PDA

View Full Version : BRKT Knife - Only One?

Religious Shooter
02-21-2014, 2:16 AM
I usually limit my purchases to $100 or so dollars or less. I want to add an expensive but ultra functional knife to my collection. A Bark River knife would fit the bill.

It will be for camping/hiking/survival/hunting.

For those of you that have a number of BRKT knives, if you can only have one for the above, which one would you recommend?

I'm looking for stainless (3V).

ffjdh
02-28-2014, 7:47 AM
I'm a huge fan of the Bark River Aurora. I love to feel of the handle. It also comes with a nice sheath (really all bark rivers do though). The only modification i made was I carefully took a belt sander to a small spot on the spine to give it a sharper 90 degree angle for use with a ferro rod.

Bark River puts a lot of effort into there knives and they really make works of art. Their fit and finish is top notch. I'm sure you will be happy with what ever you choose

Meety Peety
02-28-2014, 9:23 AM
Bravo 1

http://www.knivesshipfree.com/bark-river-knives/Bravo-1/bark-river-knives-Bravo-1-usmc-knife-black-blue-maple-burl-rampless/

ElvenSoul
02-28-2014, 9:27 AM
The Canadian

This style of knife just rocks.....never let anyone borrow it...you'll never get it back!

For a cheaper version. .google R Murphy Skinner

ElvenSoul
02-28-2014, 3:52 PM
Of course I just love these as well
http://www.ragweedforge.com/WoodJewelCatalog.html

RandyD
02-28-2014, 9:45 PM
I have three Bark River Bravo 1 knives in all three blades, A2, 3V, and S35VN. They are excellent knives. I am deciding which one to keep and which two to sell.

OP, the Bravo 1 will fill all of the requirements you have listed.

Religious Shooter
03-01-2014, 1:55 PM
I have a couple of knives already that are in the Bravo 1's range of function.

I don't have a largish survival knife yet to fill that niche. So I think I will get a Bravo 1.5.

I'll probably get a CS Master Hunter then the BRKT Bravo 1.5 in 3V.

Meety Peety
03-01-2014, 4:18 PM
I have three Bark River Bravo 1 knives in all three blades, A2, 3V, and S35VN. They are excellent knives. I am deciding which one to keep and which two to sell.

OP, the Bravo 1 will fill all of the requirements you have listed.What scale material? I may be interested in one.. let me know when the time comes to sell the other two.