PDA

View Full Version : I Got 2 People to buy First time OLLs today, how bout you?

Lateralus
02-26-2008, 6:26 PM
Was great. After talking to a family friend, he and i went online and helped him select all his parts to complete his first kali compliant OLL build. After his freind heard, he then contacted me and I helped him get his.

I feel pretty good about the whole thing. Keep showing the light folks! Well win in the end!

Nodda Duma
02-26-2008, 6:36 PM
Buddy and I recently bought our first OLL's. I got him interested after reading the info here. He chose a .308 lower, and picked it up as I was picking up my 2nd Stag lower from 10%.

-Jason

wilit
02-26-2008, 6:47 PM
So far I've converted two. Both are on here too. One got an AK the other bought 3 AR's. :D

Breadfan
02-26-2008, 6:49 PM
I am taking my friend to 10% on friday so he can buy his first OLL or a M&P15

bwiese
02-26-2008, 6:50 PM
Now get 'em to join NRA as well.

wilit
02-26-2008, 6:52 PM

For some reason, that seems to be way more difficult. :confused:

68kaiser
02-26-2008, 6:53 PM
I wish I could say the same. For some reason everyone that i show my STAG-15 to thinks that it is illegal, some dont even want to touch it, and show no interest of getting one of their own. :confused:

I guess it just looks to fun to be legal......:D their loss........................

MustangO4
02-26-2008, 6:54 PM
I got a guy at work excited and in the last 6 months he's dropped 4k on AR OLLs alone, and I think he just got his NRA life membership. Yea, he's a single Captain.

leelaw
02-26-2008, 6:55 PM
I teach about 30 - 75 people who have never fired a firearm before, how to shoot responsibly, per year, for the past 5 years. :D

Good job on the OLLs, though. Every new person we can make realize that evil black rifles aren't so evil is a job well done.

brokestudent12
02-26-2008, 7:02 PM
I wish I could say the same. For some reason everyone that i show my STAG-15 to thinks that it is illegal, some dont even want to touch it, and show no interest of getting one of their own. :confused:

I guess it just looks to fun to be legal......:D their loss........................

every single person i know wants one BECAUSE they think it's illegal.
lol

jandmtv
02-26-2008, 7:17 PM
educated about a dozen people at the range i go to, and talked 2 of my friends into OLLs, now getting my friends to join the NRA is another story!

s2000news
02-26-2008, 7:57 PM
Being new to OLL myself, I'm proud to say I have brought 3 more shooters into the OLL club. :)

MB260E
02-26-2008, 8:42 PM
Picked up one after talking to a Marine at the range then doing some research here. Have convinced two friends already, who ironically already have their guns while I still wait on an upper *sigh*

jksupplyco
02-26-2008, 8:44 PM
Keep up the good work... I try to educate everyone that I talk to!

tenpercentfirearms
02-26-2008, 8:47 PM
Well lets see, maybe a couple. Over my life time, I lost track. Probably in the low thousands range. :eek:

MT1
02-26-2008, 10:48 PM
I have personally gotten 2 people to get OLL's - we're going to assemble them this weekend. Another has said he's going to order one next week, and one of the first guys got a couple of his friends to buy OLL's...it's spreading.

How does that quote go about "I'll teach 5 men to fight, and they will teach a hundred" ?

savageevo
02-27-2008, 6:50 AM
If they are hard nose to join the NRA, Please ask them to join calguns. whats the use of haveing a oll if you don't understand the laws and the ever changing laws we have to keep up with. I always refer everybody to this site first then if they are truely interested I help them get a OLL.

SKG19
02-27-2008, 7:07 AM
I've got 3 into OLLs this month. I've got another on the fence waiting for the wife's approval for a firearm. I've been waiting for a year:(. I'm not holding my breath.

viras
02-27-2008, 8:26 AM

To a brand new OLL Owner, what are the benefits of joining the NRA?

Army
02-27-2008, 8:58 AM
To a brand new OLL Owner, what are the benefits of joining the NRA?
They will do 95% of the fighting for you to keep your OLL.

Isn't that worth the cost of a box of ammo per year?

MrLogan
02-27-2008, 9:16 AM
I've gotten two so far.

GenLee
02-27-2008, 9:27 AM
Two for me too, plus both are calgunners know as well, Plus its cool since I built mine first, They have both dedicated my house as their build house. Fun for all.

A big thanx to calguns and all the members here.
:jump:

theseacow
02-27-2008, 9:35 AM
Since about december of 2006 or whenever the initial breakout was, I've got about 19 people total into the OLL scene.

viras
02-27-2008, 9:44 AM
They will do 95% of the fighting for you to keep your OLL.

Isn't that worth the cost of a box of ammo per year?

I don't understand. What fighting?

I got both of my Off List rifles because of information available freely on this site, and of course by reading and understanding the laws presented on this site as well.

I have gotten numerous friends of mine interested in the whole OLL movement and I've influenced 2 to actually buy OLL's and begin their own journey.

How would joining the NRA additionally benefit a n00b?

SKG19
02-27-2008, 10:58 AM
I don't understand. What fighting?

How would joining the NRA additionally benefit a n00b?

The fighting that continually goes on in our state capital...against US (gun owners) and the gun grabbers.

Just because you can have them now...doesn't mean you will always be able to.

It's good to have a group of like minded folks fighting to keep your rights. As a gun owner you should care about every anti-gun legislation out there...period. Unless of course you don't like you rights.

docsmileyface
02-27-2008, 11:15 AM
I got my girlfriend to buy one on Sunday. She really digs the Spikes Tactical logo now, she wants the t-shirts and is already. God, I love her!! :jump:

The Gunslinger
02-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Was great. After talking to a family friend, he and i went online and helped him select all his parts to complete his first kali compliant OLL build. After his freind heard, he then contacted me and I helped him get his.

I feel pretty good about the whole thing. Keep showing the light folks! Well win in the end!

Very kool..I had the same thing happen after showing some guys at work how and why they are legal..most are now working on putting some together..feels good to spread the good word as it was to me when I first hear dabout it...:cheers2:

saxman
02-27-2008, 11:40 AM
I haven't even bought an OLL(soon though), and I've converted a friend.

jammer2k
02-27-2008, 11:49 AM
I have one friend who 'saw the light' once I explained and showed how the OLL is legal. His 10 day is over this Thursday, I get to help him build it sometime next week. Hopefully I can keep this trend going for a while:)

cobra198
02-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Got one of my buddies to build one a while back. We recently just ordered another round of lowers to start 2 new builds! Gotta love it.

Another buddy of mine got the BRD and im gonna help him put together a build (pending the funds).

I love letting friends try it, and explaining the legality. Really helps to get them into it!

Spread the disease!

PIRATE14
02-27-2008, 4:55 PM
I've got prolly 10,000s.....and roll'em up everyday across the country...:chris:

Stormfeather
02-27-2008, 4:58 PM

My advice to you. . . . get new friends.

PIRATE14
02-27-2008, 5:01 PM
My advice to you. . . . get new friends.

Sound advice...........;)

68kaiser
02-27-2008, 8:31 PM
My advice to you. . . . get new friends

I cant believe it took this long for somine to say that.

After typing the post I thought the same thing:(

Kishfisser
02-27-2008, 8:44 PM
I managed to convince 1 friend, he in turn convinced 2 friends. Plus I have a few more people starting to show interest.

m0topilot
02-28-2008, 12:01 AM
Im building my first OLL, an AR-15 carbine. I am also looking into a FAL from http://www.entreprise.com/