-2008, 4:09 PM
Well we know one thing, most of us here are shooting... I wonder those golf coarse guys up north? How many par 5 holes you got?

You sure do like to talk a lot, try showing up to one of your matches first or better yet just to practice. I'd sure like to see what excuse you're going to use next. It's the people that don't say anything that you should be worried about, remember talk us cheap, but showing up and coming through with your word is what really counts!

Jicko
03-11-2008, 4:11 PM
I thought it was partners. There would at least be 3 or so teams of two from CG.

I have a LRF. I can partner with anyone who can make a good wind call, range well, spot misses, call corrections...:D

ON page 5 of the info PDF, it said "we are running 6 person teams".

You guys want to be in a team?
- rksimple
- twolf
- prc329
- pete
- cypriss32
- me

who else?

rksimple
03-11-2008, 4:14 PM
ON page 5 of the info PDF, it said "we are running 6 person teams".

You guys want to be in a team?
- rksimple
- twolf
- prc329
- pete
- cypriss32
- me

who else?

Sounds good, but wildcard isn't on there.

Cypriss32
03-11-2008, 4:14 PM
You sure do like to talk a lot, try showing up to one of your matches first or better yet just to practice. I'd sure like to see what excuse you're going to use next. It's the people that don't say anything that you should be worried about, remember talk us cheap, but showing up and coming through with your word is what really counts!

Let me know your name so i know who to meet first.

Jicko
03-11-2008, 4:18 PM
Sounds good, but wildcard isn't on there.

oops.... i missed that

- rksimple
- twolf
- prc329
- pete
- cypriss32
- me
- wildcard

who else? and we would need to split it up into 2 CG-south teams.

Timberwolf
03-11-2008, 4:22 PM
Just re-read the rules and it appears like last year we'll be in 6 man squads. I'll shoot with whoever wants except with them "damn blue belly sap suckers" :tt2:

Jicko
03-11-2008, 4:26 PM
Just re-read the rules and it appears like last year we'll be in 6 man squads. I'll shoot with whoever wants except with them "damn blue belly sap suckers" :tt2:

I will stick with u.... and possibly nayt....

And I can't speak for anyone else....

We should figure it out and let Mark know.

rksimple
03-11-2008, 4:28 PM
oops.... i missed that

- rksimple
- twolf
- prc329
- pete
- cypriss32
- me
- wildcard

Joe needs to be on there too.

I don't care where I am, as long as some of us are together. It makes for some good times.

Vu 308
03-11-2008, 4:43 PM
*sniff sniff* i smell a side bet going =X

Cypriss32
03-11-2008, 4:58 PM
Im waiting...........

wildcard
03-11-2008, 5:56 PM
Joe needs to be on there too.

I don't care where I am, as long as some of us are together. It makes for some good times.

Sames here. I just need to be with at least one person who can help me call shots if/ when legal.

Vu 308
03-11-2008, 8:22 PM
You so cal boys care to make some side bets. Make things a lil more interesting?

Timberwolf
03-11-2008, 8:26 PM
You so cal boys care to make some side bets. Make things a lil more interesting?

Whatcha got in mind "yank"

Cypriss32
03-11-2008, 8:42 PM
Im still waiting......Figured.

Vu 308
03-11-2008, 8:45 PM
Shawn said we got to get you boys some of the old school confederate uniforms for the September shoot.

I am thinking your top 6 scores vs our top 6 scores or however many we both have to even things out.

Looks like you have your 7

- rksimple
- twolf
- prc329
- pete
- cypriss32
- me
- wildcard

So far its myself, Shawn, Fred Sakai, and Greg W.

I have a few newbies coming down for their first big match.

PistolPete75
03-11-2008, 8:53 PM
a side bet can be interesting. we'll pick our own 7 guys, and you pick your 7 guys. the list should be presented or posted online the day b4 the match starts. like the north vs. south shoot, it'll be an open list to all regular match shooters from calguns and other peoples that don't post on calguns but are still regulars.

i'm down to put some funds in this one.

PistolPete75
03-11-2008, 8:56 PM
getting back to the squads, you guys can't forget Joe, Jason or Randall. Looks like alot of calgunners will be shooting in this one. :o)

Timberwolf
03-11-2008, 8:59 PM
Since I used to be a C/W reenactor for the southern cause I'll see if I can dig up my old kepi LOL

Anyway we might go your top 3 compared to my top three or hey cpt v cpt of course you've got me at a severe disadvantage - you have a new rifle with a fresh barrel, I have Savannah who has a little over 4K rds down her and no new barrel until after SCPRC . . . with my obvious disadvantage I should be the underdog . . . what should the odds be

wildcard
03-11-2008, 9:00 PM
I want in on the side bet. I'm always down to get paid and see people put out some money to back-up their talk.

wildcard
03-11-2008, 9:00 PM
getting back to the squads, you guys can't forget Joe, Jason or Randall. Looks like alot of calgunners will be shooting in this one. :o)

Is Randall in on this one? Or did I skip his post?

PistolPete75
03-11-2008, 9:01 PM
whatever the situation goes. i want in on the betting. how much are we talking about here? friendly money or enough to buy a new rifle kind of money?

wildcard
03-11-2008, 9:01 PM
Since I used to be a C/W reenactor for the southern cause I'll see if I can dig up my old kepi LOL

Anyway we might go your top 3 compared to my top three or hey cpt v cpt of course you've got me at a severe disadvantage - you have a new rifle with a fresh barrel, I have Savannah who has a little over 4K rds down her and no new barrel until after SCPRC . . .

That's a pretty good idea. Captain scores mandatory + the top 3 scores. from each side.

Vu 308
03-11-2008, 9:02 PM
lol..just say you will pick the top shooters from the area and call it good man. No need for the smoke and mirrors.

As for us. We are 7 hours out so my picks are a lil limited.

We'll decide prior to the match kicking off.

PistolPete75
03-11-2008, 9:02 PM

i'm sure he'll come. right Randall? we want you to come shoot with us, having everyone to shoot in a match is like once a year. it'll be good times.

Vu 308
03-11-2008, 9:04 PM

Anyway we might go your top 3 compared to my top three or hey cpt v cpt of course you've got me at a severe disadvantage - you have a new rifle with a fresh barrel, I have Savannah who has a little over 4K rds down her and no new barrel until after SCPRC . . . with my obvious disadvantage I should be the underdog . . . what should the odds be

LOL....please. My 260rem has 50 rounds down range. Rifle is not even close to being online yet.

Didn't you beat me last year? I got 14th...I was just glad I beat Steve Ikeda.

Named my rig the SIS...Steve Ikeda Spanker.

Timberwolf
03-11-2008, 9:08 PM
Why shucks pard I honestly have a log book that shows Savannah has 3875 rds right now and I'm sure she'll have another 500 through her prior to SCPRC - so she'll really be over 4K @ SCPRC . . . besides its a proven fact that I always shoot like crap at WEGC

Jicko
03-11-2008, 9:11 PM
I will be going, but I don't want to drag the team down... I dun even have a consistant "load" for my super long throat stock 700PSS....

And i got no NightForce, USO scopes....

:mad:

Vu 308
03-11-2008, 9:11 PM
How about just captain scores.:43:

Keep it simple. Loser buys beer for September's BBQ

Vu

PistolPete75
03-11-2008, 9:19 PM
How about just captain scores.:43:

Keep it simple. Loser buys beer for September's BBQ

Vu

how about we just pick one guy, and you pick one guy? like in ancient times. 1 warrior vs 1 warrior.

and it'll be beer for the entire team. that'll be nice. everyone get's to go home with a buzz, so everyone wins!

PistolPete75
03-11-2008, 9:21 PM
I will be going, but I don't want to drag the team down... I dun even have a consistant "load" for my super long throat stock 700PSS....

And i got no NightForce, USO scopes....

:mad:

honestly jicko, you don't need no us optics. i'm so used to shooting my mark 4 that i miss it at times. any descent scope will do just fine.

Vu 308
03-11-2008, 9:22 PM
You guys will just pick Mike or Don.

How about the regulars that post right here. Myself and Twolf. Two match directors that are just regular joe shooters. Not some super dooper 3 gun champs.

Cause I could easily pic Greg W. which finished 2nd last year. Or Marc S. which was 9th with a dropped rig.

PistolPete75
03-11-2008, 9:25 PM
I vote for Pasquel, although he doesn't post here. I just like his style. He has alot of class. Not cocky, humble, nice guy to talk to, etc.

He is the type of guy that when he wins or loses he always acts the same.

Timberwolf
03-11-2008, 9:29 PM
I like cpt against cpt - that way no one can say either of us loaded the deck - winner buys the beer for Sept's cookout. Now is this high score for the match or one stage or . . .

PistolPete75
03-11-2008, 9:31 PM
I like cpt against cpt - that way no one can say either of us loaded the deck - winner buys the beer for Sept's cookout. Now is this high score for the match or one stage or . . .

sounds like a plan.

Would be only fitting by the final overall score.

Timberwolf
03-11-2008, 9:33 PM
Whoa - correct my post - it should read loser buys the beer - ooops

Vu 308
03-11-2008, 9:35 PM
Final placing.

Losing captain buys beer. Just gotta make sure we finish early so we can sober up for the drive home. LOL.

Not all you can drink now dammit! I am sure some of you guys are heavy hitters. =)

PistolPete75
03-11-2008, 9:37 PM
I can finish a 12 pack. I'm korean. Joe can drink more than me. He is El Savadorean. He can drink a full beer about every 10 minutes.

Vu 308
03-11-2008, 9:40 PM
LOL...get you a 40oz.

Timberwolf
03-11-2008, 9:41 PM
Final placing.

Losing captain buys beer. Just gotta make sure we finish early so we can sober up for the drive home. LOL.

Not all you can drink now dammit! I am sure some of you guys are heavy hitters. =)

I'm of fine Scotch / Irish linage - only Guiness please oh and served cool not ice cold - aye it'll be a fine Sept afternoon - besides my wife will be there helping with the cookout so I'll have a way . . .

PistolPete75
03-11-2008, 9:42 PM
LOL...get you a 40oz.

hehe. good one.

gn guys, time to eat my banana cream pie and go to sleep.

Jicko
03-11-2008, 9:46 PM
oops.... i missed that

- rksimple
- twolf
- prc329
- pete
- cypriss32
- me
- wildcard

We've got 10 now, how about,
Team 1)
rksimple
cypriss32
twolf
prc329
me

Team 2)
pete
wildcard
Joe
Jason
Randall

Who else??????

Timberwolf
03-11-2008, 9:46 PM
hehe time to eat my banana cream pie and go to sleep.

I could soooo say something here . . . oh what the hell . . . no I have restraint . . . ohhhh

Cypriss32
03-11-2008, 9:47 PM
I wouldnt be suprissed if Team one has a winner. Team 2 is looking kinda sad! Just messing around, Trying to stir the POT! :)

Vu 308
03-11-2008, 9:53 PM
Twolf,

I actually have a 12 year old bottle of scotch Shawn got me for Christmas. I feel bad cause I can't drink that stuff!!! Just the smell of it brings back nightmares. I may just bring the bottle down.

Vu

+ 1 for the dark stuff.

Guess I better start training. LOL

Jicko
03-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Twolf,

I actually have a 12 year old bottle of scotch Shawn got me for Christmas. I feel bad cause I can't drink that stuff!!! Just the smell of it brings back nightmares. I may just bring the bottle down.

Vu

+ 1 for the dark stuff.

Guess I better start training. LOL

I like the 18yrs and 21yrs old stuff... :D

Prc329
03-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Miller Lite and a Margarita and I am a happy camper. You can keep the scotch.

Or some hypnotiq will also do.

ar15barrels
03-11-2008, 10:33 PM

Hate to say it, but if we dress up in Civil war garb, I'm shooting on Vu's team. ;)

ar15barrels
03-11-2008, 10:35 PM

You missed the post and the PM to timberwolf. ;)
Since they left you out of the supersquad, I'll shoot with you.
That IOR glass is not bad, even though it's only 14X...

ar15barrels
03-11-2008, 10:38 PM
whatever the situation goes. i want in on the betting. how much are we talking about here? friendly money or enough to buy a new rifle kind of money?

In WEGC tradition, we only bet for tacos and lunch.
Having shot action pistol, steel challenge and 3gun there for 10 years+, this is the normal thing we do.
We also get together at Jack in the box after each match to BS about the match.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 6:15 AM
In WEGC tradition, we only bet for tacos and lunch.
Having shot action pistol, steel challenge and 3gun there for 10 years+, this is the normal thing we do.
We also get together at Jack in the box after each match to BS about the match.

PP......I think you should shoot against Greg W.
:)

wildcard
03-12-2008, 6:50 AM

Unless Vegas was a fluke.. I don't recommend it.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 7:34 AM
LOL it was a fluke. :jump:

Timberwolf
03-12-2008, 7:47 AM
Randall have you sent in your paperwork for SCPRC 08?

ar15barrels
03-12-2008, 8:08 AM
Randall have you sent in your paperwork for SCPRC 08?

Goes in today's mail.

Timberwolf
03-12-2008, 8:13 AM
Hell with all the participation from here Mark should consider Calguns and the newly renamed (hmmm) California Precision Rifle Club as honorary sponsors.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 9:03 AM

Hey PP...if you really want in. Jump in with myself and Twolf.

Lowest over all score buys beer for September's shoot?

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 9:27 AM
why throw myself into the pot unless everyone else goes in too? i'm willing to go into the pot if everyone else goes in too. we can also do $1 per round betting, and winner takes all. how about that? not too much to loose and it keeps things friendly. if everyone goes in it can be like 20 bucks per round. not bad if you win the round.

heads up, no handicap. everyone plays on the same playing field. open class. limited to calgunners only (excluding Don cause he is too good). instead of north vs south, it'll be calgunners only heads up shooting.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 9:51 AM
Why? Cause you wanted in?

What does it matter if everyone is throwing in? You can shoot against myself and Twolf.

Come on..jump in with Twolf and I....time to put the beer where the mouth is.

You got that new decked out rig as well...no more excuses remember?

wildcard
03-12-2008, 9:59 AM
Dang.. I'd jump on this one for craps and giggles but i can't bet beyond what i'm willing to lose :( And i'll tell ya.. 30 guys can drink a lot of beer!

Besides.. captain vs captain sounds good to me!

Timberwolf
03-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Damn all these new rifles, scopes and gear . . . I'm going to feel like the bastard step child

wildcard
03-12-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm harmless with my stock 700P and fixed 10X IOR. Just a poor buy learning with the basic equipment..

Timberwolf
03-12-2008, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE=wildcard;1059350] And i'll tell ya.. 30 guys can drink a lot of beer!

QUOTE]

I'm figuring 2 cases of the Colt 45 ought to do it . . . :p

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 10:58 AM
why put myself in the pot when i can drink free beer? doesn't make sense.

joe and i can do a 30 pack. we drink premium beer.

i'm willing to do $1-$5 a round with you and timber, and anyone else wanting to shoot? i ain't afraid to shoot, and this is only my 2nd season. it'll be natural talent vs. high round count, experienced shooters. hehe :) i never say how good of a shooter i am. i just shoot. but i never back down from a challenge.

the best way to do beer for alot of guys in to get a keg of premium beer. that should be like about $120 or so at beverages and more. there is one on the old road in valencia.

colt 45 is ghetto shiet.

Timberwolf
03-12-2008, 11:08 AM
You're putting waaay to much faith in my ability to hit a target . . .

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 11:14 AM
i have faith in you Timber. i'll even back half the beer money if you loose. remember Vu premium beer. no colt 45, mickey's, etc. we like heinis, guiness drought, etc.

i love instigating the instigator. i have a mirror like personality if you haven't noticed. if someone is nice to me, i'm 5x nicer back to them.

Jicko
03-12-2008, 11:18 AM
joe and i can do a 30 pack. we drink premium beer.

Pete, u must have forgotten me....

Now that I had sent in my app... I am participate in this beer/drinks talk...

As for beer, this is what I like:
http://www.chimay.com/img_clipart/a2_a1_fbleue.jpg

Timberwolf
03-12-2008, 11:18 AM
guess I'd better get my blubbery butt in the dirt and start pulling the trigger some - they say Rock barrels will last to between 6K to 10K with no appreciable loss in accuracy - Savannah is at the 4K mark - we shall see

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 11:19 AM

http://www.chimay.com/img_clipart/a2_a1_frouge.jpg

that is too nice though. that's like $8 a lick. too much to ask for in a friendly match.

wildcard
03-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Haha. I like how we've just resorted to calling each other out.

Like PP, I have faith that the Wolf will win us some NorCal Captain sponsored beer.

I'll give Vu a chance to make some money back though.. $20 is the bet and highest match score is the game :)

wildcard
03-12-2008, 11:26 AM

http://www.chimay.com/img_clipart/a2_a1_fbleue.jpg

Actually.. you will need to be participating in the NorCal/SoCal match to see any free beer.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 11:26 AM
i have faith in you Timber. i'll even back half the beer money if you loose. remember Vu premium beer. no colt 45, mickey's, etc. we like heinis, guiness drought, etc.

i love instigating the instigator. i have a mirror like personality if you haven't noticed. if someone is nice to me, i'm 5x nicer back to them.

Time to put up or shut up.

Bet is lowest score buys a few rounds for the September shoot.

Don't be scurrrred...no excuses. 1 or 2 or 10 seasons.

You got a new purdy rifle...so do I. TWolf has a proven rig that shoots well.

Besides its the nut behind the trigger.

WildCard handed me my *** in Vegas =) Ask him...I am harmless.

So you want in? Or out? Yes or no answer..forget this I am backing half the beer blah blah blah.

:D

rksimple
03-12-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm going to withhold all bets until I actually take delivery of the rifle I'll be shooting. Need to know what I can do.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Actually.. you will need to be participating in the NorCal/SoCal match to see any free beer.

True that. :)

rksimple
03-12-2008, 11:30 AM

This was an awesome hustle on your part. Throwing that match just to get us to bite on this one. :D

Jicko
03-12-2008, 11:31 AM
A couple of these "magnum"s (i think the pic here is the 1.5L) for SCPRC celebration would be nice
http://www.chimay.com/img_clipart/a2_a1_fmagnum.jpg

I heard that BevMo have the 3L version.... but I have never seen them.... almost $100 a pop...

:p

wildcard
03-12-2008, 11:31 AM

Looks like we got a hustler here :) Sometimes you have to lose to win..

wildcard
03-12-2008, 11:34 AM
I thought Cypriss would be jumping all over this thread by now..

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Time to put up or shut up.

Bet is lowest score buys a few rounds for the September shoot.

Don't be scurrrred...no excuses. 1 or 2 or 10 seasons.

You got a new purdy rifle...so do I. TWolf has a proven rig that shoots well.

Besides its the nut behind the trigger.

So you want in? Or out? Yes or no answer..forget this I am backing half the beer blah blah blah.

:D

since you put it like that. i'm down.

you and timber do the beer thing then. that's on both of you. how about you and me on a side bet then? we'll go $5 per round at the scprc match. heads up, no handicap. young buck vs. old buck. like you said no excuses. new rifle, new load, whatever. it's all bs right? i'll even let you shoot your small bore rifle. large vs small and i'll give you a handicap.

Timberwolf
03-12-2008, 11:36 AM
:lurk5:

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 11:37 AM
you better becareful vu, you'll end up with 30 side bets by the time the match starts. i have nothing to prove, but this is turning into a pride match for me.

Timberwolf
03-12-2008, 11:37 AM
I thought Cypriss would be jumping all over this thread by now..

out of his league

ar15barrels
03-12-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm harmless with my 700 Pendero and 4-14 IOR. Just a poor guy learning with the basic equipment...

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 11:39 AM
HA! I wish I could claim that. That was just a bad bad nightmare I wish I woke up from before the match was over.

By mid match I was down like minus 120 from all the hostage hits.

Luckily I came back a lil to make it to the positive and not finish dead last.

Come PP.....you can do it! Time to put the rubber to road man! *stir stir stir*

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 11:40 AM
i love hostage shots, never killed the good guy b4.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Come on PP...if you hop in that cold beer in September I might be buying will be the best beer you ever had.

Vu

ar15barrels
03-12-2008, 11:43 AM

Unless Vegas was a fluke.. I don't recommend it.

I don't know who Greg is, but we all have our flukes.
Look at my first match as an example...

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 11:43 AM
funny guy, i already expected but with new conditions.

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 11:45 AM
I don't know who Greg is, but we all have our flukes.
Look at my first match as an example...

from what i recall wildcard beat the north crew in the vegas match. it'll be similar conditions meaning shooting where you don't usually shoot from. i don't know greg, and don't want to shoot against greg. i want vu, aka the instigator.

ar15barrels
03-12-2008, 11:45 AM
i love hostage shots, never killed the good guy b4.

:eek:

Oh man, I have shot my share of hostages.
Last one I got has been at least 3-4 months though.
I keep little white IPSC silhouette's cut out of masking tape on the side of my shooting tote.
Whenever someone in my squad at a big match shoots a hostage, they get a little hostage stuck on their gun that did it.
Almost everyone in my SMM3G squad 2 years ago had hostages on their rifles from one stage. :p

ar15barrels
03-12-2008, 11:47 AM
from what i recall wildcard beat the north crew in the vegas match.
it'll be similar conditions meaning shooting where you don't usually shoot from.

So just like my first match. ;)

wildcard
03-12-2008, 11:50 AM
I used to practice 200 yd hostage potatoes all the time :) Can't say I've never hit the green potato blocking the blaze orange potato..

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 11:52 AM
I don't have issues with hostages, It's movers and unsupported shooting that I need to work on.

wildcard
03-12-2008, 11:52 AM
from what i recall wildcard beat the north crew in the vegas match. it'll be similar conditions meaning shooting where you don't usually shoot from. i don't know greg, and don't want to shoot against greg. i want vu, aka the instigator.

They were hustling me!

Either way.. I still have a $20 bet waiting to be accepted :)

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 11:53 AM
They were hustling me!

Either way.. I still have a $20 bet waiting to be accepted :)

there you go vu, you got what you wanted. another challenge?

an old proverb said, "one digs their own holes"

wildcard
03-12-2008, 11:54 AM
I don't have issues with hostages, It's movers and unsupported shooting that I need to work on.

I love the movers and the angles.. it's just the same as shooting anything else plus math :)

ar15barrels
03-12-2008, 11:55 AM

I'm really good at shooting on the move with a shotgun and handgun.
You ought to come to a couple 3gun matches.
We almost always shoot on the move.
You might learn some techniques that cross over...

ar15barrels
03-12-2008, 11:56 AM
I love the movers and the angles.. it's just the same as shooting anything else plus math :)

I believe that's "it's just the same as shooting anything else plus math minus time" ;)

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 11:58 AM

LOL..well son here I am...the old man (30 now).

We'll keep her simple. Jump in with myself and Twolf so the lowest score between the 3 of us buys a few rounds.

Not instigating....just giving you your wish of wanting in on the action.

Besides its all fun and games. Just makes a things a lil more interesting. It will make all 3 of us work harder in June and maybe we will all place higher because of it.

Last year I shot against Steve Ikeda (mr. my rifle shoots .2MOA) with my 1MOA SPR A1. Still came out ahead.

Nothing to worry about anyways..you boys range rocks out to 800yards and bang away in the desert. Lil ole me just shoots on a golf course. :D

I will start saving my pennies for the beer.

Vu:gunsmilie:

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 12:01 PM
movers, i could practice in vegas. offhand i'm not worried. my strength is at 90% percent from what i used to be 2 years ago. i'm lifting over 225pounds again, so the rifle feels alot lighter. it's giving me a reason to shoot more.

nope do deal.

your deal and timber still stands as 1 deal. purely you and timber, fully backed by you and timber.

then you have a seperate deal with me going $5 a round. or we can go $50 for final result standing if you like. and i'll let you shot your small bore with a brake.

than you have a deal with jason at $20 per final result standing.

sounds good?

i have no reason to compete against jason or timber. i don't care if they outshoot me or not. i want you! you called me out, and i'm coming. if that is too much pressure for you, we can do it at the aps match. doesn't matter. we can even do it at a vegas match.

remember, i'm always finish in the bottom half at a match. i sux. you have nothing to worry about.

wildcard
03-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Haha. Just fun and games for me.. accept my bet and I'll train a little harder and one of us will recoup a little of the match fee.

Vu- Accept PP's challenge. If for nothing else, in the end it's all about bragging rights. Else go for the $50!

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 12:21 PM
edited. I'll be nice.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Man..comeptition is competition.

You can jump in with me and timber or not at all. You wanted in on the action.....=) Forget the all the multiple side bets and crap. I said in or out. Yes or no answer is good enough for me. Forget the I lift 225. blah blah blah blah.

+ I always shoot for braggin rights. You are still shooting against me either way..you dont have to beat timberwolf..just me.

So forget the 50.00 and 20.00s..buy a few rounds for the guys and call it good.

No need to be nice man..say what you got to say..no one has thin skin up North. Just answer yes or no..you want in or not? Pretty simple if you ask me.

PS...no brake on my 260Rem Pics have been posted. But if I do recall someone does have a brake on a 308. LOL...guess I am not that old where I cant take the recoil of a 308 and not see impact yet.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 12:43 PM
LOL.....gotta love it. Hope the rest of you boys are entertained.

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 12:43 PM
i don't think you get it. you called me out. reguarding timber vs you, i wanted in on the money as a financial backer. that was my intent.

you vs. me. more to loose or more to gain. no balls no rewards. you instigated, i responded. you always instigate. that's the issue. you get very cocky. that's just you. i'm used to shooting with relaxed shooters, and try not to get the competition factor get in between friends. you take it to a whole new level. ask anyone here or people at the aps matches, if i ever ask cocky or like a dick. #1 reason why i shoot at aps is there are usually no *******s. simply stated.

and yes, i can have a very hot temper. i am korean ya know?

rksimple
03-12-2008, 12:46 PM
LOL.....gotta love it. Hope the rest of you boys are entertained.

I am. Side bets, big bets, whatever. I just feel for the loser because they're never going to hear the end of it.

Timberwolf
03-12-2008, 12:49 PM
I am. Side bets, big bets, whatever. I just feel for the loser because they're never going to hear the end of it.

duelling tree time

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 12:49 PM
**** i have nothing to loose. i sux remember? hehe

Bottom place finisher here VU! come and get some.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Uh oh...someone got feelings.

No need to get all butt hurt man. CHILLLLLLLLLLL.

As for me being an a**hole......I can argue that. But for the most part I am a decent guy I would think. LOL

Man......didn't know folks are that sensitive down there. Next time I will try to be a lil more kind. Thought things were pretty simply put but I guess not.

My bad man...no need to get your panties wadded up.

I took it to a whole new level? Look who is all butt hurt calling people a**holes.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Eh brother...no need to edit your post on my part. Man up and leave it up.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Twolf..speaking of dueling trees.

I hit MGM up for 2 of their 6 plate dueling trees. I am hoping they come through so you guys have a kick a55 man vs man stage.

They want 850.00 a pop for those suckers!!!!!

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 12:56 PM
i want to see how you act when you see me. that'll be interesting. i'll talk right in front of you, forget this computer bs.

wildcard
03-12-2008, 12:57 PM
I can't wait for this match.. it'll show us where we all stand since we'll all be there.

Timberwolf
Twolf..speaking of dueling trees.

I hit MGM up for 2 of their 6 plate dueling trees. I am hoping they come through so you guys have a kick a55 man vs man stage.

They want 850.00 a pop for those suckers!!!!!

I've seen those - ouch on the price - how big are the plates?

PistolPete75
1 on 1 right?

ya you push me, and see what's going to happen.

we'll see who wets their panties.

Jicko
03-12-2008, 1:03 PM
Winner takes the loser's rifle..... big stake big stake....

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 1:04 PM
i want to see how you act when you see me. that'll be interesting. i'll talk right in front of you, forget this computer bs.

LOL...you shouldnt be so hard on yourself man. No one is that bad looking to scare me.

Eh Twolf..is this how it is? A lil ball bustin and people get all hurt?

You can talk all you want in person..i wont be the one sounding like an ***. + you aint going to do anything at Mark's match anyways. So relax. Shoot and hope you beat me.

I think the coin is good enough for me as a prize in our lil bet then man. Mark hands out coins for each place. Hopefully yours will be lower than mine.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 1:07 PM
I've seen those - ouch on the price - how big are the plates?

Plates are 6 inches to 8 inches I believe.

They are 1/2" AR plates and take some serious abuse. You are right about the price....they do hurt at 850.00 a pop. We'll see what they do for us this year. I just got the call from Savage Arms and they are in for 2008 as a sponsor.

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 1:07 PM
it's not about beating your ***. it's about how you carry yourself around here, and i'm getting tired of it.

acting cocky once is fine, but again and again and again. it can get tiring.

rememeber i told you i was the out spoken one. will i am, and i do back my words up.

you need to relaxe and keep things friendly. the main reason why again i respect Pasqel so much. he is never a dick. and he never instigates. and ****, i would say he is one hell of shooter.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 1:08 PM
Winner takes the loser's rifle..... big stake big stake....

LOL...I already have a 308. + I don't do brakes unless its a magnum.

And its a KMW I waited a long time for so she stays with me win or lose! haha

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 1:11 PM
jicko your turning just adding gas to the fire. i'm just proving a point. that was what i'm getting at.

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 1:14 PM
if your going to spark a flame, becareful for the fire.

think before you say ****.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 1:20 PM
it's not about beating your ***. it's about how you carry yourself around here, and i'm getting tired of it.

acting cocky once is fine, but again and again and again. it can get tiring.

rememeber i told you i was the out spoken one. will i am, and i do back my words up.

you need to relaxe and keep things friendly. the main reason why again i respect Pasqel so much. he is never a dick. and he never instigates. and ****, i would say he is one hell of shooter.

That is fine that you are out spoken...good for you. You get a gold star.

2nd....good that you back you words up. And your point is?

The frog is good to go. Shot with him in a few big matches. Even broke bread with him when he was in my neck of the woods with Mark. One hell of a trigger puller.

I think you need to relax...I am poking in good fun and you get all puffed up and talk about backing this and that up. Give me a break man.

We'll see who finishes where in June...if you beat me..Id walk up..shake your hand and say good shooting. Bust my balls till the next time we hit the same firing line together for a comp.

So chillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. .drink whatever beer you drink..and relax man. It's all in good fun.

wildcard
03-12-2008, 1:22 PM
Shooting for "pinks?"

You down for that Jicko? I like the idea..

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 1:23 PM
Wild..you and Jicko should do that.

But like in the show..you gotta give up round count or whatever.

wildcard
03-12-2008, 1:25 PM
We need the flame icon to mark "hot threads" like they do on ARF.com

Jicko
03-12-2008, 1:26 PM
Shooting for "pinks?"

You down for that Jicko? I like the idea..

Don't you remember that right off the bat, I said, I can't shoot s***?

I was just looking for an excuse to lose that 700PSS, then I can build up a nice AICS like you guys.

Hon, I lost my rifle. Now I need a couple thousand dollars to get a new one so that I can win it back.... :D

(Everything else except "I can't shoot s***" are just joking.....)

wildcard
03-12-2008, 1:27 PM
Wild..you and Jicko should do that.

But like in the show..you gotta give up round count or whatever.

Just over 3k down my factory barrel.

Edit: I think Jicko is a hustler too.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 1:27 PM
LOL this thread should like glow in the dark its so hot.

Cheap entertainment you know?

You get a mag kit for your rig yet?

Glen Seekins is doing a group buy right now for his setup which is DYAM nice.

Mags are cheaper than AI as well. If i didnt have all my rigs setup for AI magazines I would change.

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 1:28 PM
you have an attitude, and that is your personality. i can understand that. people with attitudes can rub others the wrong way. if someone gives me fighting words, i will fight. that is my personality so i am warning you right now. back off or you will get hurt.

i have never fought with anyone from calguns or even though of it.

if you provoke me, again i'm telling you better back yourself up or don't be talking ****. if your a nice guy which i heard you were in person, then stay nice online. don't be no freakn keyboard commando and talk mad **** unless your ready to back your *** up litteraly. **** the shooting, i don't even care at this point.

there is friendly competition, and there is acting like a major dick. if you care so much how you place, i really think you have small dick syndrome.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 1:34 PM
For one..I take threats seriously so you need to relax.

LOL..going to fight over what? Please dude....I am way too old and got WAY too much to lose to fight some punk kid over nothing.

I am sure a few LE friends of mine there would love to see you get all crazy. I've always wanted to see someone get tazed.

Think before you type.

Jicko
03-12-2008, 1:34 PM
:hide:

:lurk5:

guys, play nice..... we are a family here....

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 1:36 PM
Jicko..i am good to go man. Too old to be getting all hyped up over nothing.

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 1:37 PM
For one..I take threats seriously so you need to relax.

LOL..going to fight over what? Please dude....I am way too old and got WAY too much to lose to fight some punk kid over nothing.

I am sure a few LE friends of mine there would love to see you get all crazy. I've always wanted to see someone get tazed.

Think before you type.

that is what i thought. you are a weasle. not man enough to back yourself up. hiding behind someone right now is coward.

i'm older than you are. you got me figured all wrong. i am one of the most chill guys, but i don't take any **** from anyone.

go hide.

words are not just words. your old enough to take actions for your own responsibility.

simple street rule. if you talk, you better back it up or change your behavior.

Prc329
03-12-2008, 1:42 PM
Guys calm down and leave it on the target. Smallest group wins. No need to get all chest puffy.

rksimple
03-12-2008, 1:42 PM
Chill guys. We are all amigos here. This is getting out of hand. We can rib each other all we want here, but taking it to another level is plain dumb.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 1:43 PM
that is what i thought. you are a weasle. not man enough to back yourself up. hiding behind someone right now is coward.

i'm older than you are. you got me figured all wrong. i am one of the most chill guys, but i don't take any **** from anyone.

go hide.

words are not just words. your old enough to take actions for your own responsibility.

simple street rule. if you talk, you better back it up or change your behavior.

Well if you are older than me..act it. Relax.

I think you need to change your lil attitude right now mr. I wanna fight.

Sorry if I have a lil too much to lose to be fighting in the streets like some punk. You may not..i sure do. As for backing up my words..i aint got nothing to prove to you.

Follow your own advice. Shut up and shoot. We'll see who finishes where in June.

wildcard
03-12-2008, 1:44 PM
LOL this thread should like glow in the dark its so hot.

Cheap entertainment you know?

You get a mag kit for your rig yet?

Glen Seekins is doing a group buy right now for his setup which is DYAM nice.

Mags are cheaper than AI as well. If i didnt have all my rigs setup for AI magazines I would change.

Can't justify throwing down the bills to convert to a DM system.

Got a AR in 6.5 Grendel and TAC338 AICS in the works. When I go DM for a .30 competition rig.. I'll probably go full custom with a 300 WM.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 1:45 PM
Chill guys. We are all amigos here. This is getting out of hand. We can rib each other all we want here, but taking it to another level is plain dumb.

Rksimple...I am good to go man. You need to check your boy making threats.

wildcard
03-12-2008, 1:50 PM
Quick.. someone post up a picture of Rodney King with a caption of his eternal words.

Timberwolf
03-12-2008, 1:52 PM
Damn y'all need to :chillpill:

This is suppose to be good natured ribbing - "A" type personality style - but it doesn't go to the personal level - guys rein it in - the N v S thing between Vu's group and those of us below Fresno is an old ribbing match that has been around long before Calguns exposure and has sparked such great events as Area 51 and alot of hem hawing at last years SCPRC 07.

Everyone grow a skin and cool it - this is nothing more than good natured ball busting

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 1:53 PM
Can't justify throwing down the bills to convert to a DM system.

Got a AR in 6.5 Grendel and TAC338 AICS in the works. When I go DM for a .30 competition rig.. I'll probably go full custom with a 300 WM.

I just picked up a Stiller Tac30 for my FTR build.

300WM eh? I have a GAP 300WM i may dump for cheap with a new rock 1:10 26" barrel blank.

wildcard
03-12-2008, 1:56 PM
I just picked up a Stiller Tac30 for my FTR build.

300WM eh? I have a GAP 300WM i may dump for cheap with a new rock 1:10 26" barrel blank.

I actually have a 300WM right now that i'm selling REAL cheap. Just figured it'll be a while till I can built it so I might as well free up the funds.

ar15barrels
03-12-2008, 1:57 PM
Hope the rest of you boys are entertained.

:popcorn:

ar15barrels
03-12-2008, 1:58 PM
As for me being an a**hole......I can argue that. But for the most part I am a decent guy I would think.

You can shoot with me anytime.
I'm an a**hole online too.
Us a**holes need to stick together. ;)

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 2:02 PM
Damn y'all need to :chillpill:

This is suppose to be good natured ribbing - "A" type personality style - but it doesn't go to the personal level - guys rein it in - the N v S thing between Vu's group and those of us below Fresno is an old ribbing match that has been around long before Calguns exposure and has sparked such great events as Area 51 and alot of hem hawing at last years SCPRC 07.

Everyone grow a skin and cool it - this is nothing more than good natured ball busting

+1 My bad Twolf. Didn't mean to stir it up this much boss. I will be a good boy now.

Man...people need to hear me and the old man Steve Ikeda go at it. There is no limits there but we laugh our asses off.

rksimple
03-12-2008, 2:05 PM
Man...people need to hear me and the old man Steve Ikeda go at it. There is no limits there but we laugh our asses off.

Thats what makes it fun. I plan on camping at your match that weekend. I'm sure there will be plenty of smack talk and good times that evening.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 2:06 PM

LOL..two jerk's like us may get into a whole lotta trouble.

Jicko
03-12-2008, 2:08 PM
There is no limits there but we laugh our asses off.

That's the spirit....

Thats what makes it fun. I plan on camping at your match that weekend. I'm sure there will be plenty of smack talk and good times that evening.

Sounds like a good idea (now I have to consider doing the NvS thing...)

Out in the middle of no where..... unlimited beers, red wines and steaks.....

ar15barrels
03-12-2008, 2:09 PM
We need the flame icon to mark "hot threads" like they do on ARF.com

Or a flaming troll icon to place in the profiles of the "hot heads". ;)

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 2:10 PM

Sweet. Last year we had about 15 guys camp out. It was a great time! Just remember no tents. We have some big rattlesnakes. Wouldn't want one of those guys to crawl into your tent.

rksimple
03-12-2008, 2:14 PM
Sweet. Last year we had about 15 guys camp out. It was a great time! Just remember no tents. We have some big rattlesnakes. Wouldn't want one of those guys to crawl into your tent.

Cool. How is weather at night? I can sleep in the back of my xterra. Made the mistake of trying to do that the first time I went up for a vegas match. With it being 95 degrees at night, I didn't sleep that well.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 2:18 PM
Hmm......depending on if we have a heat wave or not when you are up here. With all your windows down and stuff I think you should be fine. If you wanna play it safe pick up one of those tent fans at REI and put it in your car.

Last year most of us slept in the back of our trucks.

We have bathrooms with flushing toilets and running water for you to freshin up in the AM before the shoots as well.

wildcard
03-12-2008, 2:18 PM

That's right.. you're the one who believes people only shoot Savage 10s because they can't afford to shoot Remington 700s :)

rksimple
03-12-2008, 2:21 PM
That's right.. you're the one who believes people only shoot Savage 10s because they can't afford to shoot Remington 700s :)

And with sps-v's being as cheap as a 10fp, it doesn't even hold water!

wildcard
03-12-2008, 2:22 PM
We have bathrooms with flushing toilets and running water for you to freshin up in the AM before the shoots as well.

There you go with with your country club lifestyle again..

ar15barrels
03-12-2008, 2:26 PM

Flush toilets. :eek:
All we have at WEGC & APS are porta-a-johns which is quite fun when it's 95 degrees out. :rolleyes:

I suppose sunday brunch is served in the 19th hole at SVSC right. ;)

ar15barrels
03-12-2008, 2:28 PM

Some savage people are just too hard headed to swallow their pride and upgrade, even if they could afford a real gun. ;)

Cypriss32
03-12-2008, 2:54 PM
How many rounds are we doing?

Im still waiting to get your name bro..... Seems you just picked up and left.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 2:57 PM
Flush toilets. :eek:
All we have at WEGC & APS are porta-a-johns which is quite fun when it's 95 degrees out. :rolleyes:

I suppose sunday brunch is served in the 19th hole at SVSC right. ;)

LOL.....don't hate! Eh man...we try to make our shooters as comfy as possible for our big match. Since it will probably be 100 degrees out we will make sure you guys have plenty of ice cold liquids to hydrate with. No need for heat casualties.

ar15barrels
03-12-2008, 3:01 PM
PS...no brake on my 260Rem Pics have been posted. But if I do recall someone does have a brake on a 308. LOL...guess I am not that old where I cant take the recoil of a 308 and not see impact yet.

So are you going to have Kestryl change your username to Vu 260? :eek:

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 4:00 PM
i want to say one last thing. Vu, friends talk **** and laugh together right? but, when you don't know someone and say things that people can take take offensively it will stir up some ill feelings. you don't know me. i never even met you before. i'm sure alot of people like you, but when you don't know someone you wouldn't call someone a ***** would you? wet panties, that's all the same ****. those are fighting words to me, and i take that very offensively. acting cocky is one thing, but being an ******* no matter how good of a shooter you are doesn't mean anything in my book expect being an *******. that was what i getting at when i said pasqel has class. you need some refinement in this area. do some less shooting, and learn some manners or one day you'll run into someone that won't give a ****. talk nice or don't talk at all with people you don't know. that is how your getting yourself into all this trouble with everyone.

i'll lay off. but, i'm saying this to you only once more. becareful of how you talk to me. if you disrespect me, i will go after you and you better back yourself up. 1 on 1. like the old fashion way, fists only and then you move on to another day and then its squashed.

postal
03-12-2008, 4:24 PM
HA! I wish I could claim that. That was just a bad bad nightmare I wish I woke up from before the match was over.

By mid match I was down like minus 120 from all the hostage hits.

Luckily I came back a lil to make it to the positive and not finish dead last.

Come PP.....you can do it! Time to put the rubber to road man!

Vu- You're confused mang!

I'm the one with the hostage hits last year- I was the one that finished day 1 with a NEGATIVE score because the hostage.... Really- I was dead last at neg 2 at the end of the first day.... Whaddya mean I hit him twice????? Hit him once and he's dead- dropped on the floor... ya cant hit a hostage twice!!!! HEHEHEE! yup- All me baby- step off my territory before I pee on yer leg! ... and I barely stepped up out of last by the end of the match.

Most of us know you enough online and or met you in person to know the trash talk is all in good fun- but this has really gotten out of hand here. Someone you hadnt met before got offended, and you should ease up a bit. No one here wants to see an actual fight break out at a match. ya spoiled little brat with your flushing toilets.......

We all know you and Steve can both dish it and take it- but you dont know PP. (nor do I) Please both of you drop a few notches?

rksimple
03-12-2008, 4:34 PM
i want to say one last thing. Vu, friends talk **** and laugh together right? but, when you don't know someone and say things that people can take take offensively it will stir up some ill feelings. you don't know me. i never even met you before. i'm sure alot of people like you, but when you don't know someone you wouldn't call someone a ***** would you? wet panties, that's all the same ****. those are fighting words to me, and i take that very offensively. acting cocky is one thing, but being an ******* no matter how good of a shooter you are doesn't mean anything in my book expect being an *******. that was what i getting at when i said pasqel has class. you need some refinement in this area. do some less shooting, and learn some manners or one day you'll run into someone that won't give a ****. talk nice or don't talk at all with people you don't know. that is how your getting yourself into all this trouble with everyone.

i'll lay off. but, i'm saying this to you only once more. becareful of how you talk to me. if you disrespect me, i will go after you and you better back yourself up. 1 on 1. like the old fashion way, fists only and then you move on to another day and then its squashed.

Dang man, I don't know how it got this far but, it doesn't need to be like this. I thought it started all in fun but somewhere along the way, it changed. What happened guys?

This should all just be forgotten and people should move on. Friendly ribbing is just that. I think there may have been some misunderstandings somewhere...

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 4:43 PM
i said i'll drop it. no more fighting for me. he doesn't know me, and he said a a few things, that i really took offensively.

he might think i'm a young little punk. i'm actually almost 33 and i'm married with a kid.

i never let anyone push me around. i heard fighting words, and i got really pissed off.

calling a friend a puxxy and someone you don't know a puxxy will get a total different reaction.

i'll back down completely. simply stated, i just don't want to get disrespected.

Cypriss32
03-12-2008, 4:46 PM
I know one thing im glad im not being attacked. Keep it going.

rksimple
03-12-2008, 4:48 PM

For once you're not the one getting beat on. Its all good. You're the younger one so it just has to be that way.

ar15barrels
03-12-2008, 5:06 PM

We were wondering where you were earlier...

Cypriss32
03-12-2008, 5:10 PM
Im at work all day. Were are you?

ar15barrels
03-12-2008, 5:18 PM
Im at work all day. Were are you?

At work.

Pthfndr
03-12-2008, 5:25 PM
Dang Vu, you sure know how to stir up the sh*t.

You could have got them to put up more money ya know. All you had to do was tell them how at the Feb steel match some yokel with a Swiss K31 beat you :)

ar15barrels
03-12-2008, 5:38 PM
some yokel with a Swiss K31 beat you

Are you going to be shooting that K31 at the north/south scrimage and SCPRC as well? ;)

pottymouth310
03-12-2008, 5:58 PM
I will be there....
hold a spot for me, checks going out tomorrow.

Cypriss32
03-12-2008, 5:59 PM
I doudt anyone is holding spots bro.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 6:01 PM
LOL.....go take a chill pill and read your post again. I am laughing my *** off over here since no where in my post did I disrespect you in any way.

1 on 1..fist to fist? Sorry man...I like my right to own firearms. If you like yours I would suggest you slow down on the threats.

RKsimple...its all good on my end man. Someone got all nutted up and upset over a few words.

Postal...you weren't the only one with hostages shot at Marks match. But I was talking about the Vegas shoot. I drilled almost all of them.

pottymouth310
03-12-2008, 6:05 PM
I doudt anyone is holding spots bro.

darn.... my good looks & charm isn't going to do it???? j/k. ;)
I know figure of speech. money always talks.
see ya guys there

Spaniard
03-12-2008, 6:06 PM
I believe this post began with Hey guys the SCPRC entry forms are now available for download Pre-match jitters I guess...:rolleyes:

Anyways, as I mentioned before, if you want to participate get your entry form in ASAP.

During the Bar-B-Q you guys can banter, sing songs, hug...well ok maybe not hug, I can't see LV (Kurt Stone of Vegas fame) hugging anyone. He has issues:cuss::taz: Well maybe the frog, but not anyone else...:p:p

I spoke with today and he said he is training hard coming to take names and kick arse at the 2008 SCPRC. He's looking at the top 10 position, anything less is unacceptable.

So goes the word on the street....:detective:

Spaniard...

wildcard
03-12-2008, 6:11 PM
I spoke with today and he said he is training hard coming to take names and kick arse at the 2008 SCPRC. He's looking at the top 10 position, anything less is unacceptable.

So goes the word on the street....:detective:

Spaniard...

Who?

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 6:14 PM
Dang Vu, you sure know how to stir up the sh*t.

You could have got them to put up more money ya know. All you had to do was tell them how at the Feb steel match some yokel with a Swiss K31 beat you :)

Yah...thats the best part. He actually thinks I am a good shooter. LOL

Don't worry this month your K31 is going down. :43:

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 6:15 PM
Who?

Probably Kurt....he has been on a mission lately.

Pthfndr
03-12-2008, 6:34 PM
Are you going to be shooting that K31 at the north/south scrimage and SCPRC as well? ;)

Maybe :) It beat most of these rifles.

(hint: it's the only one with a wood stock)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/Pthfndr/Targets/NCPPRC1.jpg

wildcard
03-12-2008, 6:39 PM
I'll start training up pretty hard too. Gotta represent! No more rear sock starting now! Cardio.. weights.. and weekly shooting sessions!

wildcard
03-12-2008, 6:41 PM
Maybe :) It beat most of these rifles.

(hint: it's the only one with a wood stock)

I've seen too many people with super nice rigs that can't shoot worth a crap :)

Somebody has the same brake I do on the left!

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 6:46 PM
the sherman tank muzzle brake. best brake i ever shot out of.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 7:13 PM
LOL....hey PP...no need to PM me man. Keep it on the open forum. You are a joke.

Edit to add...keep the threats coming so I can get my CCW.

Cypriss32
03-12-2008, 7:17 PM
Ohh **** guys this is great... Our North VS South Match is like the Civil War all over again.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 7:18 PM
Going to have go oleeee school with some black powder rifles.

PistolPete75
03-12-2008, 7:21 PM
i know you have it loud and clear. that's all i got to say. keep it cool.

Cypriss32
03-12-2008, 7:24 PM
Whos got the GAT Vu308? Would like to know more about it. I have one on order for my M70 and that CDI metal you gave me.

Vu 308
03-12-2008, 7:34 PM
Oh..thats Fred Sakai's rig.

PP.....relax.

He seems to dig it.

Email him at fsak@pacbell.net

Just let him know u got his email from me so he doesnt freak out thinking you are some stalker.

Timberwolf
03-12-2008, 9:55 PM
Damn a K31 at a match - and I thought I was being old school by building an early 'Nam M70 ('52 action) sniper rifle in 30-06. I had hoped to have it ready for SCPRC 08 but isn't going to happen - maybe by Sept and I'll shoot a couple of the stage on the side just to see haw she'll stacj up against the modern stuff.

As to all else knock it off - as said before this type of ribbing and challenging has been going on a long time and there never has been any malice in the bantering between us and it will stay that way. :nono: Any squaring off will done be on the firing line. The smack is not personal nor is it intended to be nor should it be taken that way. Rant off

Pthfndr
03-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Damn a K31 at a match - and I thought I was being old school by building an early 'Nam M70 ('52 action) sniper rifle in 30-06. I had hoped to have it ready for SCPRC 08 but isn't going to happen - maybe by Sept and I'll shoot a couple of the stage on the side just to see haw she'll stacj up against the modern stuff.

T'wolf

the K31 is nothing. At last years NorCal Tactical Bolt Rifle Challenge I shot a original Swede Mauser made in 1902 - and came in 11th. :D

I will concede that I mounted a NF scope to it though. Hard to range with a post reticle.

Timberwolf
03-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Now that I would have liked to see. LOL I want to try and keep my build old school so am looking for an old Lyman target scope to top it - the Redfield 3X9 is out as 9X would handicap the crap out of me in matches - of course so would the Lyman as it had a fine cross hair and a target dot as I remember and I have long lost the ability to accurately guess ranges by sight.

ar15barrels
03-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Going to have go oleeee school with some black powder rifles.

I'm in.

http://ar15barrels.com/gfx/smokepole.jpg

PistolPete75
03-13-2008, 9:00 AM

As to all else knock it off - as said before this type of ribbing and challenging has been going on a long time and there never has been any malice in the bantering between us and it will stay that way. :nono: Any squaring off will done be on the firing line. The smack is not personal nor is it intended to be nor should it be taken that way. Rant off

just tell him to stay away from me and keep his mouth shut. i wouldn't get too close to a barking dog. when someone calls me a wet panty, that is a direct attack on me. i don't know who he is, and that is disrespectful of him saying that to me. period.

you remember why i started competiting in your matches right? my answer to you when you asked me how it was after my match was, ya i liked the match everyone was really nice with no ego. that was the hunny that caught me. i believe i placed like 7th out of like 10 people in that match. that didn't bother me at all. pasqel made a huge impression on me immediately, and it wasn't his shooting. it was his true champion spirit by being humble.