PDA

View Full Version : What we can learn about the Second Amendment from the Ukraine?

North86
03-14-2014, 7:26 AM
What we can learn about the Second Amendment from the Ukraine? The obvious lesson is that the people need to be armed. That prevents all types of government malfeasance. As we all know, governments, under the color of authority, have killed more people in the 20th century than anyone else.

But more telling is the larger disarmament. In 1994, Ukraine, the United States of America, Russia, and the United Kingdom signed the 1994 Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances. (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapons_and_Ukraine) where basically Ukraine gave up their defenses based on assurances that they will be kept safe.

Clearly, that's not what's happening. The analogy here is that your self defense is your responsibility. That governments can not, and even when they agree, will not protect you.

Aside: It's like WWI all over again. So stupid.

tamalpias
03-14-2014, 7:49 AM
This is nothing new to us. I just hope we have the Media pull to get this across to the anti's to see and understand.

Jimi Jah
03-14-2014, 8:02 AM
Nothing.

I've been to Ukraine. It's full of weak people, cowards in comparison to Americans. They are too afraid to fight so they will roll-over. They are not Americans or even Afghans, they are so conditioned to oppression, they pine for it there.

Wang Lung
03-14-2014, 9:03 AM
Nothing.

I've been to Ukraine. It's full of weak people, cowards in comparison to Americans. They are too afraid to fight so they will roll-over. They are not Americans or even Afghans, they are so conditioned to oppression, they pine for it there.

LOL! Reminds me what I thought of Kalifornians when I moved here.

christ on a crutch
03-14-2014, 12:23 PM
Nothing.

if this is true, why isn't yanukovych still in power?

voiceofreason
03-14-2014, 1:09 PM
to go from #3 in number of nukes in the world to having NONE...

The country next to you can simply roll their vehicles and land their planes and have their soldiers take over a huge chunk of your country without firing a shot or any bloodshed.

So the Ukrainian military had NOBODY on the borders?

They couldn't mobilize forces when armed men started appearing?

No, they knew a bigger dog was coming and that their dinner was going to the big dog.

Vin63
03-14-2014, 1:13 PM
What we can learn about the Second Amendment from the Ukraine?

History repeats itself.

Frito Bandido
03-14-2014, 6:48 PM
Biggest take-away is there is no way this would've happened if Ukraine had not unilaterally decided to give up it's nuclear arsenal after the collapse of the USSR.

Nuclear powers don't go to war (real war) with one another.

a1c
03-14-2014, 10:35 PM
Nothing we didn't already know.

guntrust
03-15-2014, 12:56 PM
Nothing.

BS- I've been to Ukraine four times visiting wife's family and they have more courage than we. Just look at the protesters. And there are airsoft ranges everywhere and I've seen kids playing in parks with realistic ones. But the soviets removed much of the militia ethic and Yanukovych weakened the military.

Now Senator Murphy opposes sending guns because he thinks without training they'd be wasted. Only last week did they even form a national guard.

Lack of #2A and Obama flexibility means Russians are coming soon to my wife's hometown (in the East) and my daughter will no longer spend summers with grandparents.