PDA

View Full Version : 40 Sheriffs asked to disarm? Oklahoma

ProLibertate
03-17-2014, 3:47 PM
Wow. I figured the insanity was limited to CA, CT, MA and NY. Apparently not.

"The annual meet and greet is a chance for sheriffs and legislators to come together and discuss the needs of the state ...
One thing was different this year that had a major impact on the event. An anonymous senator requested that the sheriffs be asked to disarm."

http://gopthedailydose.com/2014/03/16/40-sheriffs-walk-out-of-state-house-after-senator-demands-they-disarm/

Someone please tell me that gopthedailydose.com is running theonion.com style articles now.

GMG
03-17-2014, 3:55 PM
I was going to say before I read the article, "I bet that will go over like a fart in church"

Jwtechnic
03-18-2014, 12:00 PM
Whoa!

ja308
03-18-2014, 1:40 PM
Wagoner County Sheriff Bob Colbert was miffed, as were the others. “We’re the people that protect these people,” adding, “If the state troopers are satisfied that we’re ok in that building I’m pretty sure that the legislators should have something else to worry about such as the economy or something.”

The first class of Journalism 101 highlights the importance of five simple words. Who, What, When, Where and Why. These 5 W's are the essential building blocks of news writing....

Looks legit to me !

morfeeis
03-18-2014, 2:12 PM
I see no problem here, if we are forced to disarm then so should they. i think i remember reading something about all men being created equal and equal protection...

CAguy
03-18-2014, 2:17 PM
I see no problem here, if we are forced to disarm then so should they. i think i remember reading something about all men being created equal and equal protection...

Agree 100%.

lasbrg
03-18-2014, 3:17 PM
Here is the link to the original article the blog quotes: http://www.ktul.com/story/24972637/sheriffs-asked-to-disarm-at-the-capitol

I agree, even more so if fair treatment was the reason for the disarm request. If the Sheriff's had a problem, let them argue RKBY and not their supposed specialness.

rugershooter
03-19-2014, 7:14 AM

Exactly. I'm not sure what the laws are in OK. But if CCW holders can't carry there, then the cops shouldn't be able to, either.

ja308
03-19-2014, 11:06 AM
I agree CCW holders should be allowed carry wherever police are authorized !

Not that it affects me !

Mrninninnin
03-20-2014, 6:28 PM
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
-Samuel Adams

"I Never Thought A Bic Lighter Would Help Save My Country..."

3%'ers... ARM THYSELVES... WITH BIG LIGHTERS AND MATCHES... (Not Joking At All!). Most of the people I talk to about the Gun Grab, Have Absolutely NO IDEA of what is going on. I say to you this... As An Informed American and Patriot, It Is Your Duty Now TO INFORM... The Spirit of Paul Revere Lives On!! I am currently building MY OWN network, at work, with those I know are gun enthusiasts. Even THERE level of information is poor at best. Be an avid educator on this... What if our country's freedom was in your hands alone? Start talking to people.

CapS
03-21-2014, 10:02 PM
3%'ers... ARM THYSELVES... WITH BIG LIGHTERS AND MATCHES... (Not Joking At All!). Most of the people I talk to about the Gun Grab, Have Absolutely NO IDEA of what is going on. I say to you this... As An Informed American and Patriot, It Is Your Duty Now TO INFORM... The Spirit of Paul Revere Lives On!! I am currently building MY OWN network, at work, with those I know are gun enthusiasts. Even THERE level of information is poor at best. Be an avid educator on this... What if our country's freedom was in your hands alone? Start talking to people.

Think about using both a spell-checker and a proof-reader when you are ready
for your next rant, please. Also, you might consider the wisdom of lecturing
people you'd like to convince; perhaps read some other posts on this forum
before you attempt to educate other members.

:oji:

Sincerly,
Cap

MeatyMac
03-22-2014, 7:25 AM
Think about using both a spell-checker and a proof-reader when you are ready
for your next rant, please. Also, you might consider the wisdom of lecturing
people you'd like to convince; perhaps read some other posts on this forum
before you attempt to educate other members.

:oji:

Sincerly,
Cap

Sincerely... :kest:

Kind regards,
MM