PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut Patriot Group Fights Back Against Confiscation Order: ‘We Are Armed… And

CPRAFAN
03-02-2014, 5:48 AM
http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/connecticut-patriot-group-fights-back-against-confiscation-order-we-are-armed-and-are-familiar-with-the-finer-points-of-marksmanship_02282014

The war on liberty is coming to a head in Connecticut, where tens of thousands of gun owners have refused to comply with their state government’s gun registration laws. Officials have literally ordered those who failed to meet the registration deadline to surrender their firearms or face arrest.

These unreasonable demands, which have yet to pass muster with the U.S. Supreme Court, have prompted Mike Vanderboegh of Connecticut’s Sipsey Street Irregulars to go on the offensive. Earlier this week Vanderboegh publicly posted the names, addresses, phone numbers and provided direct access to pictures of all CT legislators involved with passage of the gun confiscation bill, saying that since the government has a list it “seems obvious to me that it is thus only fair to list those anti-constitutional tyrants.”

CT State Senators voting Yes on “An Act Concerning Gun Violence Prevention and Children’s Safety, also known as Public Law 13-3 or Connecticut Senate Bill No. 1160,” 3 April 2013. List includes home addresses. Photos and home phone numbers of these tyrants are available here . . .

The importance of what’s happening in Connecticut and how its citizens are responding cannot be understated. What we have here is a government that has directly violated the Second Amendment of the United States of America by legislating forced gun registration with the penalty of confiscation of said firearms and felony imprisonment for those who refuse to comply . . . ."

It would be ironic if the gun confiscations began in Lexington and Concord . . . Where is General Gage when you need him?

POLICESTATE
03-02-2014, 5:54 AM
I said it not too long ago:

It is not wise to create criminals where none exist. Especially when those newly-minted criminals may or may not be heavily armed with guns you know nothing about.

All of this gun control and other controls the government seeks to put us under for the safety of the children they don't give two ****s about beyond what leverage they provide for votes makes me think that back in 1861 the struggle and war were over States' rights vs Federal rights.

Now I wonder if this is not going to be a struggle of Individual rights vs Government rights.

Our founding fathers knew that a day like that would come at some point in the future, it is inevitable. Maybe it's just around the corner, maybe the pendulum swings the other way for awhile and individual liberty enjoys a renaissance period.

Only time will tell.

choprzrul
03-02-2014, 6:08 AM
100:1

Keep that ratio in mind.

Estimated # of gun owners to law enforcement.

Not to mention, 99% of those gun owners are members of the unorganized militia whos duty it is to defend the Constitution.

Jason Adam Llamas
03-02-2014, 6:13 AM
This will be seminal in one way or another,not your humdrum everyday gunrights vs. control spiel.This just might be it.As stated,time will tell.

gobler
03-02-2014, 9:51 AM
Wow! I wish the Ca public had the balls to do this..

Sent from somewhere in time & space...

Neanderthal
03-02-2014, 11:19 AM

Come on down to Compton or Oakland and get all those illegal guns! It appears that LEO is not willing to disarm the criminals but more than game to kick the newly minted Felons doors down.

BoonieGhost
03-02-2014, 11:24 AM

I'd like to think we still do. BUT...youre gonna hate me when i say this... This state has become to diverse for its own good and people are too busy worrying about their own self indulged interests to care about anything else that may or not be more important than themselves...

United we stand, together we fall, WAS the old motto and over time they have been using that against us in the form of divide and conquer...

thmpr
03-02-2014, 11:29 AM
I believe CA do have the balls we just need to be more organized.

BoonieGhost
03-02-2014, 11:30 AM
as i stated in my post.

Jason Adam Llamas
03-02-2014, 12:28 PM
I think we could have those necessary balls,but might tip in favor of our essentially too soft and generally meaningless lives unless a lot of us do a lot more soul searching....if we can find that meaning again,hate to sound however it may sound,but something to live and die for,well, we are a sleeping giant and will be decisive in winning this war of sorts for our whole great Republic.

sl0re10
03-02-2014, 2:18 PM
I'd like to think we still do. BUT...youre gonna hate me when i say this... This state has become to diverse for its own good and people are too busy worrying about their own self indulged interests to care about anything else that may or not be more important than themselves...

United we stand, together we fall, WAS the old motto and over time they have been using that against us in the form of divide and conquer...

We have to hang together or we surely hang separately.

(Also cool that we can still make out 240+ year old slang.)

BCA142
03-02-2014, 3:18 PM
When the time comes in Calif., the People will stand together. Those that shun the 2nd Amendment will flock to those that embrace it for protection. A letter campaign to every name on the CT. list is in order. Proclaiming support for those that are made into felons at the stroke of a pen. A show of force for our brothers and sisters. We did not ask for this fight but they leave us no choice in our response. Liberty or death, don't tread on me!!!!!

BoonieGhost
03-02-2014, 3:48 PM
When the time comes in Calif., the People will stand together. Those that shun the 2nd Amendment will flock to those that embrace it for protection. A letter campaign to every name on the CT. list is in order. Proclaiming support for those that are made into felons at the stroke of a pen. A show of force for our brothers and sisters. We did not ask for this fight but they leave us no choice in our response. Liberty or death, don't tread on me!!!!!

Well said!

tankarian
03-02-2014, 3:51 PM

Keep that ratio in mind.

Not to mention, 99% of those gun owners are members of the unorganized militia whos duty it is to defend the Constitution.

Not to mention many gun owners are veterans who served in Iraq and Afghanistan.
I pity the cops sent to disarm them.

Germz
03-02-2014, 4:31 PM
Its not that serious yet, but if it ever gets to that point you really have to ask yourself "are you REALLY willing to die for your beliefs?"

I can definitely see a public (and armed) protest against this. and another "shot heard round the world" will be heard. But unlike 238 years ago...we have a media that will try to spin this against (us).

Pred@tor
03-02-2014, 6:20 PM

Not a high percentage of people registered their guns 12 years ago in CA.

BoonieGhost
03-02-2014, 6:40 PM

Specially if any of those Vets were or currently part of the SOCOM community!

Trevdev
03-02-2014, 6:48 PM
I'm 110% ready to take one in the face if that's what has to happen. My fear isn't for me, it's for my family and quite frankly that is my MAIN concern. Thus the question probably needs careful consideration: when the first doors get kicked in and the first firefights go down, regardless of where...do we just sit around and wait for our turn? I don't know, what I do know is I can't do that to my family.

Another poster here recently made an observant comment about the cops showing up at 3AM for your AK and your gonna give it right up cause the Mrs. and Jr. are asleep upstairs.....and that guy was spot on.

My heart goes out to the good people of CT. This ****ing sucks.

thmpr
03-02-2014, 7:03 PM
What would be the probability of other states intervining? And what impact would it make? Is this even possible?

arrix
03-02-2014, 7:38 PM
I'm 110% ready to take one in the face if that's what has to happen. My fear isn't for me, it's for my family and quite frankly that is my MAIN concern. Thus the question probably needs careful consideration: when the first doors get kicked in and the first firefights go down, regardless of where...do we just sit around and wait for our turn? I don't know, what I do know is I can't do that to my family.

Another poster here recently made an observant comment about the cops showing up at 3AM for your AK and your gonna give it right up cause the Mrs. and Jr. are asleep upstairs.....and that guy was spot on.

I guess you've never had a boating accident before?

whlgun
03-02-2014, 7:50 PM
What would be the probability of other states intervining? And what impact would it make? Is this even possible?

Do you mean citizens coming together from other states? I doubt we will see a number of people come to the aid of a cause that doesn't inconvenience them. Unfortunately that is the society we live in.

I definitely think that other states if needed would send cops/national guard to aid the government.

ssaction
03-02-2014, 7:56 PM
"

It would be ironic if the gun confiscations began in Lexington and Concord . . .

Connecticut would need to invade Massachusetts to do that.

gobler
03-02-2014, 8:38 PM
Perhaps what we need to do here is build a list of all the Legislators up in Sac. Names, addresses and phone numbers with photos of each. Have a "Red" boarder around those who chose to ignore the constitution and a green boarder around those who upheld it. So if a day comes where they "pass" a law to confiscate, we have the list of those who will need to be removed. :79:

BMartin1776
03-02-2014, 9:40 PM
Its not that serious yet, but if it ever gets to that point you really have to ask yourself "are you REALLY willing to die for your beliefs?"

I can definitely see a public (and armed) protest against this. and another "shot heard round the world" will be heard. But unlike 238 years ago...we have a media that will try to spin this against (us).

wrong question to ask.... right question is are you prepared to take a life for your liberty! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i88XsRQTtE8&feature=youtu.be&t=2m34s)

What many of you are talking about here is what is called the "bubba effect (https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=bubba+effect&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8)" where "one of your own" is in trouble but the reason is unknown/ or folks do not care as to the why.... it is something many in LE and the military fear b/c there may be a legit reason for a raid but b/c of the political atmosphere the truth won't matter and the next thing you know you have the beginnings of what could potentially result in the loss of a lot of life.

Its time for a show of force without weapons right now but no one is organizing it...the CT capital should be flooded with protestors bringing the city to a halt and quite frankly so should DC but for whatever reason people are sitting back waiting for something or someone.

Superman, Batman, Jack Bauer, George Washington Ronald Reagan, Ted Cruz, Rand Paul etc etc are not coming to our rescue. Iknow people are sitting around waiting for someone else to come around and do something but its not going to happen. Folks need to understand that person you're waiting for is staring back at you in the mirror. If folks are waiting for some really bad law to get passed on top of the ones we're already dealing with you do realize you waited too long.

Time to take action and show we outnumber them. True freedom fighters/ lovers in Egypt, Iran, Venezuela, Ukraine get it but for whatever reason Americans who are blessed with the right to protest and a directive within their founding document to remove tyrants remain asleep. DC should be brought to a standstill with people tired of all the abuses by this radical govt. Truckers and bikers made it happen without a permit for a few hours imagine if millions showed up in DC and at state capitals?!!

I have to remind myself as write things like this that America is too busy to take their country back. Work, school, kids, memorizing and knowing sports statistics better than Constitution, watching the big game and whats happening on the Kardashians etc etc are far more important than the future of this nation.

USMCM16A2
03-03-2014, 12:01 PM
//Publicly condoning murder is not cool - QBG//

Best sale
03-03-2014, 1:43 PM
Come on down to Compton or Oakland and get all those illegal guns! It appears that LEO is not willing to disarm the criminals but more than game to kick the newly minted Felons doors down.
The golden mentality of a Bully .......easy to pick on the weak.

whlgun
03-03-2014, 1:52 PM
A list for CA would be great!

USMCM16A2
03-03-2014, 1:54 PM
Hey QBG,

This is not murder. These are people who are being pushed into a situation that is melting down. Do you want to order coffee and donuts, roses and nice music when the cops arrive on your door step? What cha gonna do? A2

Best sale
03-03-2014, 2:00 PM
When the time comes in Calif., the People will stand together. Liberty or death, don't tread on me!!!!!

How I wish that would be the case my brother, but I think the time have come & passed in California.Hopefully the Peruta positive decision will stay and Hence the beginning of a New Calif, but as said by others only time will tell.

USMCM16A2
03-03-2014, 2:28 PM
So QBC,

So does someone coming to your to commit an illegal act constitute murder?. I have said many times that if LEO become complicit with illegal actions they dereve what they get. Was Dorner wrong ? HELL YES!!!.
Is killing of law enforcement wrong and reprehensible? Hell YES!!!. But anyone who brings violence under the cover of authority, like the NAZI folks did deserve no quarter. LEO have a tough ****ty job, and they have families, and want to be done with their work athe end of the day,like the rest of us.
But there is point where people need to stand up, and face evil. The people of CT have a decision to make. California registered a small fraction of AW in the state, but have not made threats to come door to door. A2

j-shot
03-03-2014, 2:32 PM

Don't answer the door...?

I guess you've never had a boating accident before?

What's the difference in having guns you were asked to register but didn't, versus having guns reported lost but weren't...?

CZ man in LA
03-03-2014, 3:32 PM

CA is just too big and far too divided among each other to be unified.

CT is about 5,500 square miles.
Fresno County alone is 5,963 square miles.

CT residents are within 1.5 hr drive to Hartford.
CA residents can be as much as 6-7 hours away from Sacramento.

CA itself doesn't get along with each other, where there's now a referendum to split CA into six states.

RobertMW
03-03-2014, 3:43 PM

Keep that ratio in mind.

Ok, but lets say that the monicker is correct and it's really 3% of those gun owners that are going to actually actively resist. This would not be a one sided fight, this would be Iraq in our backyard. Numerically greater but fragmented insurgency vs. a better organized and armed police force.

This would not be a curb-stop in favor of the gun owners, this would be a bloody insurgent war in our own backyard...

Don't forget we have BHO trying to get in a fight over Ukraine right now too. (insert slow clap here)

BMartin1776
03-03-2014, 3:48 PM
Ok, but lets say that the monicker is correct and it's really 3% of those gun owners that are going to actually actively resist. This would not be a one sided fight, this would be Iraq in our backyard. Numerically greater but fragmented insurgency vs. a better organized and armed police force.

This would not be a curb-stop in favor of the gun owners, this would be a bloody insurgent war in our own backyard...

Don't forget we have BHO trying to get in a fight over Ukraine right now too. (insert slow clap here)

So what! Whose side are you on?

First off 3%/ III% is all it took to get this nation its freedom in the first place 2nd one thing this nation has proven it cannot fight is a true guerrilla war! Don't get me wrong I love our military but facts are facts the military and LE have rules, those behind an ideology (insurgency) do not!

Neanderthal
03-03-2014, 3:57 PM
They may kick a dozen doors or so before word gets out and the citizens become more proactive.

Frito Bandido
03-03-2014, 5:22 PM
Choosing bloodshed over using the political process (this includes the courts) when there is still a chance of peaceful resolution is foolish and irresponsible regardless of how much it makes you feel like a hairy-chested, red-blooded, big-brass-balled Patriot.

The Founding Fathers created a political process of checks and balances, and with a few notable exceptions (like the topic of this thread), the pendulum is swinging in favor of gun rights across the overwhelming majority of the country. This is how all civil rights have been won... no instant gratification, just lots of frustration and legal wrangling, but most of all hearts and minds. Does anyone really think shooting up a bunch of cops is going to win you hearts and minds?

Sierra57
03-03-2014, 5:30 PM
Copy of letter Conn. gun owners will be receiving -

It will be very interesting to see how this shakes out. On one hand, I'd like to see these citizens left alone, and don't want to see bloodshed on either side ..... (although I admit, I'd like to see the officials responsible for this strung up). On the other hand, if everyone ( except for maybe a tiny fraction of 1% ) hands in their guns, or is arrested without incident, this will embolden the antis in states like CA, because everyone will see that gun owners are all talk and no action.

I'm sure the Feds are very interested in seeing how this shakes out. Who knows, maybe some in the federal government want to use Connecticut as a test bed for gun confiscation and are pushing state officials to do this.

RobertMW
03-03-2014, 6:26 PM

First off 3%/ III% is all it took to get this nation its freedom in the first place 2nd one thing this nation has proven it cannot fight is a true guerrilla war! Don't get me wrong I love our military but facts are facts the military and LE have rules, those behind an ideology (insurgency) do not!

I am on the same side as you, but I am not ready to jump into a guerilla war at the drop of a hat. At this point if we start shooting first we will have forever nullified gun owners. What would make a bigger impact would be a couple thousand willing upstanding citizens to march up to the state capitol with rifle in hands, ready to be arrested and rifles confiscated. We need to show the nation that it is not criminals who will be robbed of their second amendment rights. It will be everyday citizens with jobs and families and no criminal intent. The police will be forced to openly confiscate BY THE THOUSANDS in front of the media. Let them say that gun control Isn't about confiscation then.

If that doesn't show our resolve, and the truth, then it will progress. But we can't shoot first. We need to show who the tyrants really are.

navydad2010
03-03-2014, 7:44 PM
I am on the same side as you, but I am not ready to jump into a guerilla war at the drop of a hat. At this point if we start shooting first we will have forever nullified gun owners. What would make a bigger impact would be a couple thousand willing upstanding citizens to march up to the state capitol with rifle in hands, ready to be arrested and rifles confiscated. We need to show the nation that it is not criminals who will be robbed of their second amendment rights. It will be everyday citizens with jobs and families and no criminal intent. The police will be forced to openly TRY TO confiscate BY THE THOUSANDS in front of the media. Let them say that gun control Isn't about confiscation then.

If that doesn't show our resolve, and the truth, then it will progress. But we can't shoot first. We need to show who the tyrants really are.

FIFY :chris:

sl0re10
03-03-2014, 7:45 PM
Do you mean citizens coming together from other states? I doubt we will see a number of people come to the aid of a cause that doesn't inconvenience them. Unfortunately that is the society we live in.

I definitely think that other states if needed would send cops/national guard to aid the government.

dunno. Might be the opposite.

mag360
03-03-2014, 7:45 PM
Play stupid tyrannical games, win guerilla prizes!

a1c
03-03-2014, 8:35 PM
CA is just too big and far too divided among each other to be unified.

CT is about 5,500 square miles.
Fresno County alone is 5,963 square miles.

CT residents are within 1.5 hr drive to Hartford.
CA residents can be as much as 6-7 hours away from Sacramento.

CA itself doesn't get along with each other, where there's now a referendum to split CA into six states.

There is no such referendum. Just an initiative to collect signature to put it on the ballot, and it woudn't pass anyway. It's a stupid idea because it's based on a current snapshot of California. The state will keep evolving.

It's not like other states don't have such internal differences (northern vs. southern New Mexico, or northern vs. southern Florida, just to name a couple), and the size of California is not the issue - it's the political system. And frankly, the state GOP is a huge part of those problems, because they are grossly incompetent.

Those guys in CT are loud mouths right now, but if SHTF and shooting starts, it won't look good for them with the public opinion, state-wide and nationally. If the governor has to send in the National Guard, their ranks will thin out spectacularly. We'll be left with a tiny group of hardcore fighters who'll be annihilated in days, and PR-wise, it will be perceived by most gun owners as another Wacco, but overall the country's public opinion won't give a crap, and that will just make us look like a bunch of nutjobs.

BMartin1776
03-03-2014, 8:39 PM
I am on the same side as you, but I am not ready to jump into a guerilla war at the drop of a hat. At this point if we start shooting first we will have forever nullified gun owners. What would make a bigger impact would be a couple thousand willing upstanding citizens to march up to the state capitol with rifle in hands, ready to be arrested and rifles confiscated. We need to show the nation that it is not criminals who will be robbed of their second amendment rights. It will be everyday citizens with jobs and families and no criminal intent. The police will be forced to openly confiscate BY THE THOUSANDS in front of the media. Let them say that gun control Isn't about confiscation then.

Im not saying shoot first, I do not advocate it, never have and even warn against getting physical on my site countless times. BUT if they kick in doors to illegally confiscate weapons which is clear 2A violation I am not going to condemn ANYONE who fights back.

Cops KNOW this is wrong. Any cop who follows orders to disarm a law abiding citizen who has been turned into a felon with the stroke of a pen is VIOLATING THEIR OATH of service. People should be protesting the police right now not the state capitals. Call every single member of LE out on that oath they took and remind them "shall not be infringed" couldn't have been said any clearer. Screw going after the politicians go after LE get them on OUR side to defy an unConstitutional law!

Stewdabaker23
03-03-2014, 8:43 PM
A list for CA would be great!

Just like the Al Qaida Terrorist playing cards. :D

Stewdabaker23
03-03-2014, 8:51 PM

Time for a Revolution and Im down to fight...got nothing to lose:43:

QQQ
03-03-2014, 9:52 PM
There is no such referendum. Just an initiative to collect signature to put it on the ballot, and it woudn't pass anyway. It's a stupid idea because it's based on a current snapshot of California. The state will keep evolving.

It's not like other states don't have such internal differences (northern vs. southern New Mexico, or northern vs. southern Florida, just to name a couple), and the size of California is not the issue - it's the political system. And frankly, the state GOP is a huge part of those problems, because they are grossly incompetent.

Those guys in CT are loud mouths right now, but if SHTF and shooting starts, it won't look good for them with the public opinion, state-wide and nationally. If the governor has to send in the National Guard, their ranks will thin out spectacularly. We'll be left with a tiny group of hardcore fighters who'll be annihilated in days, and PR-wise, it will be perceived by most gun owners as another Wacco, but overall the country's public opinion won't give a crap, and that will just make us look like a bunch of nutjobs.

As horrible as the government atrocities at Waco and especially Ruby Ridge were, they were major wake-up calls for the American people and galvanized a lot of support for the Pro-2A movement. And not everyone at Ruby Ridge got killed.

kcbrown
03-03-2014, 10:46 PM

And what will you suggest be done if the media chooses not to cover the event in question?

RobertMW
03-04-2014, 6:25 AM
And what will you suggest be done if the media chooses not to cover the event in question?

Like I said, things will progress. But getting coverage would be on us. And I think that it would be pretty easy to get plenty of media there to watch. There has been minor media coverage just about the timeline of registration, this would be a much more important event. But it would literally have to be a parade of people, and they would have to be organized with a message, with many people with them ready to support and spread their message. Thousands of people clog the entrance of the capitol refusing to leave until arrested for being a felon, not just having their gun taken, or name put on a list for later confiscation. No physical obstruction yet, just clear and concise message that this is illegal confiscation under protest.

Best case scenario would be that they "arrest" everyone, take their rifles and then cut them loose because they could never book the traffic. That would be clearly ignoring a felon, and just taking their rifles.

jcwillis
03-04-2014, 6:54 AM

What seems to be outlined in your post is a mass SURRENDER?
The media would absolutely love it and it would embolden the anti-gun nuts.
A protest with signs, noise, etc., would be much more appropriate.
Weapons should only be brought if there is a need for self-defense.

Hoop
03-04-2014, 7:02 AM

This.

It's all Indians and no Chiefs here.

RobertMW
03-04-2014, 8:30 AM
What seems to be outlined in your post is a mass SURRENDER?
The media would absolutely love it and it would embolden the anti-gun nuts.
A protest with signs, noise, etc., would be much more appropriate.
Weapons should only be brought if there is a need for self-defense.

No, what I am trying to outline is mass civil disobedience that would force the state to do in the open what we keep saying they are trying to do in the shadows, confiscate guns from otherwise law abiding citizens.

I'm not talking about people going up and dropping their rifle in a box with a little note taped to it that says "sorry." What I imagine is every single person is there and ready with a prepared statement that they are surrendering UNDER PROTEST and are being subjected to illegal confiscation by the state government, and that by doing so their second amendment rights have been directly violated. Do not hand over anything, wear the rifle, put the illegal magazine in a pocket, make the cops take them from you, no physical resistance but make it known that they are taking it from you under protest.

Under current state law they are felons, and should be arrested as such, and when the cops aren't ready to do so, force them to arrest THOUSANDS of people, and when they CAN'T, they will simple start taking guns and forcing people away. That is not dealing with criminals, it is illegal confiscation.

The revolutionary war didn't happen overnight. Direct conflict was preceded by years of political contact, protest, civil disobedience. We have the technology to spread the word faster, but we still need to take steps one at a time, we cant jump the gun (pardon the pun) and begin civil war with only 1-2% of the nation openly supporting it, that is not a civil war, that is mass terrorism, that is an entire nation fighting against a fringe group that needs to be stamped out and their ideals squashed from society. Getting tens of millions of people behind that same movement, then you actually have something.

So yes, this may seem like short term surrender to some who are ready to jump all over the chance to use their shiny safe queen, but if you want to call it anything, it is surrender for the purpose of resisting.

j-shot
03-04-2014, 9:06 AM

The military is very capable but not while wearing a leash. The rules that bind them are that leash, which is something that can be removed at a moments notice (marshal law, no warning shot, etc...)

They may kick a dozen doors or so before word gets out and the citizens become more proactive.

A poor decision for sure involving those of us that theoretically have our main entrances rigged.

Just like the Al Qaida Terrorist playing cards. :D

This for the win! What a great idea! Only problem would be the "california deck" would have about 36 jokers in it :laugh:

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/wp-content/gallery/congress/feinstein-hitler.jpg

Neanderthal
03-04-2014, 9:26 AM
I have a feeling the citizens could envoke the PATRIOT ACT and declare the Law Makers terrorist enemies of the State and imprison them indefinately without a trial, or drop HELLFIRE from drones on them LEGALLY. Time to cal the Spades , Spades and do what they would do.

Ninety
03-04-2014, 9:30 AM

I disagree with you .
I hope the courts step in and rectify this thing before we find out.

Time for a Revolution and Im down to fight...got nothing to lose:43:

This.

It's all Indians and no Chiefs here.

I too will be heading east if things escalate. My children have everything to lose if we continue to allow this things to happen. To be honest I grow weary of this so called "process" . I think many are growing tired of the continued lies and deception both sides of our government feed them.

I would hope they don't try to go door to door. I would hope that the officers requested to perform such actions decline. I hope that this doesn't escalate into something we will all regret. The anti LE, Anti government sentiment is growing in this country IMO. I haven't, in my short lifetime heard so many talking about the corruption, eroding of rights and discontent with the current situation in this country.

Neanderthal
03-04-2014, 9:33 AM
I disagree with you .

I too will be heading east if things escalate. My children have everything to lose if we continue to allow this things to happen. To be honest I grow weary of this so called "process" . I think many are growing tired of the continued lies and deception both sides of our government feed them.

I would hope they don't try to go door to door. I would hope that the officers requested to perform such actions decline. I hope that this doesn't escalate into something we will all regret. The anti LE, Anti government sentiment is growing in this country IMO. I haven't, in my short lifetime heard so many talking about the corruption, eroding of rights and discontent with the current situation in this country.

Add me to your ride east. Nothing to lose and freedom for future generations to gain.

CZ man in LA
03-04-2014, 10:31 AM

This is why I wish Google Glass was available right now. It will allow one to wear on your head, a totally handsfree device with a live feeding camera that allows the wearer to live broadcast the video feed in real time over the internet instead of saving to the SD card first, where corrupt cops can say "gimme your SD card" before you get a chance to upload it to Youtube.

CLEOs: [knock knock] Gimme your guns
Google Glass wearer: "OK Glass, broadcast"
CLEOs: "Turn that off! Gimme the memory card! Erase it!"
Google Glass wearer: "There is no memory card. It's being broadcast live throughout the internet and it's being tweeted as we speak - welcome to the new generation of freedom of press"

This would be the thing that politicians fear the most - live, instantaneous video feed for every individual - where anyone can broadcast anything over the internet in real time, true freedom of press per individual.

Then again, government in bed with internet companies probably can shut down the internet all together as well.

jcwillis
03-04-2014, 11:01 AM
No, what I am trying to outline is mass civil disobedience that would force the state to do in the open what we keep saying they are trying to do in the shadows, confiscate guns from otherwise law abiding citizens.

...<snip>...

So yes, this may seem like short term surrender to some who are ready to jump all over the chance to use their shiny safe queen, but if you want to call it anything, it is surrender for the purpose of resisting.

There is something about surrender, in whatever shape or form, that just does not sit well with true Patriots raised in the USA under the 2A. Marching down the street with firearms shouldered just begs for a confrontation that will not end well. All's it would take is one person to do anything stupid, from either side, and it becomes a total disaster.

A peaceful jam-packed protest with huge signs showing, "2A is Our Right," or something like that, seems more appropriate. Cooperating in any form of surrender is not resistance. And, should their "law" be found illegal later, no one will get their firearms back because they will be chopping them up before nightfall.

If these power hungry tyrants want the firearms, force them make the effort to confiscate them door-to-door. Local Gov't backed home invasions leaves a big impression and is really not something these tyrants want. Not PC at all.

a1c
03-04-2014, 11:20 AM
I disagree with you .

That's the only way we can hope to see get solved.

Nothing good or constructive for us would come out of an armed conflict.

RobertMW
03-04-2014, 11:45 AM
There is something about surrender, in whatever shape or form, that just does not sit well with true Patriots raised in the USA under the 2A. Marching down the street with firearms shouldered just begs for a confrontation that will not end well. All's it would take is one person to do anything stupid, from either side, and it becomes a total disaster.

Fine, as ****ty as this sounds, give us our Boston Massacre, stream that live over the country. Look at Ukraine, their police forces took it to the next level, started sniping protesters. We just wouldn't have Russia ready to cross the border on us.

If these power hungry tyrants want the firearms, force them make the effort to confiscate them door-to-door. Local Gov't backed home invasions leaves a big impression and is really not something these tyrants want. Not PC at all.

Great, door-to-door piecemeal destruction of the people's rights. Nobody sees it. Nobody knows when to expect it so they can get it on tape. Nothing is in our control. What I called for is the only way we can have "confiscation" on our terms. Any other way and it is entirely in the hands of the police and government to dictate how the information is released to the media.

a1c
03-04-2014, 12:06 PM
As horrible as the government atrocities at Waco and especially Ruby Ridge were, they were major wake-up calls for the American people and galvanized a lot of support for the Pro-2A movement. And not everyone at Ruby Ridge got killed.

You're absolutely right, but Wacco just widened the gap between 2A supporters and the rest of the public opinion, which just saw a suspected rapist and child molester get his comeuppance.

Bottomline is - the fight we need to have is to keep showing how otherwise law-abiding citizens are turned into paperwork felons because of those stupid laws.

This will be fought in courts, and in the public opinion. When people see grandpas getting handcuffed because of a ranch rifle they neglected to register, that's when the tide starts to turn.

But if they just see guys in camo taunting authorities with ARs, then they just get scared, and will support whatever action is taken against them.

BMartin1776
03-04-2014, 12:40 PM
You're absolutely right, but Wacco just widened the gap between 2A supporters and the rest of the public opinion, which just saw a suspected rapist and child molester get his comeuppance.

Bottomline is - the fight we need to have is to keep showing how otherwise law-abiding citizens are turned into paperwork felons because of those stupid laws.

This will be fought in courts, and in the public opinion. When people see grandpas getting handcuffed because of a ranch rifle they neglected to register, that's when the tide starts to turn.

But if they just see guys in camo taunting authorities with ARs, then they just get scared, and will support whatever action is taken against them.
Laws need to be stopped when they are still bills. I do not understand this desire to fight it out in the courts? That in effect means "we" have allowed an unconstitutional law to become law and our rights are gone forcing us to go to court to get them back!

This is insanity to even suggest!

Folks have been arguing to doing it this way for far too long and look at how many wins they have to ours! Oh and you all know thanks to Harry Reid invoking the nuclear option Obama and whomever comes along after him, another progressive (even one with an R), is going to stack the courts with radical judges!

Yea so lets let the bills become law and then fight them in the courts dealing with radical liberal/ progressive judges! People here are scary as hell with your twisted logic because you cannot see the left is ahead of you knowing this is the tactic you use to overturn their policies!

Why don't we just toss the Constitution and then fight it out in court to have it re-instated is the logic the majority HERE suggest. Don't say it isn't because that is what youre all suggesting when you say we'll fight it in court. You people are certifiably INSANE and are as much a threat to our rights&freedom as those monsters in state and federal govt!

formerTexan
03-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Instead of lining up last minute to register, the CT folks should've done something like these CO residents on July 1st 2013:
http://www.examiner.com/article/activists-defy-new-colorado-magazine-ban-front-of-state-capitol
Then again, most CO county sheriffs are against the then-new state law as well, not sure if CT has any/many sheriffs who are pro-2A.

CAL.BAR
03-04-2014, 12:59 PM

Well, and don't forget, then the "enemy" was thousands of miles and months of travel away. Here, "they" can come to your house without warning on any given night to take you away without warning. Tough to fight that.

a1c
03-04-2014, 1:06 PM
Laws need to be stopped when they are still bills. I do not understand this desire to fight it out in the courts? That in effect means "we" have allowed an unconstitutional law to become law and our rights are gone forcing us to go to court to get them back!

This is insanity to even suggest!

Folks have been arguing to doing it this way for far too long and look at how many wins they have to ours! Oh and you all know thanks to Harry Reid invoking the nuclear option Obama and whomever comes along after him, another progressive (even one with an R), is going to stack the courts with radical judges!

Yea so lets let the bills become law and then fight them in the courts dealing with radical liberal/ progressive judges! People here are scary as hell with your twisted logic because you cannot see the left is ahead of you knowing this is the tactic you use to overturn their policies!

Why don't we just toss the Constitution and then fight it out in court to have it re-instated is the logic the majority HERE suggest. Don't say it isn't because that is what youre all suggesting when you say we'll fight it in court. You people are certifiably INSANE and are as much a threat to our rights&freedom as those monsters in state and federal govt!

I'm listening to your practical solutions to address this issue.

Ninask
03-04-2014, 1:09 PM
The question is how many people are willing to pay the price for resisting these unconstitutional gun laws,
if no one is willing to suffer the consequences then they will win,
it is ludicrous to think hundreds of thousands people will not go to prison, have their guns take, have their lives ruined, some killed, many injured-this is what is know as a revolt
N

j-shot
03-04-2014, 1:53 PM
The question is how many people are willing to pay the price for resisting these unconstitutional gun laws,
if no one is willing to suffer the consequences then they will win,
it is ludicrous to think hundreds of thousands people will not go to prison, have their guns take, have their lives ruined, some killed, many injured-this is what is know as a revolt
N

:laugh: What prison? Where? We can't even afford to confine the murderers and pedophiles!

https://www-304.ibm.com/connections/blogs/predictiveanalytics/resource/BLOGS_UPLOADED_IMAGES/revolving-door.png

BBR
03-04-2014, 2:45 PM
We went through this in the 90s. Unintended Consequences came out and we all thought we were getting close to the book becoming reality, but things changed. The ATF took a step back due to an increasingly bad reputation and things calmed down. Things will calm down, but violence isn't good for us, for the US, and its not good for our cause. We all have fantasized about being in a situation where we have to do the hard things, but I can honestly say I think we are moving away from the necessity of violence. The courts are moving to our favor and I honestly believe we will see something from the supreme court on 2a in the next few years. The anti's know we need to be boiled slowly and I think they are seeing that they just might have turned up the heat alittle too much. Or I could be wrong and we are headed for hell???
Bbr