PDA

View Full Version : CA Legal XCR

Rugerman
03-02-2008, 3:40 PM
I've been looking at the XCR's for a long time and I saw a tacticool one on their website.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m137/sandimaslmb/XCR_SBR_SUPP_LG.jpg

I'm thinking of keeping the standard folding stock like the one in the picture, so obviously the rifle would have to have the 30" minimum length requirement with the stock folded.

So then it came upon me, I'm going to be using a BB. The pictured rifle is the 12" SBR offering from Robinson Arms. So with the stock folded, it doesn't meet the 30" requirement. Now, I do know that some people permanently affix their flash hiders and muzzle breaks to meet the requirement. However I also like fake suppressors because they look nice IMO, so I would like that as a feature for my rifle.

So my question is, would it be legal if I permanently fixed a threaded flash hider/muzzle break, and on top of that I permanetly fixed a fake suppressor so that it meets the 30" length requirement?

Also, please don't yell at me please, I'm just wondering about the legal issue of this.

Mods, feel free to delete if this is considered to be against the forum rules.

JayRuff
03-02-2008, 11:02 PM
As long as u have a fixed magazine you should be fine, by the way where did u buy the fake suppressor?

BlackReef
03-02-2008, 11:05 PM
As long as u have a fixed magazine you should be fine, by the way where did u buy the fake suppressor?

The photo w/ the fake suppressor if off of the XCR website, not his own.

JayRuff
03-02-2008, 11:15 PM
oh, ok

townbound
03-12-2008, 1:06 AM
Beautiful.