PDA

View Full Version : ALL SOLD OUT: 308 FAL Receiver - Type 1 DSA USA made 7.62x51mm

SFV_Dealer
03-05-2008, 7:23 AM
UPDATE: Both Type 1 & 2 sold.

Type 1 is available = new lower price!

DSA FN/FAL receivers in stock @ Metroshot !

Type 1 w/ Carry Handle Cut (0291CHC):
http://www.dsarms.com/images/0291CHC.gif

FREE DROS with the purchase of a new instock FN/FAL Type 1 receiver made by DSA! These are brand new receivers for the 308 caliber FN/FAL rifle builder.

These took 6 months to get from DSA !

$425 plus tax.

Rule .308
03-05-2008, 7:35 AM
So these are in the white, as in they have no finish on them?

SFV_Dealer
03-06-2008, 7:48 AM
They are in a native steel finish - dark gray but will be needed to coat them with a protective coating as they will rust over time... Also they need to be coated to match the furniture....

thedrickel
03-06-2008, 9:15 AM
They are parked . . . "manganese phosphate finish."

-hanko
03-06-2008, 9:27 AM
They are in a native steel finish - dark gray but will be needed to coat them with a protective coating as they will rust over time... Also they need to be coated to match the furniture....
Know your product...as thedrickel and both ads state "manganese phosphate finish"...otherwise known as 'parkerized'.

They need a light coating of oil or clp periodically, but they are neither 'in the white' or 'in a native steel finish'. You're seeing essentially the same finish you'll find on a Garand, Springfield, M1 carbine, or M14, to mention a few.

Not many folks coat the upper receiver to match the furniture;) DuraCoat hasn't caught on with FAL's quite yet.

-hanko

duenor
03-06-2008, 5:22 PM
any gun, no matter what finish, will eventually rust unless carefully maintained. parked guns will rust only if you don't store or maintain them properly. clean your gun after shooting, CLP it lightly, and store in a dry safe with dessicant or dehumidifier. better yet, put it in one of those silicone socks too.

I have a finn M39 with about 3% finish left on it. because i care for it well, it has never rusted and never will as long as I can help it.

SFV_Dealer
03-28-2008, 8:03 AM
UPDATE: Type 2 sold.

Type 1 is available = new lower price @ $425.