PDA

View Full Version : Urgent! Who is the contact person?

Kestryll
03-04-2008, 7:14 PM
So who is handling the official contact person or admin job of this group?

I have received an email that I need to discuss with at least one or two if not more of you regarding this forum's name and likely the website and club name as well.
It seems there is a perceived naming conflict between your club and this competition: http://socalprc.com/.

I need to talk to someone here and put you in contact with them to work this out. (coconut cream pies at 7 paces!) Okay, just a suggestion.

Anyway let me know who is handling Public Contact.

If naming becomes a concern in view of the North/South match I checked on California Precision Rifle Club and found nothing. The CPRC domains lists nothing other than a Canadian Police Research Center and a .us variant is available.

wildcard
03-04-2008, 7:59 PM
I'll volunteer for the task pending opposition or nomination for another.

While the acronym of our "Club" conflicts with the existing SOCALPRC, the actual names are different.

Because our proposed club name was more or less spontaneously generated, I would propose that we establish who exactly wants to be members and then vote on a club name before moving further forward.

As i've mentioned already, I can take lead for this task.

PistolPete75
03-04-2008, 8:28 PM
Since the club came from calguns, how about CalPRC?

wildcard
03-04-2008, 8:37 PM
Off the top of my head:

SoCal Long Range Precision Rifle Club

SoCal Tactical/ Practical Club

And as a subgroup of these clubs, "club" can be replaced with "team" to designate the subgroup competing in the N/S. Makes sense especially if it is to be a annual event.

rksimple
03-04-2008, 8:42 PM
Changing our name is OK. Lets get some ideas out there and vote on them. Good start Jason.

ar15barrels
03-04-2008, 8:44 PM
I have received an email that I need to discuss with at least one or two if not more of you regarding this forum's name and likely the website and club name as well.
It seems there is a perceived naming conflict between your club and this competition: http://socalprc.com/.

When I mentioned this before, everyone said SCPRC was a match and not a club and the Calguns group is a club and not a match...

www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=75822

Timberwolf
03-04-2008, 8:53 PM
I'm not anything official with the SCPRC through CalGuns but I'm pretty sure I know who has contacted you - the SCPRC in question stands for Southern California Precision RIfle Competition that is a yearly match held at WEGC - our name stands for Southern California Precision Rifle Club. I've shot in the SCPRC every year since it started and many of the match director's local matches there, in fact he's attended a couple of my matches at APS and I know him well. I don't see an issue in changing our name here as there's really nothing official. Anyway hit me a PM or email and I'll discuss with you.

Prc329
03-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Changing our name is fine and dandy. The SCPRC name was kinda spontaneous in the first place.

I am thinking SoCal Practical Tactical Rifle club sounds good. SoCal Precision shooters association? SoCal Practical shooting/ers Association?

ar15barrels
03-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Note that the last 3 posts in the thread I linked above is the very first inkling of the north/south skirmish. :)

wildcard
03-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Alright guys. Come up with a few names if want something other than what has already been mentioned. I'll put up a poll tomorrow at noon with all posted ideas.

rksimple
03-05-2008, 7:18 AM
Changing our name is fine and dandy. The SCPRC name was kinda spontaneous in the first place.

I am thinking SoCal Practical Tactical Rifle club sounds good. SoCal Precision shooters association? SoCal Practical shooting/ers Association?

These sound good. Or any combination thereof. Socal precision shooters (pretty simple), socal precision rifle association, socal precision rifle team, etc.

Kestryll
03-05-2008, 9:04 AM
Just to throw this in, since you're doing the North/South shoots and such do you want to limit it in name to So Cal?

Timberwolf
03-05-2008, 9:21 AM
Just to throw this in, since you're doing the North/South shoots and such do you want to limit it in name to So Cal?

Yes, the NorCal contingency have their own club independant of anything we do here.

wildcard
03-05-2008, 9:22 AM

That's what i'm thinking. Though the name could be more global with a "California Club" and allow for subgroups such as a "SoCal Team," I think a "SoCal" name would be more appropriate since all of us are essenitally in Socal. Not to exclude the rest of California, but the original intent was to have us SoCal people get to together to shoot and learn.

Timberwolf
03-05-2008, 9:32 AM
Guys IMHO we don't want to infringe on Vu's territory per se. He's already got NorCal Prec Tact Rifle Club. We started as an informal SoCal group and should remain a SoCal group.

wildcard
03-05-2008, 9:34 AM
Guys IMHO we don't want to infringe on Vu's territory per se. He's already got NorCal Prec Tact Rifle Club. We started as an informal SoCal group and should remain a SoCal group.

Yeah.. but what about the guys in NorCal who want to join the WINNING team? :43:

Prc329
03-05-2008, 9:36 AM
I like Ryan's idea. SoCal Precision Shooters is nice and simple. I also like SoCal Practical Shooters. I think Practical is probably a little more fitting since we normally aren't simply trying to get the smallest group but hit our target the first time.

Prc329
03-05-2008, 9:37 AM
Yeah.. but what about the guys in NorCal who want to join the WINNING team? :43:

They need to move :D

Timberwolf
03-05-2008, 9:37 AM

They'll never give up their country club no matter how bad they suck - that range has a CDI factor we'll never have

PistolPete75
03-05-2008, 9:40 AM
They'll never give up their country club no matter how bad they suck - that range has a CDI factor we'll never have

If so, are we ghetto for guerilla shooting? hehe

Scarecrow Repair
03-05-2008, 9:40 AM
I am not a member (or proposed member) and don't even really know what it will be, but off the top of my head, if these are north/south meetups, how about these two names?

Civil Shooters for match shooting, very static and staid.

Aggressive Shooters for action shooters.

And then every year you switch between north and south venues and call them the War of (Northern/Southern) Aggression.

OK, I'll go now. Thanks. Bye.

Timberwolf
03-05-2008, 9:43 AM

Well we ought to call our team for the match "The Dirty Dozen"

wildcard
03-05-2008, 9:46 AM

It just means we're more dedicated to our discipline!

In their defense though, I believe they also do a bit of "guerilla shooting." Of course guerillas can either exist in the wild or a nicely maintenanced habitat.. and given their country club style shooting I'll let you reach your own conclusions :)

Timberwolf
03-05-2008, 10:17 AM
It just means we're more dedicated to our discipline!

In their defense though, I believe they also do a bit of "guerilla shooting." Of course guerillas can either exist in the wild or a nicely maintenanced habitat.. and given their country club style shooting I'll let you reach your own conclusions :)

I looked at their scores from their last match and their spread sheet for the year and was suprised to see that they speak of points and X counts - me thinks they a little more square range than we are. We concentrate on hitting a little target far away with the first round from any position we can get it, they seem to concentrate on points and X counts - me thinks they may be a little out of their element in September cause there ain't no Xs on the maiden.

ar15barrels
03-05-2008, 10:21 AM
me thinks they may be a little out of their element in September cause there ain't no Xs on the maiden.

I'll bring a paint-pen and make an x for them. ;)