PDA

View Full Version : How to fix a broken 10/30 magazine?

kentomatic
03-09-2008, 7:36 PM
I have a C Products 10/30 magazine that has tabs pushed in on the sides to prevent the follower from going lower than 10 rounds. Anyway, the follower broke, and now I can't put a new follower in because of the tabs. The metal on the sides are pretty strong so i can't just pry it with a screw driver.

Any suggestions on how to temporarily push out the tabs so that i can put a new follower in? :confused:

DedEye
03-09-2008, 7:38 PM
Send it to C-Products for repair and avoid committing a felony.

kentomatic
03-09-2008, 8:10 PM
would it actually be considered a felony if the tabs were pushed out while i put in the follower, even if the spring and floorplate weren't attached?

SC_Chewy
03-09-2008, 8:26 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm.........only 2 posts and you have a 10/30 mag? interesting ........

Santa Cruz Armory
03-09-2008, 8:49 PM

Why is it interesting? maybe he's a lurker... maybe he read up before he became a member... maybe he's IGGY! :eek:

That would be like me saying to you " Hmmmmmmmm........ only 66 posts and you......."

Cut 'em some slack and help him out if you can. Let's not alienate the guys on "our" side. ;)

jacques
03-09-2008, 8:53 PM
Throw it away and buy 10 round mags. 10/30 mags serve no purpose except to look "cool" and attract a lot of unwanted attention.

leelaw
03-09-2008, 8:55 PM
Send the magazine to CProducts and do not touch those tabs yourself or you WILL be committing a felony.

kentomatic
03-09-2008, 9:26 PM

i have been lurking for a while, and just finished my first AR build... lots of great information here that helped me do it. i'll email c products and see how much it would cost to repair and if it's not worth it, just toss it i guess. thanks guys.

blisster
03-09-2008, 9:30 PM
Throw it away and buy 10 round mags. 10/30 mags serve no purpose except to look "cool" and attract a lot of unwanted attention.

actually I find the 10/20's to be better for bench shooting than straight 10's. Dunno about 10/30's, but yeah, they do look cool :rolleyes:

aplinker
03-09-2008, 10:00 PM
actually I find the 10/20's to be better for bench shooting than straight 10's. Dunno about 10/30's, but yeah, they do look cool :rolleyes:

10's with Magpul rangers are my go-to mags. Gives some leverage and makes them compact for fitting in the range bag/pouches.

aplinker
03-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Send the magazine to CProducts and do not touch those tabs yourself or you WILL be committing a felony.

I disagree.

If the floorplate is removed prior to pushing in those notches, then it's not a magazine. As long as he doesn't assemble the parts into a 30rd magazine (or even an 11 round mag), he hasn't committed a felony.

SC_Chewy
03-10-2008, 6:36 AM
Why is it interesting? maybe he's a lurker... maybe he read up before he became a member... maybe he's IGGY! :eek:

That would be like me saying to you " Hmmmmmmmm........ only 66 posts and you......."

Cut 'em some slack and help him out if you can. Let's not alienate the guys on "our" side. ;)

I see what your saying. But when you have been "lurking" and the first post is asking how to commit a felony on a site monitored by DOJ on a subject (10/30 mags) that is heavily scrutinized, I do find it "interesting". If you are not leary of random people on the web I have a Nigerian Prince that could really use your help.....:rolleyes:

kentomatic
03-10-2008, 6:57 AM
don't worry I'm not doj or affiliated with any gov't org. I didn't realize that manipulating those tabs while the magazine was in pieces would be a problem, and I appreciate the clarification.

aplinker
03-10-2008, 10:01 AM
don't worry I'm not doj or affiliated with any gov't org. I didn't realize that manipulating those tabs while the magazine was in pieces would be a problem, and I appreciate the clarification.

It isn't.

The others here had a snap judgment without thinking it through.

In pieces that is NOT a magazine (as soon as you pop off the floor plate).

The problem is that bending the tabs could end in them breaking off, which would require sending it back to C-Products anyways.

IMHO it's not worth the effort. Send it back. In the meantime pick up a couple 10rd mags and Magpul ranger floorplates.