PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question (I've read the flowchart!!)

audihenry
02-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Guys,

I've looked and read and I'm still confused.

1) Does something like the BB make the magazine fixed, since it must be removed with a "tool" such as a bullet or something?
2) Are thumbhole stock rifles (think Dragunov) legal with a fixed magazine?
3) Can a magazine be made fixed and changed back to removable in another state without permanent damage to rifle?

Thanks in advance! Please bear with my newbness, I've read and re-read and that's why I'm here asking clarifying questions! :-D

Cheers!

jandmtv
02-26-2008, 10:51 AM
Guy

ummmmm..........????:confused:

Soldier415
02-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Guy

Well, judging by your handle...I'd say the answer to your noob question is yes, you are a guy.

Welcome to calguns :D

Matt C
02-26-2008, 10:55 AM
Guys,

1) Does something like the BB make the magazine fixed, since it must be removed with a "tool" such as a bullet or something?
That is it's purpose.
Yes.3)
Can a magazine be made fixed and changed back to removable in another state without permanent damage to rifle?
Yes.
Thanks in advance! Please bear with my newbness, I've read and re-read and that's why I'm here asking clarifying questions! :-D

Cheers!

:chris:

Jicko
02-26-2008, 11:00 AM
Guys,

3) Can a magazine be made fixed and changed back to removable in another state without permanent damage to rifle?

Cheers!

Read the newbie thread too. (link in my signature)

audihenry
02-26-2008, 11:01 AM
Thank you!

One more question please (and excuse the error above when I only submitted the "guy" in "guys!")

Is it legal to remove the magazine using the BB at the range, for instance, to load?

I know these may sound dumb. I'm still learning this stuff. Ask me about synthesizers or cars and I'll give you proper answers. Guns? Still learning thanks to you guys! :)

DedEye
02-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Thank you!

One more question please (and excuse the error above when I only submitted the "guy" in "guys!")

Is it legal to remove the magazine using the BB at the range, for instance, to load?

I know these may sound dumb. I'm still learning this stuff. Ask me about synthesizers or cars and I'll give you proper answers. Guns? Still learning thanks to you guys! :)

Yes, that's the purpose of the BB.

Matt C
02-26-2008, 11:05 AM
It is slightly more risky than leaving the 10 round mag inside, but by the letter of the law it would appear to be legal. Do so at your own risk.

audihenry
02-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Sweet. You guys rock! :)