PDA

View Full Version : Threaded barrels on pistols clairfication ??

DEF23
02-15-2014, 1:31 AM
I was just thinking out loud about not being able to have threaded barrels on pistols in California and was wondering what everyone was doing in their AK & AR pistol builds ??

I see a lot of AK & AR pistol builds happening and not too many without something mounted up front.

So, is everyone just welding & blind pinning these in place ??

nothinghere2c
02-15-2014, 1:33 AM
mag lock negates the requirement to have a non-threaded barrel.

you can even buy a threaded pistol barrel separately for a pistol you own without issue. just dont put it in your california pistol without a mag lock.

DEF23
02-15-2014, 9:46 AM
Then, hypothetically, someone could also add a threaded barrel to their Glock pistol, shave the magazine release button off of the pistol (thus requiring a tool) and you'd still be legal then, correct ??

ke6guj
02-15-2014, 10:39 AM
Then, hypothetically, someone could also add a threaded barrel to their Glock pistol, shave the magazine release button off of the pistol (thus requiring a tool) and you'd still be legal then, correct ??yup. but then you would need to make sure you never put a 11+ round mag in it lest you make it an AW.

DEF23
02-15-2014, 11:12 AM
Sounds good, then.......at least for the clarification part.

Just had some ideas floating around in my head and I was trying to work them out, legalities wise.

As always ke6guj, you are often the voice of reason for my ideas.......