PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Court sanctions No Knock raids against gun owners

problemchild
03-13-2014, 9:25 PM
The Supreme Court has rejected an appeal and refused to hear the case of a man in Texas who was SWAT teamed by police in a ‘no-knock’ raid, under the justification that he was a registered gun owner.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/supreme-court-refuses-to-hear-case-on-no-knock-police-raids.html

http://d2v0gs5b86mjil.cloudfront.net/xc/184300931.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=BF73B9D673DE700BD46BCE4C1ABD118BAE69008F5F49CF8F 45FCA0347A7100FE&Expires=1394845200&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJZZHJ4LGWQENK3OQ&Signature=W02aN-K~GXLsfud6o8f8OqXBQoFBNZ2rTxssIRywCXv1cQp6YWwBhGv~ WGGrEQtc~4EEtj91hIJMlp6DlWLBw4Z5EbuEG3mg1g3cQayzB6 r~SYOyEXbgJeoxODOJ~A9xNvCTbyMjOHTCCF5jo9-axu2Shd3Rnros0gUq4p2sGDBUQstjSgt~CRMyVXaNp04M8n~XB EqUop7sGtds7yg~-fWpstiPrhOw6D54NU1Kp9MdBkcLW1~bIzEP~ilTnTXnBbhpMsQ GNNYKpmVC9yInXHU8ur92XKyoh8XM0SIw6iJNJ1g3Tw9yktFuG ViGexVkaOja1Wi1JlmscPOcWK91LA__

Dreaded Claymore
03-13-2014, 11:10 PM
Got anything that isn't from Alex Jones?

problemchild
03-13-2014, 11:30 PM
Got anything that isn't from Alex Jones?

What's wrong with AJ?

Maybe I should link to your people over at the Huffington Post?

Contact me after the swat team comes to your house for unpaid parking tickets. (http://reason.com/archives/2010/12/13/the-swat-team-would-like-to-se)

Is the story wrong? Can you prove its wrong? Do you have anything valid to say?

IF your were paying attention you would have noticed that VERY FEW news agencies post anything close to the news these days. All you get is the STATE SANCTIONED and WHITE HOUSE APPROVED talking points. We only have a few sources for the actual news that’s taking place. Alex Jones is ONE one of the people who have a spine and a pair of balls and tries to inform the masses of the injustices taking place. People like you come along and complain but do nothing to improve the situation.

How many more do you want?

https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/on_the_front_lines/us_supreme_court_rejects_appeal_in_second_amendmen t_case

http://www.dailypaul.com/314283/us-supreme-court-rejects-appeal-refuses-to-prohibit-police-from-using-lawful-gun-ownership-as-a-trigger-for-raids

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TMI6I6C5JD7G23SPE

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1908207

http://agovernmentofwolves.com/tag/u-s-supreme-court/

http://www.thedailyheap.com/category/civil-liberties

How many more do you want?

selfshrevident
03-14-2014, 12:20 AM
After reading a little bit of the petition and doing some googling, apparently Mr. Quinn was not the target of the raid, but rather his son, Brian Quinn, who was suspected of being involved in drug manufacturing/dealing. If I'm not mistaken I think some drugs were actually found on the premises.

Still a very crappy situation but it's not like the sole reason for the raid was to harass him just because he had a gun in the home. And I'm definitely not defending any unlawful actions of the police- I just wanted to provide some different perspective other than infowars/police state/black helicopters.

I don't know all the details and could be wrong in my opinion.

I do wish that the SCOTUS would throw us a damn bone already. Seems like all I hear about them is bad news now.

BobB35
03-14-2014, 5:06 AM
Most people are too ignorant to understand how much this behavior actually infringes upon their rights. But Oh well, Bread and Circus and EBT cards for all.

My question is.....What is the line? We are so far beyond anything that was being done that lead to the original revolution...I wonder what it will take for people to actually rise up.

The Ballot box is a joke. The courts are becoming/are a joke. Will people ever say enough is enough or is it to late? For CA I would say yes

For other states maybe not.

The next 20 years are going to be interesting. Their is a major change on the horizon, wonder what will come out the other side. (Fourth Turning)

Mitch
03-14-2014, 5:55 AM
What's wrong with AJ?

Maybe I should link to your people over at the Huffington Post?

Contact me after the swat team comes to your house for unpaid parking tickets. (http://reason.com/archives/2010/12/13/the-swat-team-would-like-to-se)

Is the story wrong? Can you prove its wrong? Do you have anything valid to say?

IF your were paying attention you would have noticed that VERY FEW news agencies post anything close to the news these days. All you get is the STATE SANCTIONED and WHITE HOUSE APPROVED talking points. We only have a few sources for the actual news that’s taking place. Alex Jones is ONE one of the people who have a spine and a pair of balls and tries to inform the masses of the injustices taking place. People like you come along and complain but do nothing to improve the situation.

Lighten up, Francis.

speedrrracer
03-14-2014, 6:39 AM
Title is incorrect -- SCOTUS did not sanction them, it refused to take the case.

Not the same thing by a mile.

As we have found in the 2A world, SCOTUS can be VERY picky, and sometimes that's a good thing. If they took the "wrong" case, it could influence the outcome, and that might be bad for our civil rights. I don't know the specifics of this case, but if it's true that there was some drug manufacturer living in the house, then we are lucky SCOTUS didn't take this case, as it muddies the waters.

No-knocks are an evil thing, nobody is arguing that, but try not to be the National Enquirer. Hopefully there are civil rights organizations on the lookout for a "good" no-knock case that they can take all the way to SCOTUS, and get these things shut down forever.

keenkeen
03-14-2014, 6:46 AM
Title is incorrect -- SCOTUS did not sanction them, it refused to take the case.

Not the same thing by a mile.

As we have found in the 2A world, SCOTUS can be VERY picky, and sometimes that's a good thing. If they took the "wrong" case, it could influence the outcome, and that might be bad for our civil rights. I don't know the specifics of this case, but if it's true that there was some drug manufacturer living in the house, then we are lucky SCOTUS didn't take this case, as it muddies the waters.

No-knocks are an evil thing, nobody is arguing that, but try not to be the National Enquirer. Hopefully there are civil rights organizations on the lookout for a "good" no-knock case that they can take all the way to SCOTUS, and get these things shut down forever.

Stop trying to confuse the issue and blunt the hysteria using facts and logic.

;)

Frito Bandido
03-14-2014, 7:10 AM
What's wrong with AJ?

'nuff said :eek:

sl0re10
03-14-2014, 7:23 AM
Still a very crappy situation but it's not like the sole reason for the raid was to harass him just because he had a gun in the home. And I'm definitely not defending any unlawful actions of the police- I just wanted to provide some different perspective other than infowars/police state/black helicopters.

Unless the OP changed his initial post I can't see how you think that was the point of it.

He was claiming the police used the fact that someone in the house owned a gun was good enough to justify a swat raid vs a normal police raid (revolvers holstered; knock on door, tell occupant you have a warrant and let you in... draw revolvers if they don't and then consider swat...

No knock swat raids get people killed... they don't have time to think 'its the police' and they run or go for a weapon in self defense.

jcwillis
03-14-2014, 10:25 AM
Government sanctioned home invasion.

Disgraceful.

Nick Justice
03-14-2014, 12:03 PM
Slippery slope.

Each generation loses a little bit, until finally one generation has nothing, and little to no chance to change it.

I think I read something like that in someone's sig line here.

MrTokarev
03-14-2014, 1:33 PM
The Supreme Court has rejected an appeal and refused to hear the case of a man in Texas who was SWAT teamed by police in a ‘no-knock’ raid, under the justification that he was a registered gun owner.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/supreme-court-refuses-to-hear-case-on-no-knock-police-raids.html

http://d2v0gs5b86mjil.cloudfront.net/xc/184300931.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=BF73B9D673DE700BD46BCE4C1ABD118BAE69008F5F49CF8F 45FCA0347A7100FE&Expires=1394845200&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJZZHJ4LGWQENK3OQ&Signature=W02aN-K~GXLsfud6o8f8OqXBQoFBNZ2rTxssIRywCXv1cQp6YWwBhGv~ WGGrEQtc~4EEtj91hIJMlp6DlWLBw4Z5EbuEG3mg1g3cQayzB6 r~SYOyEXbgJeoxODOJ~A9xNvCTbyMjOHTCCF5jo9-axu2Shd3Rnros0gUq4p2sGDBUQstjSgt~CRMyVXaNp04M8n~XB EqUop7sGtds7yg~-fWpstiPrhOw6D54NU1Kp9MdBkcLW1~bIzEP~ilTnTXnBbhpMsQ GNNYKpmVC9yInXHU8ur92XKyoh8XM0SIw6iJNJ1g3Tw9yktFuG ViGexVkaOja1Wi1JlmscPOcWK91LA__

Isn't that the door to Fighter Pilot's basement? It could just be a rescue mission.

pastureofmuppets
03-14-2014, 1:42 PM
" rejected an appeal " being described as sanctioning something is why we can't have nice things.

problemchild
03-14-2014, 4:00 PM
March 12, 2014 WASHINGTON, DC — The U.S. Supreme Court has refused to hear the case of a Texas man whose home was subject to a no-knock, SWAT-team style forceful entry and raid based solely on the suspicion that there were legally-owned firearms in his household.

In August 2006, Collin County (Texas) police obtained a warrant to search John Quinn’s home based on information that Quinn’s son might be in possession of controlled substances. The warrant did not authorize police to enter the residence without knocking and announcing their entry. Nevertheless, based solely on the suspicion that there were firearms in the Quinn household, the SWAT team forcibly broke into Quinn’s home after he had gone to bed and proceeded to carry out a search of the premises. During the raid, Quinn was shot by police, who panicked and opened fire on him through a solid wood door. Quinn had been reaching for his lawfully owned firearm, thinking that his home was being invaded by criminals

Swat teams are all a bunch of MF'ing COWARDS! 12 to 1 odds, heavily out gunned unarmed citizens, machine-guns, armor piercing ammo, no knock, flash bangs, kill anything that’s not bolted down cowards. Every 8 minutes a cop murders another American.

After reading a little bit of the petition and doing some googling, apparently Mr. Quinn was not the target of the raid, but rather his son, Brian Quinn, who was suspected of being involved in drug manufacturing/dealing. If I'm not mistaken I think some drugs were actually found on the premises.

I don't know all the details and could be wrong in my opinion.

I do wish that the SCOTUS would throw us a damn bone already. Seems like all I hear about them is bad news now.

selfshrevident
03-14-2014, 6:26 PM
March 12, 2014 WASHINGTON, DC — The U.S. Supreme Court has refused to hear the case of a Texas man whose home was subject to a no-knock, SWAT-team style forceful entry and raid based solely on the suspicion that there were legally-owned firearms in his household.

In August 2006, Collin County (Texas) police obtained a warrant to search John Quinn’s home based on information that Quinn’s son might be in possession of controlled substances. The warrant did not authorize police to enter the residence without knocking and announcing their entry. Nevertheless, based solely on the suspicion that there were firearms in the Quinn household, the SWAT team forcibly broke into Quinn’s home after he had gone to bed and proceeded to carry out a search of the premises. During the raid, Quinn was shot by police, who panicked and opened fire on him through a solid wood door. Quinn had been reaching for his lawfully owned firearm, thinking that his home was being invaded by criminals

Swat teams are all a bunch of MF'ing COWARDS! 12 to 1 odds, heavily out gunned unarmed citizens, machine-guns, armor piercing ammo, no knock, flash bangs, kill anything that’s not bolted down cowards. Every 8 minutes a cop murders another American.

What news source is that from?

IVC
03-14-2014, 7:21 PM
Lighten up, Francis.

+1. It's not entirely accurate how it's being described...

zWade
03-14-2014, 7:26 PM
Ok, so whats the real difference between a "no-knock" raid and a regular ole raid where they knock for a 1/2 second with a battering ram and then surge in?

mcbane
03-14-2014, 7:36 PM
If the only knock is that of a battering ram, you manage gun down the first few federal brown shirts, and then somehow survive, what is your legal status? Are you allowed to defend your house agains unknown breaking artists?

zWade
03-14-2014, 9:23 PM
If the only knock is that of a battering ram, you manage gun down the first few federal brown shirts, and then somehow survive, what is your legal status? Are you allowed to defend your house agains unknown breaking artists?

Ever hear of waco?

arsilva32
03-14-2014, 9:47 PM
if they shot him through the door how did they know he was reaching for his piece? this is ****en BS, this guy did nothing wrong and gets a bullet for owning a gun,WTF? how cowardly and irresponsible , what if there was a child on the other side of the door. this is like the dumbass cops that shot the innocents during the Christopher Dorner hunt.