View Full Version : WTS Smith Wesson 4506 excellent San Diego

calsafety
02-15-2014, 9:47 AM
[b]Make: Smith & Wesson

[b]Model: 4506

[b]Caliber: 45 ACP

[b]Location (city or county): San Diego

[b]Price: $600 Firm

[b]Will ship (Y/N): Yes. $50.00 out of state (not on list anymore)

[b]Other info: Private party transfer at Gusslers, Paralax Tactical, or Southern California Gun.

Excellent condition. Comes with Hogue and factory grips. Two factory 8 round mags. Small wear mark on slide and small scratch on frame (see photos).

ifilef
02-15-2014, 10:18 AM
I wasn't aware these were still on Roster.:oji:

calsafety
02-15-2014, 11:00 AM
It is no longer on the list.:mad:

ifilef
02-15-2014, 3:16 PM
I know that. I was trying to give OP a hint so that he would take the time to check the Roster, as you and I did, and become aware of his error. OP-you can't ship the firearm unless you want to face a possible criminal conviction, OP!!! Duh...

Oh, I now see that he has amended the remark about shipping. But I honestly don't know if it's okay to ship it out of state or not, and not going to take the time to find the answer. We do know that it can't be legally shipped within the State of California.

Jericho9
02-15-2014, 3:50 PM
He should ship it anyway just to see what would happen

Mithrandir13
03-03-2014, 10:40 PM
can it be sold locally?

no shipping... local pickup?

calsafety
03-04-2014, 10:57 AM
It can be sold locally as a private party transfer at an FFL.

thbeav
03-18-2014, 7:16 PM
I know that. I was trying to give OP a hint so that he would take the time to check the Roster, as you and I did, and become aware of his error. OP-you can't ship the firearm unless you want to face a possible criminal conviction, OP!!! Duh...

Oh, I now see that he has amended the remark about shipping. But I honestly don't know if it's okay to ship it out of state or not, and not going to take the time to find the answer. We do know that it can't be legally shipped within the State of California.

This is NOT true. It can not be shipped as a dealer owned gun as dealer to dealer or to straight to a private party. Fill out the DROS paperwork (if private party) a FFL fills out the top section about the gun and it is shipped (only) to another dealer, then the buyer can finish the paperwork and then wait your 10 days.

ifilef
03-18-2014, 8:20 PM
Are you addressing shipping a handgun within the State or outside the State?

If the former, are you contending that a private party can make a deal to sell a non-rostered handgun to another private person in the state and use an FFL to effectuate the transfer without both buyer and seller present together to accomplish said transfer? Beats me. I thought that it could not be shipped to transfer privately without a FTF with both present at the receiving FFL, e.g., a private party transfer (PPT).

Technically, it may or may not be possible to legally ship the firearm to the receiving FFL, and even if legal to do so, the buyer would not be able to conclude the transaction without seller physically present. At least that is my understanding. So there would be no sense in shipping a non-rostered handgun in the first place, and the receiving party might have to be an exempt person. That is what we're talking about in this thread-the 4506 is no longer on the Roster and to effectuate a transfer it must be a PPT, through the auspices of an FFL, with both present. Practically, we're talking about local transactions only because if it is shipped, even if legal, then it can't be transferred to buyer unless he/she is an exempt person.

There's a thread here that may provide some guidance: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=338077

choprzrul
03-18-2014, 8:27 PM
Nice!

But, not quite what I am looking for. See my signature....

Bikertrash
05-01-2014, 11:31 AM
I'll take it!! PM sent

calsafety
05-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Sold