PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking of my first build - is this everything I need for the basic build?

JayRuff
02-26-2008, 8:11 PM
Stag Arms Lower Receiver Parts Kit with Ambi Selector
Stag Arms Tactical 6-Position Stock Assembly
CMMG 16" M4 Upper
RRA LAR-15 Forged Lower Receiver
Bullet Button & Bullet Tool Combo
C Products 10 Round 30 Magazine .223/5.56mm
Added: car stock spanner wrench

Would this be complete?

I'm really ready for my first build, but I'm new at this, so far I have tried to read each and every thread possible on here and I have learned allot, thanks to all the helpful members on this forum :D

P.S If I'm missing something in parts please let me know, also, I remember someone posted a guide on how to put everything together but I lost the link, can someone please post the guide. Thanks

EDIT: I found the guide (http://www.calguns.net/OLL/assembly.html)

jandmtv
02-26-2008, 8:14 PM
yup, all of that and a car stock spanner wrench.

JayRuff
02-26-2008, 8:17 PM
Got it^

jandmtv
02-26-2008, 8:21 PM
oh and a punch set would be a good investment too, cheap and effective! i think i paid like $12 at the local hardware store.

s2000news
02-26-2008, 9:02 PM
Stag Arms Lower Receiver Parts Kit with Ambi Selector
Stag Arms Tactical 6-Position Stock Assembly
CMMG 16" M4 Upper
RRA LAR-15 Forged Lower Receiver
Bullet Button & Bullet Tool Combo
C Products 10 Round 30 Magazine .223/5.56mm
Added: car stock spanner wrench

Would this be complete?

I'm really ready for my first build, but I'm new at this, so far I have tried to read each and every thread possible on here and I have learned allot, thanks to all the helpful members on this forum :D

P.S If I'm missing something in parts please let me know, also, I remember someone posted a guide on how to put everything together but I lost the link, can someone please post the guide. Thanks

EDIT: I found the guide (http://www.calguns.net/OLL/assembly.html)

If ya need any help building it, send me a PM. I'm in San Jose, could help ya out if you needed something.

It is very easy to build a lower, as I have proven. :) If ya have it done by Sat, I was thinking of going up to Sunnyvale. Have ya purchased anything yet?

joe4702
02-26-2008, 9:19 PM
Vid here on building a lower:

http://www.lifelibertyetc.com/RangeBag.aspx

JayRuff
02-26-2008, 9:28 PM
If ya need any help building it, send me a PM. I'm in San Jose, could help ya out if you needed something.

It is very easy to build a lower, as I have proven. :) If ya have it done by Sat, I was thinking of going up to Sunnyvale. Have ya purchased anything yet?

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind ;), haven't bought anything yet, I'm still searching for parts I like :D

shark92651
02-26-2008, 9:38 PM
Ammo, lots and lots of ammo :)

Sounds like you have everything you need listed there except I am a big fan of the magpul enhanced trigger guard - makes for a nice look. I'd even swap the ambi-selector for the enh trigger guard in your case. The ambi-selector is not quite so critical when you have a normal pistol grip (unless you are a leftie). Or you could get both. Then again, a PRI big latch is nice too, etc... It never ends :D

JayRuff
02-26-2008, 9:58 PM
Ammo, lots and lots of ammo :)

Sounds like you have everything you need listed there except I am a big fan of the magpul enhanced trigger guard - makes for a nice look. I'd even swap the ambi-selector for the enh trigger guard in your case. The ambi-selector is not quite so critical when you have a normal pistol grip (unless you are a leftie). Or you could get both. Then again, a PRI big latch is nice too, etc... It never ends :D

Thanks, What ammo works best for you? I'm thinking of .223 Wolf 55gr HP, because they are cheap and the reviews aren't that bad

jacques
02-26-2008, 9:59 PM
You will probably need a rear sight for that upper. or a scope or red dot.

JayRuff
02-26-2008, 10:02 PM
You will probably need a rear sight for that upper. or a scope or red dot.

Yes, I'm ordering that too

aplinker
02-27-2008, 1:23 AM
I would buy a couple extra 10rd mags.

Any 223 or 5.56 ammo that goes boom is fine for plinking. Miwall reloads, Wolf, etc. etc.

Be aware that if you shoot at a range that does not allow steel jacketed/core ammunition you probably won't be able to shoot Wolf.

Full Clip
02-27-2008, 8:38 AM
Thanks, What ammo works best for you? I'm thinking of .223 Wolf 55gr HP, because they are cheap and the reviews aren't that bad

I think if you do a search, you'll find that Wolf is not the favorite .223 ammo here. It's only attribute is that it's cheap. It's also dirty, inaccurate, inconsistent and steel-cased (the last of which may or may not be a real issue). There are a lot of good online dealers for ammo. Two faves of mine are http://www.outdoormarksman.com/ (which often has good deals on reloads if you want to go that route) and http://www.aimsurplus.com/ You'll find many others.

GenLee
02-27-2008, 8:52 AM
All your list is missing is an hour of your time (maybe two if you suck with detent pins like me) and lots of ammo :44: