PDA

View Full Version : Membership Costs and Benefits

peetiewonder
03-04-2014, 8:35 PM
I'm thinking about joining Oak Tree, wanted to price out the cost of memberhip and find out everything that comes with.

For example do members get free/discounted firearm private party transfers.
I know about the free gun rental, and pistol and rifle range usage.

Thanks.

shotlady
03-09-2014, 8:17 PM
its 250 per yr. you get 10% discount on accessories like hats, mugs sweaters etc... they have ppt too!
I will say the rifle range boys are very nice. I like them. I like being outside. I like working the papers.

shovelon
03-10-2014, 8:31 AM
its 250 per yr. you get 10% discount on accessories like hats, mugs sweaters etc... but not off transfers and no discounts for loyal gun customers- not even for those who buy several side arms a month. :( used to they'd give you 10-15 bux off a piece just to say thanks- we appreciate and see you-
I will say the rifle range boys are very nice. I like them. I like being outside. I like working the papers. I used to be a diehard fan. but am left confused in the last yr all the changes there and have walked out on the last three pistol sales when my boys and I went there to buy three one for each of us for christmas and they wouldn't shave ten off after I was assured they would due to my purchasing habits. spose its just what it is.

One of the changes you mention is that membership has gone up to $300 starting this year. :(

You get a discount in the restaurant as well, but it takes a lot of burgers to make a dent in the membership. :p

teg33
03-10-2014, 8:56 AM
It's too expensive considered so little benefit, imo

shotlady
03-10-2014, 8:17 PM
I enjoy their facilities and the kids they hire. its too bad. I realized its almost time for me to renew, and well im challenged by it after 3 yrs of being a member. its kinda pricing me right out of the market. I don't buy there any more and have gotten my last 3 off calguns. too bad. such a nice place. I feel nice there.

Terabyte
03-18-2014, 11:59 AM
If you wait for a holiday and get the "2 for one" deal it really makes the membership worth it. Especially if you like shooting with friends or family.

Smokestack
03-19-2014, 7:53 AM
My son and I were considering buying memberships,but , with fees going up as well as separate pricing for gun/rifle/pistols ranges, OTGC has priced me(and I'm sure many others) right out of the mix.
Although, they are a very nice facility, I do have other choices in the area. I love this sport but, it seems like OTGC wants to cater to the wealthy that surrounds their area and make it a true "country club" for the people who carry around $5k shotguns and throw money around.......

Bushwack44
03-26-2014, 8:20 PM
+1^^^

Oaktree is turning into a country club. Not sure if I'll renew at $300/year but if they have another 2 for 1 as they did last Thanksgiving, that would be difficult to pass up.

Diamondpigeon
05-22-2014, 7:10 AM
There will be 2 for 1 full club memberships for thd first 50 pairs of folks that arrive at the Memorial Day sale this weekend. After that all full club memberships will have a 100.00 discount applied to them. So if you are not one of the first 50 pairs your membership will only be 200.00 and not 300.00.

shotlady
05-22-2014, 9:56 PM
still a valueable membership to have. still a great facility, good food and outstanding staff. the renewal is worth it.

Tok36
05-25-2014, 10:30 AM
So i am clear on this, if you miss the Memorial day sale you will have to pay the full $300? even if you are renewing your membership?

shovelon
05-25-2014, 3:34 PM
So i am clear on this, if you miss the Memorial day sale you will have to pay the full $300? even if you are renewing your membership?

Yup.

You have until the end of the day today.