PDA

View Full Version : Yugo M64 - can't disassemble the folding stock

nick
02-08-2014, 8:31 PM
So, my threaded barrel Yugo M70 reweld (a.k.a. M64) is pretty much done. However, there's a problem I'm not sure on how to tackle. I want to use a Yugo underfolder stock with this rifle. The stock is currently attached to a stub from another receiver. When I tried to disassemble it, I noticed that the pins in it are staked. So, unless I'm missing something, the only way to remove them seems to drill them out. I'm just making sure there isn't some other way, before I drill them out. It's hard to believe that Yugoslavians never intended for these stocks to be disassembled, but then, you never know :)

nicoroshi
02-08-2014, 10:45 PM
DON'T DRILL!
It is possible to knock the pins through the stake.
Remove pistol grip, and from the hole on the bottom button side use a small punch to remove the pin on that side.
Hold onto the button when you do (there's a spring behind it).
This might be helpful also>>>
http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/Yugo/M70/m70.htm

The M70 is put together the same way as the M64

nick
02-08-2014, 11:01 PM
DON'T DRILL!
It is possible to knock the pins through the stake.
Remove pistol grip, and from the hole on the bottom button side use a small punch to remove the pin on that side.
Hold onto the button when you do (there's a spring behind it).
This might be helpful also>>>
http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/Yugo/M70/m70.htm

The M70 is put together the same way as the M64

I was thinking of drilling out the staking, not all the way through :)

The staking's pretty strong, I don't think I can punch the pin through it without breaking the pin (or the punch, gotta use a thin one, or something else).

nick
02-08-2014, 11:55 PM
BTW, while we're on the subject of milled AKs, are the axis pins the same for them as for the stamped receiver ones? I tried using some spare axis pins, and the hammer axis pin doesn't stick out on the inside of the receiver enough to put the retainer plate in.

nick
02-09-2014, 1:00 AM
Got my answer on another forum. Now I need to figure out where to get a Yugo M64 hammer/sear axis pin. Does anyone have one for sale?

nicoroshi
02-09-2014, 7:33 AM
I have one left (hammer axis pin for m64)

You can touch the top of the stake with a drill bit to get the pin out of the UF stock assembly if its being a bear.