PDA

View Full Version : I need a gunsmith to attach a permanent flash hider.

XOne
02-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Hello there everyone,

I need help finding someone who could attach a DNTC FC556 flash/comp to a 14.5 Bushmaster heavy barrel, then mount it on my upper receiver.

If anyone knows who could do this, your help will be greatly appreciated.

shark92651
02-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Hello there everyone,

I need help finding someone who could attach a DNTC FC556 flash/comp to a 14.5 Bushmaster heavy barrel, then mount it on my upper receiver.

If anyone knows who could do this, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Contact Randall, aka member "ar15barrels" on this site. He is in LA county and does great work.

apbrian112
02-26-2008, 12:26 PM
+1 for randall, he's done work on my ar's and his work is top-notch...

bwiese
02-26-2008, 12:32 PM
It's not a great idea to admit ownership of a short bbl and (guesstimating) you likely own a lower receiver.

I think mods should pull this thread.

XOne
02-26-2008, 12:35 PM
It's not a great idea to admit ownership of a short bbl and (guesstimating) you likely own a lower receiver.

I think mods should pull this thread.

I dont have the barrel yet. I have the receiver and flash/comp.

Pictures:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c29/Xzorz/DSC00245.jpg

I have been trying to get ahold of AR15barrels, but they wont reply. Is there anyone else?

Skammy
02-26-2008, 1:02 PM
I didn't get a response from him either but he's still posting :7:

:( I really wanted to use him over shipping my stuff out also

bwiese
02-26-2008, 1:32 PM
I dont have the barrel yet. I have the receiver and flash/comp.

Then I would recommend not acquiring the bbl directly yourself, but instead having the bbl sent to or acquired by the vendor who will pin/weld the FH on.

I have been trying to get ahold of AR15barrels, but they wont reply. Is there anyone else?

As I understand it, Randall's AOL email doesn't work so good. PM him here and you might have better luck.

XOne
02-26-2008, 1:43 PM
Damn, he said it would take at the least 2 weeks.

Is there any other gun smiths that can do it? I can ship out.

ohsmily
02-26-2008, 1:51 PM
Damn, he said it would take at the least 2 weeks.

Is there any other gun smiths that can do it? I can ship out.

That is fast when it comes to gunsmithing work. Good luck finding someone to do it sooner.

MrNiceGuy
02-26-2008, 2:13 PM
Seems like "m24armorer" is a well respected gunsmith according to this board, I have no personal experience.

You might want to send him a PM.

That's a sweet rifle you got there BTW.

pwall
02-26-2008, 2:18 PM
I didn't get a response from him either but he's still posting :7:

:( I really wanted to use him over shipping my stuff out also

+1
I inquired about a job also via pm and never got a response. I figured he just didn't like my avatar :(

aplinker
02-26-2008, 8:05 PM
Randall has been working on a demolition derby car 10 hours a night for a couple of weeks. I'm guessing he's trying to recover.

Keep in mind he charges about 1/2 what other people would, does excellent work, and does it all "on the side" for his own enjoyment.

m24armorer
02-26-2008, 8:24 PM
Send up your complete upper with all the parts. 24 hour turn around. I finally have some help.

Bout time my No.1 son got his sh** together. The kid is a genius and you will be very happy with the results.

XOne
02-26-2008, 9:05 PM
PM sent.

ar15barrels
02-27-2008, 12:36 AM
The trick to getting work done here quickly is to walk in.
You are usually out of here in an hour or less and it's all done.
No shipping required.

cacti1954
06-16-2008, 5:24 PM
The real trick is to not EVER get tricked by AR15barrels unless you want your money and the parts you sent to disappear with Randall. Some people on
AR15.com have waited many months (some OVER 2 YEARS) to either get their orders done or just get him to return their money and parts back, but they never get either, or an answer from Randall after trying to contact him repeatedly.

But if you read Randall's posts here, he badmouths the AR15.com board about how he was mistreated over there, but interestingly he doesn't mention that one reason he was banned over there...... taking orders and money and parts from people and then disappearing.

Now watch all the Randall fanboys come running.

jandmtv
06-16-2008, 5:37 PM
The real trick is to not EVER get tricked by AR15barrels unless you want your money and the parts you sent to disappear with Randall. Some people on
AR15.com have waited many months (some OVER 2 YEARS) to either get their orders done or just get him to return their money and parts back, but they never get either, or an answer from Randall after trying to contact him repeatedly.

But if you read Randall's posts here, he badmouths the AR15.com board about how he was mistreated over there, but interestingly he doesn't mention that one reason he was banned over there...... taking orders and money and parts from people and then disappearing.

:troll:

:ban:

Randall has done a lot of work on my guns, I have been very satisfied with his work and level of honesty.

Now run on back to arfcom.

apbrian112
06-16-2008, 5:44 PM
The trick to getting work done here quickly is to walk in. and bring some tito's tacos
No shipping required.

just fixing it for ya...

heycorey
06-16-2008, 5:58 PM
The trick to getting work done here quickly is to walk in.
No shipping required.

If I may ask, where is "here"? If you could PM me your business address/hours, I'm sure I'd have some business for you sooner than later. I'm speaking for several people in that regard, myself included.

Thanks - Corey

USN CHIEF
06-16-2008, 6:22 PM

This is a lame way to call someone out.:( I don't know the dude personally but I have heard nothing but great things about him of people that have met him and dealt with him personally.

Are you just mad cause you were not invited to one of his famous BBQ's:confused::D

randy
06-16-2008, 6:25 PM
X1 when you ask for help it would be a good idea to put down where you live.

I'd PM Randall again or this post might attract him. If he isn't your guy then shoot me a PM, but I'd give Randall the first couple of shots at it.

USN CHIEF
06-16-2008, 6:29 PM
Randy, this was back in February, I think he got the problem solved already...:eek: But good looking out for a fellow Cal Gunner...
:cheers2:

ar15barrels
06-16-2008, 7:19 PM
if you read Randall's posts here, he badmouths the AR15.com board about how he was mistreated over there, but interestingly he doesn't mention that one reason he was banned over there.....

My being banned over there has nothing to do with my business or how I run it.
It purely has to do with my refusal to pay their advertising rates or change my forum username from the name that I go by everywhere and all my archived threads are posted under.

Why would I want to change usernames and lose all the identity value I have built for myself?

ar15barrels
06-16-2008, 7:24 PM
If I may ask, where is "here"? If you could PM me your business address/hours, I'm sure I'd have some business for you sooner than later. I'm speaking for several people in that regard, myself included.

I don't have a business address.
I have a home address and I won't post that in a public forum.
Hours are by appointment only, evenings and weekends.

My location is listed in my profile and plainly visible in the header of this post.
I work out of the back of a van, will only meet in dark alleys and only accept payment in gold coins or pelts.

C.G.
06-16-2008, 7:34 PM
I work out of the back of a van, will only meet in dark alleys and only accept payment in gold coins or pelts.

Taking lessons from SemiAutoSam?:D

ar15barrels
06-16-2008, 7:51 PM
Taking lessons from SemiAutoSam?:D

You know, if you listen to him and ron paul, they might have something there...

Skammy
06-16-2008, 9:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/Skammy/blog/numerouno.jpg
ZOMG I took this all in parts with some stuff that was over sized and wouldn't fit to Randall and it took TWO DAYS :p to get back to me :D:D:D

heycorey
06-16-2008, 9:59 PM
I don't have a business address.
I have a home address and I won't post that in a public forum.
Hours are by appointment only, evenings and weekends.

My location is listed in my profile and plainly visible in the header of this post.

Okie-dokie ...

randy
06-16-2008, 11:33 PM
Thanks Chief I should have checked the dates. I know Randall and although I have a friend/gun smith that pretty much takes care of all my guns. He introduced me to Randall and gave him very hi marks.

I haven't had Randall do anything for me but my buddys praise is good enough for me to recommend Randall.

cacti1954
06-17-2008, 3:23 AM
"I would like Randall to explain what has happened to my custom barrel order.

It was PAID IN FULL in January 2006!

30 months later, I still have NOTHING to show for it.

Randall, if you are reading this, how does it not make good business sense to complete the remaining orders? Wouldn't it be nice to not have to hide from your customers?

I have been VERY patient, but it is wearing thin."

"I wouldn't buy anything from him ever. My 6 to 10 week order took about 17 months. He told me at one point Krieger was backed up. And the barrel was on back order. I called krieger and was told that was BS. He had the order. Never returned PM's, Emails, or phone calls, Until I posted bad posts about him. I usually triied for weeks to get in touch before going that route. Funny part is that my order wasn't right when it came. I mentioned it to him. He just shrugged it off. It was suppose to be a RRA upper not LMT. He did finally offer to switch it out months later. Only because I posted what had happened a few times. I am not going to send it back for who knows how long to change it out. At some piont I'll order a new one and have someone else change it.

My opinion is that the lack of communication, lack of timely work, and lack of respect. Is just not worth the time and energy it takes to do business with him. The upper seems to be good. But, I wish he had better better business practices. Nothing like placing an order and not knowing if and when it will ever come. "

cacti1954
06-17-2008, 3:28 AM
"WOw, didn't know this thread was here.

I've tried contact by his website, no phone number available, also have some CA hometown forum guys who are trying to get in touch with him for me.

He had a 5.45 barrel blank left over from making his own AR74 back in September/October of 2007? I want to say...

I sent him an A1 upper, receiver, bolt carrier, and several other parts, along with a check for $450.

The check was cashed in 2007 (IIRC) and I expected everything to show up soon afterwards, then he dropped off the board for 3-4 months with no contact.

Still haven't heard anything back from him, but as shown in the link above, he's now asking people for more work.

ETA: Sorry, so the order was for a completed 5.45x39 upper, with bolt/bcg and perm installed AK74 style brake for legal 16". Some parts I sent him, others were to be included due to the $450 fee.

I'm still waiting for the complete upper."

THE 0NE
06-17-2008, 2:03 PM
pm m24armorer he is the best!!!!!!!!!

heycorey
06-17-2008, 3:23 PM
m24armorer ... PM inbound!

Thanks - Corey

technique
06-17-2008, 8:38 PM
I think that anyone with gun smithing skills should be valued no matter how long it takes!!! There are plenty of things that I can't do on guns, either i don't have the tools, or knowledge. I'm lucky enough to see M24armorer on almost a daily basis. He's local to my area. I can ask him on a moments notice to have something done or change my mind and have him do something else!:D

Point being..... we as gun owners are really lucky to have these guys around!!!

ghost
06-17-2008, 10:31 PM
+1 for m24armorer,i highly recommend him.he permanently installed my se vortex flash hider,quality work from a great guy:D

cacti1954
06-19-2008, 5:59 AM
I think that anyone with gun smithing skills should be valued no matter how long it takes!!! There are plenty of things that I can't do on guns, either i don't have the tools, or knowledge. I'm lucky enough to see M24armorer on almost a daily basis. He's local to my area. I can ask him on a moments notice to have something done or change my mind and have him do something else!:D

Point being..... we as gun owners are really lucky to have these guys around!!!

Gee, I wonder how much you would be "valuing" a gunsmith accepting hundreds of your hard-earned dollars and parts worth hundreds more, then many months or even a year or two later you are SOL and he avoids you.
To some, that is "value-added".....to others it is a rip-off. Whatever.

cacti1954
06-21-2008, 10:48 AM
bump

technique
06-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Do it yourself then!!!!

m24armorer
06-22-2008, 5:10 PM
Funny, I don't take your money till it's done. COD......

m24armorer
06-22-2008, 5:15 PM
Cr*p 4 pages of hider, I'll do it for free just to close the thread.

technique
06-22-2008, 5:21 PM
Cr*p 4 pages of hider, I'll do it for free just to close the thread.

See! thats what I'm talking about!!!!!