PDA

View Full Version : Vid of me letting off 10 rounds through my AR!

low94noma
03-10-2008, 12:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew8W4o8TTZc

Nothing special just me having some fun in the country.

24" varmint upper
3x9x40 scope
Essential Arms Lower Receiver
DPMS LPK
A2 Stock
C Products 10 round mag
Prince 50 mag-lock

low94noma
03-10-2008, 12:28 AM
Ill post some more videos later on on some long range shooting. I just have to find a decent camera for that.

JayRuff
03-10-2008, 12:35 AM
nice shooting

low94noma
03-10-2008, 12:41 AM
Thanks. The upper is a little front heavy, but what can you expect from a 24" upper. Ill hopefully be building a tactical AR soon to do some tactical shoots, but Ill need a job first:(.

JayRuff
03-10-2008, 12:43 AM
hey is that BLM land your shooting on?

low94noma
03-10-2008, 1:02 AM
Nope, just some country land. I'm not too sure the owner of the property because it is so large and right off the road but I always clean up my brass, mine and other peoples garbage and targets. Haven't had a problem yet and been shooting out there about once a month when I'm not shooting at the range. I'm afraid of getting my AR confiscated by a LEO who is instructed on the legality.

WallySparx
03-10-2008, 7:45 AM
not a dig on you or anything, but it isn't blm land, and you don't know who the owner is? isn't that called trespassing?

Army
03-10-2008, 8:07 AM
Future handling tips:
Lock the charging handle forward before pushing the bolt release. Saves much wear and tear on the handle latch, and notch in the upper. Also better ensures rounds will be fed and seated correctly.

shark92651
03-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Just some advice, if you do not have permission from the owner then you would probably want to get permission if possible since you have an OLL that a LEO may not understand is legal. I think extra care should be given when shooting an OLL, especially in a situation where the land owner may call the cops out to investigate. I think anything you can do to minimize potential LEO face time when in posession of an OLL would be prudent.

natedogg1777
03-10-2008, 10:22 AM
not a dig on you or anything, but it isn't blm land, and you don't know who the owner is? isn't that called trespassing?

+1

As someone who has land out in the sticks, I can tell you that finding someone on your property feels about the same as finding an someone inside your house! We have a big flat area right off the main road where truckers often park to transfer their trailers, and it bugs the crap out of me that people actually think it's ok to use someone else's property without permission!

xr7boost
03-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Just some advice, if you do not have permission from the owner then you would probably want to get permission if possible since you have an OLL that a LEO may not understand is legal. I think extra care should be given when shooting an OLL, especially in a situation where the land owner may call the cops out to investigate. I think anything you can do to minimize potential LEO face time when in posession of an OLL would be prudent.

I definitely agree with this. There is a LOT of room for misunderstanding when a land owner sees a guy on his property rapid firing a black rifle. And I promise, that if an officer comes out, he will do everything he can to protect the land owner and prevent another call.

low94noma
03-10-2008, 10:44 AM
In a way yea, but this piece of land has been sort of a place where everyone would stop to shoot sometimes. When I usually go out there, someone has some old targets set up that I end up shooting at then throwing away. I probably have been going out there about once a month for a year and no trespassing signs yet. Ive tried to find the owners property but there is so much land everywhere, I may have even met the owner at the range once and not have even known it. Maybe he drives by and sees its me shooting, lol.

low94noma
03-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Future handling tips:
Lock the charging handle forward before pushing the bolt release. Saves much wear and tear on the handle latch, and notch in the upper. Also better ensures rounds will be fed and seated correctly.
Tip taken, makes sense;).

USN CHIEF
03-10-2008, 11:08 AM
In a way yea, but this piece of land has been sort of a place where everyone would stop to shoot sometimes. When I usually go out there, someone has some old targets set up that I end up shooting at then throwing away. I probably have been going out there about once a month for a year and no trespassing signs yet. Ive tried to find the owners property but there is so much land everywhere, I may have even met the owner at the range once and not have even known it. Maybe he drives by and sees its me shooting, lol.

Your best bet is to not go there with your OLL or other guns until you find out if it is legal to shoot there. All it takes is one person to complain about it and you will have alot of headaches to deal with.. Unfortunately nowadays, the majority of the population thinks that people with guns are bad people:eek: Just play it safe and find the info with the local LE or the city... :)

blisster
03-10-2008, 11:13 AM
ummm, congrats on the AR and all, but that vid was pretty boring. Kinda like Uncle Rico's video.

got any clips of playing counter-strike?

USN CHIEF
03-10-2008, 11:16 AM
ummm, congrats on the AR and all, but that vid was pretty boring. Kinda like Uncle Rico's video.

Unlce Rico from Napoleon Dynamite?

blisster
03-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Unlce Rico from Napoleon Dynamite?

;) :)

low94noma
03-10-2008, 1:22 PM

I told you it was boring in the title;). Unfortunately, without a detach hi-cap mag, I cant have fun shooting = no fun video clips, lol.

low94noma
03-10-2008, 1:25 PM
Your best bet is to not go there with your OLL or other guns until you find out if it is legal to shoot there. All it takes is one person to complain about it and you will have alot of headaches to deal with.. Unfortunately nowadays, the majority of the population thinks that people with guns are bad people:eek: Just play it safe and find the info with the local LE or the city... :)
True. Unfortunately, there are many stereotypes for us gun owners because criminals want to give every gun owner a bad rep. Ill try and track down the owner next time I'm out there. I'm in the process of putting together an OLL packet for the chief or police:eek:. Hope it goes okay!

blisster
03-10-2008, 1:41 PM
I told you it was boring in the title;). Unfortunately, without a detach hi-cap mag, I cant have fun shooting = no fun video clips, lol.

heh, I'm just messin' with ya. :D

low94noma
03-10-2008, 1:50 PM
heh, I'm just messin' with ya. :D
Lets just hope the laws change soon.:D