PDA

View Full Version : need help converting my amd 65 from screw to rivots

CaliforniaRepublicShooter
02-17-2014, 6:57 PM
Have a home built amd kit using screws... shot great until the screws loosened... retightened them, now the firing pin is almost knocking the primer through the casing(it's clean and moves freely) and lodging the casing so deep in the barrel the extractor almost rips the lip off and cannot dislodge the spent casing. I have to ram rod the ***** out... so bottom line is I'm tiring of reliability issues and would like to pay someone to help me convert it. Please pm if you are in socal (San Diego to santa Barbra) and want to take this on. I have no spare parts and am kind of looking for somebody who will have all parts/tools needed to convert and I can let you do your magic. I'm a painter and clearly not a ak gunsmith- Thanks guy/gals

kcstott
02-17-2014, 7:41 PM
I might be willing to help you but I would need to see this thing first. as there may be irreparable damage done to the trunnions.

DEF23
02-17-2014, 9:56 PM
shot great until the screws loosened

You have to positively secure those suckers on a screw build before you start pounding it too hard.

It does sound as if you have some damage to at least your front trunnion.

hellayella
02-18-2014, 11:25 AM
pm Buellster in North OC

CaliforniaRepublicShooter
03-01-2014, 11:14 AM
Bumping old thread... I had someone to help but they are now unable... anyone out there??

ar15barrels
03-03-2014, 12:29 AM
I could look at it.
I'm in the San Fernando Valley.

MONAJI
03-09-2014, 4:42 AM
ur thing says southbay, do u stay here 2, I'm in San Jose/Sunnyvale area and if u need I can help u out @ no charge, just pm me if u still need it done

temffourse
03-09-2014, 7:14 AM
Right,I'm in San Jose/Sunnyvale area and if u need I can help u out @ no charge, just pm me if u still need it done
http://goo.gl/wtgHYG