PDA

View Full Version : Knife Show 3/14-16/14

Blademan21
03-13-2014, 8:42 PM
Just a reminder

MrB63
03-13-2014, 10:03 PM
I'll be there on Saturday. Looking forward to checking out some awesome blades.

ATS134
03-14-2014, 5:36 PM
I will be there Saturday .

Woody13
03-14-2014, 10:49 PM
I went tonight and was not as big as I thought it would be. There were a lot of custom knifes as well as material. Over all nice to go and see.

Excitable Boy
03-14-2014, 11:39 PM
I will be there Saturday .

I will be there Saturday wearing a USN shirt.

I went tonight and was not as big as I thought it would be. There were a lot of custom knifes as well as material. Over all nice to go and see.

I expect it will be smaller than last year again. I will be surprised if this show lasts another year or two. It's a nice local show, but doesn't seem to be drawing a big crowd for the last couple years.

dc2allday
03-14-2014, 11:46 PM
Any news of one in norcal? I could use a new microtech

laabstract
03-15-2014, 8:18 AM
Oh living in Pasadena has its perks!

Woody13
03-15-2014, 6:46 PM
Excitable I took my service dog and in two hours there I did not get to see everything I talked to half the people there at least. They kept coming up to me asking about her and well it was a good thing on one aspect but hard on another. Not to mention she saw everything as high dollar chew toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATS134
03-16-2014, 8:56 AM
I wasn't able to make it out there yesterday, about to head down there in a little bit!

Blademan21
03-16-2014, 9:04 AM
I wasn't able to make it out there yesterday, about to head down there in a little bit!

If you get a chance,stop by K&G's table and say hi to Ken and or Sharon Mcfall. Sharon is from Redlands and transplanted to Az. many years ago. Barry Dawson's family should be there as well. Have fun.:D

ATS134
03-16-2014, 9:58 AM
Will do! Was planning on going by k&g for some supplies.

laabstract
03-16-2014, 5:09 PM
I will be uploading some videos of some vendors I talked to at Pasadena Knife Expo. Here is the first one of 3 knife makers I talked to.

Marcus Clinco of Clinco Knives a local knife maker from Venice CA

?v=2KqsF4ievWo&feature=share&list=UUuqDIDjxlnTxWcB2vzKDIiQ

Excitable Boy
03-16-2014, 5:30 PM
Excitable I took my service dog and in two hours there I did not get to see everything I talked to half the people there at least. They kept coming up to me asking about her and well it was a good thing on one aspect but hard on another. Not to mention she saw everything as high dollar chew toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I were there from about 11:00M until closing on Saturday. We had a really nice time and saw a bunch of friends, although no Cal Gunners :(

We ended up with a nice group lunch at the Yardhouse across the street. We also scored a significant knife from the late Stanley Fujisaka to add to the collection. I bought it and surprised my wife who is the real Fujisaka collector in our little family. It's a sweet gentleman's knife with scrimshaw by Linda Karst Stone. It's a sweet knife that's worth a modest AR! I will try and post pics later.

laabstract
03-16-2014, 10:22 PM
Ok here is an other Knife maker from Pasadena Knife Expo

Ardent Knives really caught my attention with the hybrid stainless and carbon steel they are using. It claims to have the edge retention of high carbon steel but maintain the corrosion resistance of stainless.

b1B_-usuIIg

Excitable Boy
03-22-2014, 9:38 AM
Nice videos. I missed the Ardent Knives table. I tend to only focus on folders as I don't have much use for fixed blades and already have a couple of nice ones, but that looks like a useful knife.

laabstract
03-23-2014, 8:42 PM
Nice videos. I missed the Ardent Knives table. I tend to only focus on folders as I don't have much use for fixed blades and already have a couple of nice ones, but that looks like a useful knife.

Yea I was very impressed by the over feel of the knife and even more impressed by the steel the knife uses!