PDA

View Full Version : Yup SC bailed on made in Montana

ja308
03-05-2014, 7:30 AM
http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/supremes-shoot-down-states-fight-for-gun-rights/

If I'm not mistaken Fiddletown and Bill W predicted this !

Even though the unfavorable outcome was correctly predicted, it's still a good idea for state reps to challenge fed power .

I don't know how the SC determines what they hear ? But the fact remains there are why too many shooters who don't put out any effort toward advancing 2A issues :)

Ninask
03-05-2014, 7:35 AM
I love Montana!

Hugga Nugga
03-05-2014, 9:00 PM
"WND has reported on the case since it began, including months ago when attorneys general from a dozen states argued that the 10th Amendment essentially has been overturned by decades of incorrect court rulings, and the Supreme Court needed to repair the damage"

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/supremes-shoot-down-states-fight-for-gun-rights/#tlguCpBghiT8vBeD.99

More cases like this need to be birthed to create the attention needed to fight to repair the 10th amendment.

Scotty
03-06-2014, 8:56 AM
Isn't legalizing marijuana the same thing?

ja308
03-07-2014, 7:47 PM
I'm not sure on that one . If we claim a 10th amendment issue , it would seem to nullify nearly every fed law not outlined in the constitution. No central govt would voluntarily give up so much power .

I'm guessing the SC ducked this issue for that reason .
I do approve of states trying to regain some lost authority, however futile at this time.

solanoslough
03-08-2014, 8:57 AM
the fact remains there are why too many shooters who don't put out any effort toward advancing 2A issues

1. Cost. It costs money to file a lawsuit, more for the inevitable appeal.
2. The Right People. Unless you are a "right person" you will be shunned. Look at Peruta he was not a "right person" until the NRA took his case and the recent victory.
3. Reputation. Few want the scrutiny that comes with the filing of a federal lawsuit. Employers may not look favorably toward the filer of a gun rights lawsuit. Depositions and interrogatories invade the privacy of the filer.
4. Time. Lawsuits generally take years to resolve. Change of address or circumstances beyond the control of the filer may moot a lawsuit filed years earlier.

Most would rather donate $20 to the NRA and call it a day, hoping that their $20 makes a difference. Their donation allows them to remain anonymous while proclaiming they support the 2A.

The fact is that gun owners are divided when it comes to what the meaning of the 2A. Some are of the belief that unlicensed open carry is the right. Others believe that a license and background check is necessary to exercise the right. Some would place restrictions on the type of firearm allowed to be carried and restrict magazine capacity.