PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 and 10/30 Mag reviews

CrippledPidgeon
03-10-2008, 8:33 AM
I know that C Product 10/20 and 10/30 mags have gotten somewhat mixed reviews, but I was curious how the Stag Arms mags were, and I remember seeing someone selling 10/30 rd PMAGs too... I'm still in the 10 day waiting period for my OLL, but I wanted to get some mags for when it actually comes home :p

aplinker
03-10-2008, 9:56 AM
Here's my theory:

10/30 for pictures, 10rd mags for the range.

The PMAG is the best mag out there. I would say that it might be the only riveted magazine that actually qualifies as permanent - removing the rivet is likely to break the body. It feeds 100% - and color is a nice look, too.

The other 10/20s and 10/30s from C-Products tend to work well. I have one of each and they've been ok for me.

The best are the 10/20 ORIGINAL Bushmasters, if you can find them.

Stag mags in all forms tend to be garbage.

ProMag 10/20s are surprisingly good. They might not have the look you want, though.

In the end, this is my suggestion. Buy $15 C-Products 10rd mags & add Magpul ranger floorplates (~$4/each). It will give you leverage on the mag for changes. Buy a 10/30 PMAG or other for pictures (at home and the range).

blackberg
03-10-2008, 10:16 AM
new cproducts 10/20 mags should be ready in a week per Larry,

I need mags as well
-bb

jandmtv
03-10-2008, 10:20 AM
lets hope that these 10/20s hold 10 rounds...
their 10/30s are known for only holding 9 rounds. unless you bend the tabs down to 90 degrees. then the 10th round pops in.

Charliegone
03-10-2008, 11:23 AM
I have a few mags.

Cproducts 10/30 mag feeds pretty reliably and are great for pictures (you know the regular 10rdr just doesn't look cool and M4gery.:D) and yes they do feed 10rds and no more

The Cproducts 10/10 is also reliable and I use mostly, as suggested, at the range (bench, etc you catch the drift). Might not look that good for pictures, since the mag is almost flushed with the magwell.

I also have a few promags 10/20's and yes, they do feed reliably as well (IME). In fact those were the first mags I used in my ar and had no problems with them.

I haven't tried stag arms, so I couldn't tell you about those, as for the Pmag, search Youtube for vids on destruction, torture, etc tests on the Pmag...let me tell you..that's one helluava mag!

elenius
03-10-2008, 12:05 PM
What are the Armalite mags like? Aren't those the same as the bushmaster 10/20s? They're only $17 on their web site.

shark92651
03-10-2008, 12:46 PM
The Armalite 10/20 = Bushmaster 10/20 = Promag 10/20. These are all the same mag.

The Stag 10 round = the Bushmaster 10 round = C Products 10 round. These are all the same.

My recommendation, buy the C Products 10 rounders or the ProMag 10/20 since these are the originals and usually cheaper than the rebranded versions.

Hopefully the C Products 10/20s will be out soon and will not have the 10 round, sometimes 9 round, problems the 10/30s sometimes have.

blackberg
03-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Larry said he was just waiting for them to comeback for coating on the C 10/20's, dont know if they are the alum one or the stainless one though
-bb

shark92651
03-10-2008, 2:04 PM
Larry said he was just waiting for them to comeback for coating on the C 10/20's, dont know if they are the alum one or the stainless one though
-bb

I was told the same thing at Shot show back in early Feb. He knows we are all dying to get our hands on them so hopefully we will see them soon. They had better be the steel ones though as it is imperitive that the tabs cannot be easily broken off.

aplinker
03-10-2008, 3:00 PM
The Stag 10 round = the Bushmaster 10 round = C Products 10 round. These are all the same.

This is current truth. There was a time when Stag was running other mags (as well as BM).

You pay extra for the BM 10rd mags because of their "special" floorplate (a whole bit of engraving).

oogabooga
03-10-2008, 7:38 PM
I was told the same thing at Shot show back in early Feb. He knows we are all dying to get our hands on them so hopefully we will see them soon. They had better be the steel ones though as it is imperitive that the tabs cannot be easily broken off.

Has anybody bought one of these mags from Lanworld yet?
http://lanworldinc.com/Magazines.html

C-Products 10/20 California Magazine. Stainless Steel, Marlube Coated, Anti-tilt magpul followers.
$25.00

Stag Arms 10/20 California Magazine
$20.00

The picture on the left shows a straight walled mag, so I shot Lanworld an email asking if these were the new staight bodied 10/20s but was met with a somewhat unclear (to me) answer:

The 20 bodies are straight standard AR15 magazines. The curve is with 30 round bodies on the 10/30.

"straight standard AR15 magazines"?
As far as I know, Stag hasn't made any 10/20s curved or straight (correct me if I'm wrong). But what Mr. Bieling has for sale on his site matches what was for sale during the Stag Arms 10/30 release fiasco: Cproducts mag with magpul follower and Stag mag with (regular) green follower at a slightly cheaper price.

Regarding the OP, I have both the Cproducts and Stag Arms 10/30s, and it was actually the Cproducts with the magpul follower that was causing problems. Either the feed lips were too tight, or the front of the magazine was too high to clear, but bullets were getting jammed into the casing when trying to send the bolt home. I believe my cousin had the same problem with a Cproducts 10/30 as well. My Stag 10/30, Bushmaster Straight (Promag) 10/20, Bushmaster Curved (discontinued) 10/20, Stag 10 round flush mags have all worked fine.

blackberg
03-11-2008, 7:58 AM
This is current truth. There was a time when Stag was running other mags (as well as BM).

You pay extra for the BM 10rd mags because of their "special" floorplate (a whole bit of engraving).

I remember when I first bought some, I bought "one" of each, and I just checked them right now and they all have bushmaster floorplates :confused:, the are the hot 10/20s BTW.

Larry from Cproducts said that the new ones are going to be Stainless Steel, just waiting for coating he says...

I were him I would have gotten a whole mess of them and some krylon and sold some as pre-release Limited Edition :D

-Blackberg

Kishfisser
03-11-2008, 9:48 AM
I ordered one of each from Lanworld, and they are currently on backorder. I am just waiting to get them to try them out. Lanworld said about a week maybe a bit more until they will be in.

landser1102
03-11-2008, 4:44 PM
I just got some 10/20 Promags from Midway recently (on sale for $15 now). I did a little adjustments and installed some gen III magpul followers on it (which is not hard at all, especially if you got a grinding tool). Haven't shot with it yet but it feeds 10 rounds with ease and chambering feels solid also.

aplinker
03-11-2008, 9:57 PM
The ProMags I have work fine without swapping the follower.

I have 3 with green USGI and one with Magpul... none of them FTF

I just got some 10/20 Promags from Midway recently (on sale for $15 now). I did a little adjustments and installed some gen III magpul followers on it (which is not hard at all, especially if you got a grinding tool). Haven't shot with it yet but it feeds 10 rounds with ease and chambering feels solid also.