PDA

View Full Version : My Ice Arms experience...

yonson
02-27-2014, 10:53 PM
I ordered a 6.75" pistol upper on 02/09 (Sunday), they showed to have them in stock and my e-mail said it would be shipping out ASAP, on 02/14 (Friday) I had still not received shipping information so I e-mail them asking for a tracking number, and if it hadn't been shipped to just cancel the order.

I got a reply back stating that they hadn't been able to get to the range to test fire the uppers because of the weather and that for the inconvenience they would be upgrading my barrel to their SS Black Nitride barrel and that they were going to the range Saturday and it would be shipping out Tuesday because Monday was a holiday. I figured this was good customer service and said OK.

On 02/20 (Thursday) I e-mailed them asking for a tracking number and I got a couple e-mails back, but still no tracking number. On 02/22 (Saturday) I e-mail them again, and I never got a reply, however on 02/24 (Monday) I got an automated reply stating that the Upper had finally shipped.

I received the upper today, and during inspection I noticed that the logo on the Suppressor was upside down I gave it a twist with my hand and amazingly it moved. I was going to disassemble the upper any way to have it and the handguard Cerakoted. During disassembly once I got the gas block removed I found that the barrel nut wasn't even hand tight! To say that I'm disappointed is an understatement, the product seems to be high quality, but the Quality Control leaves a lot to be desired.

Buyer Beware!

shannia
02-28-2014, 10:37 AM
I am glad that you got your order even though it took a little while, and I am surprised at your issues with quality control. The stuff that I have gotten from them has been stellar.

I think they are still a really small company and maybe trying to take on more than they can handle without adding a few more employees.

RECCE556
03-13-2014, 3:09 PM
That is a SERIOUS lack of final QC. Does your upper show any signs of actually being test fired? Small firm or not, something like this should never have left the door. If they're small, then should just be honest about their delivery times (or STOP taking orders until they catch up) so they can assembly their uppers correctly.

Some people really know how to run a business into the ground...it's almost a talent.

yonson
03-13-2014, 9:41 PM
It didn't look like it had been test fired, unless they fully cleaned it afterwards, which I HIGHLY doubt happened...