PDA

View Full Version : AR70 in AW guide

gose
02-26-2008, 6:42 PM
I was bored and was browsing through the AW guide and stopped at the AR70. The comment says:

"May be marked Mod 70S or Mod 70 Sport. However, only the mark AR 70 is essential to identify the firearm as an assault weapon."

Since only AR-70 is listed, wouldn't an rifle marked "Mod 70S" or "Mod 70 Sport" be off-list?

JPglee1
02-26-2008, 6:44 PM
What about an Armalite AR180-B model...its not on the list and IS different in design than the AR-180....

J

gose
02-26-2008, 6:56 PM
Would be interesting to see a list of listed rifles that are available in "off-list" version...

However, the point was really that the comment confused me a bit, since a rifle that isn't listed by name is legal (sans evil features), so the comment seems to "expand" the ban to rifles not really covered in the statute...

jamesob
02-26-2008, 11:29 PM
its the same thing as the eagle arms ar10. its not listed but banned because its the same company as armalite. so i would say they would deem that the same situation.

saki302
02-27-2008, 3:54 AM
Most 'Eagle Arms' rifles are also stamped 'Armalite' on the receiver, or 'mfd. by Armalite' etc..

-Dave

gose
02-27-2008, 9:05 AM
its the same thing as the eagle arms ar10. its not listed but banned because its the same company as armalite. so i would say they would deem that the same situation.

No it's not. The AR-10 is listed in the Kasler list under Armalite as AR-10 (all). The AR-70 is only listed as AR-70.

jamesob
02-27-2008, 12:00 PM
No it's not. The AR-10 is listed in the Kasler list under Armalite as AR-10 (all). The AR-70 is only listed as AR-70.

true armalite is listed but eagle arms ar10 is not but eagle arms says division of armalite so banned. it also says may be listed as the others. just because it may say s or b at the end will not make one difference. its different with ar's because they have totally different model numbers. so do you think you could buy an armalite ar10-b? its not listed, but is illegal. same thing will apply here unless its a different mfg. just try to buy one and see what they say. it will be a big "NO "