PDA

View Full Version : Lowers and there prices$$$$$

West coast
03-10-2008, 1:35 PM
Hey what up calguners...

It is me or the prices on the lowers are going higher or what is the deal?????Your info is needed plaese.....

viras
03-10-2008, 1:39 PM
Since I first started looking at lowers (this time last year), I've noticed that the prices have gone up by at least $10-$20 bucks.

Then again, prices have gone up on most goods in the past year...

hitman13
03-10-2008, 1:45 PM
i knwo what you mean. i am hoping that in july some retailer will run a tax stimulation sale will lowers around 100 bucks or less. i should have bought more from lauer when they were 85 bucks at xmas....

Josh3239
03-10-2008, 1:47 PM
I don't think so you just need to know where to look. Essential Arms, Spike's Tactical, and Anvil Arms are very well priced and I have never heard a complain about any of those lowers. Stag, mega, and doublestar are a small step up in price and I also have never heard anything bad about them.

IMO, one should spend the time to look for the good deals. I hate spending my time and money with venders who mark products ridiculously high. Why spend your hard earned money on lowers that are marked up $20-$100 when you can get them for the price they should be sold at? Especially if you have to go through the transfer fees.

Heatseeker
03-10-2008, 1:47 PM
... i should have bought more from lauer when they were 85 bucks at xmas....

I wish I'd have bought at least a couple myself!

odesskiy
03-10-2008, 1:50 PM
When you spend $1500-1600 on a build before optics, $10-20 difference on the lower is not that big of a deal.

Patriot
03-10-2008, 2:00 PM
When you spend $1500-1600 on a build before optics, $10-20 difference on the lower is not that big of a deal.

A penny saved... ;)

-hanko
03-10-2008, 2:13 PM
Hey what up calguners...

It is me or the prices on the lowers are going higher or what is the deal?????Your info is needed plaese.....
I'd give a major ++ to essential arms.

Some CA dealers know that an interstate transfer means either you bend over for the transfer or pay an inflated price to buy out of dealer's stock.

Try http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Lower_Receivers_Lower_Parts.html
or
http://www.ar15sales.com/rra2.htm You'll need to call for a price, but you'll like it;)

-hanko

Fjold
03-10-2008, 3:11 PM
They're not up to the prices that we were paying in 2005.

eviioiive
03-10-2008, 3:40 PM

2 weeks!

aplinker
03-10-2008, 4:05 PM

I think people still have the expectation lowers should be priced the same here as out of state.

They cost less than a good buttstock, far less than a barrel, less than a bolt carrier, less than a railed handguard, less than 500rds of ammo.

IMHO, a lower is CHEAP.

jacques
03-11-2008, 12:04 AM
I think people still have the expectation lowers should be priced the same here as out of state.

They cost less than a good buttstock, far less than a barrel, less than a bolt carrier, less than a railed handguard, less than 500rds of ammo.

IMHO, a lower is CHEAP.

Yes they are cheap. Consider I am getting 2- VZ58 receivers for $250 each, AR lowers are very cheap.

Technowizard
03-11-2008, 12:42 AM
I wouldn't complain too much about the small increase... I think all said and done

gas for 5 round trips to bay area
multiple DROS's
dealer fee
$285 receiver

my Milpitas GB Doublestar ran me a whopping total of $600+... top that for a single stripped receiver then you can *****! :taz:

Technowizard

artthestampede
03-11-2008, 12:50 AM
OLL's are misnomers... The prices get higher not lower.

:rofl2:

s2000news
03-11-2008, 12:55 AM
So its a good thing I now have 2 build and 3 stripped lowers waiting for their build days? :)

jacques
03-11-2008, 1:04 AM
I have noticed the prices of a lot of things going up. AKs, Saigas, parts kits, Ammo, Lowers, gasoline.............is this just the beginning.

Technowizard
03-11-2008, 1:14 AM
I have noticed the prices of a lot of things going up. AKs, Saigas, parts kits, Ammo, Lowers, gasoline.............is this just the beginning.

No... the beginning was 95 years ago with the creation of the Federal Reserve. The US Dollar has been on a steady decline in value ever since. :mad:

Technowizard

htalkomar
03-12-2008, 7:19 PM
They are a lot cheaper than they were say 2-3 years ago when shops were adding $150 to them. Now I pay anywhere from $150 to $175 total (including DROS). So from that persepective, they have gone down.

jamesob
03-12-2008, 7:35 PM
you can buy lowers from gb at the 100.00 mark and some are less. buy them and have your ffl do the transfer like i do. my dealer charges 50.00 including the dros. so it works out to be 150.00 or 160.00 and he is happy doing it that way.

Spyder
03-12-2008, 9:43 PM
The local shop that sells them doesn't do internet or mail transfers...but he keeps a bunch of OLL's in stock.

And charges more than FIVE HUNDRED dollars a pop for a completed lower. Yea, that's with buttstock and internals...but crap almighty, that's a markup.

RECCE556
03-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Don't forget, some dealers need to go through yet another dealer out of state in order to get the OLL's into California (so they get marked up from the out-of-state dealer too). Not every manufacturer is up-to-date with CA laws so a lot of them will NOT send to CA directly....not to mention that the cost of everything has gone up. Considering the amount of hassle that FFL's have to deal with (with the DOJ/ATF), you should be happy dealers are willing to even transfer OLL's!

SemiAutoSam
03-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Finally someone that understands.

For the rest of you here is a 30 min primer on what causes inflation and the decline in the FIAT Currency know as the Federal Reserve Note.

About Inflation.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7760821786905609611&q=Edward+Griffin&total=326&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=5

About the Federal Reserve..
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6507136891691870450&q=Edward+Griffin&total=326&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

No... the beginning was 95 years ago with the creation of the Federal Reserve. The US Dollar has been on a steady decline in value ever since. :mad:

Technowizard

BTW would anyone care to guess what I paid for this lower ?
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/mag-lock/colt3nj.jpg

NeoWeird
03-12-2008, 10:47 PM
BTW would anyone care to guess what I paid for this lower ?
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/mag-lock/colt3nj.jpg

Were you the one who got that from the pirate for the $1.3k range?

I got passed up by $200 for a complete Colt "Carbine" about a month ago. Damn shame too.

Oh yeah, and seeing as I paid nearly $800 for my first three lowers, I'd say the new wave of $150 lowers is a welcome change.

ty423
03-12-2008, 10:53 PM

I got passed up by $200 for a complete Colt "Carbine" about a month ago. Damn shame too.

Oh yeah, and seeing as I paid nearly $800 for my first three lowers, I'd say the new wave of $150 lowers is a welcome change.

how much?

SemiAutoSam
03-12-2008, 10:56 PM
No
Actually I bought this item as a lower with LPK installed.

It was my first OLL. But not my first OLR. :D

NeoWeird
03-12-2008, 10:56 PM
how much?

I believe the end price was in the $1.4k range.

NeoWeird
03-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Here is a picture of the one that got away. :(

http://san1.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/091815000/91815730/pix2398802796.jpg

And it was $1.2k with my bid being $1k (I couldn't remember if my high bid or the winning bid was $1.2k). It started at $599. First bid was done on the first day. I bid on it second day. No other bids for 6 days. Went to work with 1.5 hours left on it at the price of $625 if I remember right. Came home to find it had jumped up to $1.2k.

If it wasn't for the 15 minute rule; I would have won it.

RECCE556
03-12-2008, 11:10 PM
Anyone want to guess what I paid for this lower? ;)

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/recce556/CSTM.jpg

hntnnut
03-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Try Ranier, I just got a three pack for 321.95 shipped. Went in with 2 friends charged 120.00 each to do the leg work and am out the door for 140.95

Richard

RECCE556
03-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Finally someone that understands.

People just don't understand. Some people think that FFL's are buying receivers for $30 and charging $150 for it. If people think it's too expensive, go through the hassles of getting a FFL, finding a city to open up a shop, pay rent for that shop, buy and stock inventory, buys safes and an alarm system, pay employees, pay for display units, furniture, computer, credit card machine, etc., etc., deal with customers, DEAL WITH THE AFT/DOJ/IGGY, maintain paperwork (is your personal checkbook even in order? Anyone ever go over your checkbook with a magnifying glass LOOKING for errors and then dinging you with huge fees if you messed up?) etc., etc. AND THEN come back and tell me that your lower was "overpriced".

I challenge anyone to open up this sort of business and sell OLL's at $99 ...let's see how long those margins will pay for rent... ;)

NeoWeird
03-13-2008, 1:24 AM
Anyone want to guess what I paid for this lower? ;)

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/recce556/CSTM.jpg

Probably not as much as current market value, since it had to raise in price since you purchased it. I mean, it's been, what, almost 10 years since those were legal to purchase in this state?

RECCE556
03-13-2008, 3:04 AM
Probably not as much as current market value, since it had to raise in price since you purchased it. I mean, it's been, what, almost 10 years since those were legal to purchase in this state?
Actually, that is a "pre-ban" lower (pre-94)...I bought it complete with a factory built Colt 6920 "grey" upper...$600 PPT... :D

I bet it's worth a good chunk of change in New York...I wonder how much I could have sold it for locally if CA allowed "grandfathering" of RAW's.

SemiAutoSam
03-13-2008, 9:16 AM
I wasn't talking about buying the Lowers and dealing with the FFL.

I was responding to Technowizard's reply about the FED and the Currency that is currently in use.

Hopefully the idiots in charge will come to their senses one day and give us a honest Debt Free Currency And If we are really lucky they will abolish the Banking system as we know it IE no more fractional banking.

People just don't understand. Some people think that FFL's are buying receivers for $30 and charging $150 for it. If people think it's too expensive, go through the hassles of getting a FFL, finding a city to open up a shop, pay rent for that shop, buy and stock inventory, buys safes and an alarm system, pay employees, pay for display units, furniture, computer, credit card machine, etc., etc., deal with customers, DEAL WITH THE AFT/DOJ/IGGY, maintain paperwork (is your personal checkbook even in order? Anyone ever go over your checkbook with a magnifying glass LOOKING for errors and then dinging you with huge fees if you messed up?) etc., etc. AND THEN come back and tell me that your lower was "overpriced".

I challenge anyone to open up this sort of business and sell OLL's at $99 ...let's see how long those margins will pay for rent... ;)

FortCourageArmory
03-13-2008, 9:25 AM

I just want to know how you got into my head and typed out my rant from so far away? Good post!!

+10,000

RECCE556
03-13-2008, 11:44 AM
I wasn't talking about buying the Lowers and dealing with the FFL.
Ah, I re-read your post and now that makes sense. Sorry 'bout that.

I just want to know how you got into my head and typed out my rant from so far away? Good post!!

+10,000
I bought one those mind-reading-machines off eBay...guess it works!:D