PDA

View Full Version : Arnold - Govenor - gun show - Cow Palace

battleship
02-26-2008, 12:24 AM
Is sending undercover officers to the crossroads of the west gun show at the Cow Palace this weekend, as city council members are attempting to shut the show down, shouting illegal gun sales at the show, do they mean inside the show or in the parking lot that these guns are assumed to be passed illegally, hmm it can not be inside the show as you have to check guns in with the police on enetering so are they suggesting people are sneaking them in and tapping people on the shoulder and asking them if they want to buy a gun no questions asked or paper work to file, it just seems unlikely for this to happen wright? or is it just the council stiring up sh-t to ban gun shows period from the cow palace.

metalhead357
02-26-2008, 5:05 AM
FUD.....

they're just mad 'cause the Cow Palace is run by the Feds and they cant do squat about thier venue

EOD Guy
02-26-2008, 6:26 AM
FUD.....

they're just mad 'cause the Cow Palace is run by the Feds and they cant do squat about thier venue

The Cow Palace is a California State venue located in Daly City.

From the Cow Palace web site: The Cow Palace is officially the 1-A District Agricultural Association, a State agency of the California Department of Food and Agriculture's Division of Fairs and Expositions.

Soldier415
02-26-2008, 6:29 AM
FUD.....

The Cow Palace is a California State venue.

FUD:p

fred40
02-26-2008, 9:11 AM
what a waste of tax money! undercovers should go to the ghetto where all the crime happens.

QuarterBoreGunner
02-26-2008, 9:25 AM
undercovers should go to the ghetto where all the crime happens.

What an interesting and incorrect observation.

Soldier415
02-26-2008, 9:28 AM
what a waste of tax money! undercovers should go to the ghetto where all the crime happens.

Funny, I live in a nice area and a gang fight with knives and bats happened a half mile away yesterday

bwiese
02-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Is sending undercover officers to the crossroads of the west gun show at the Cow Palace this weekend, as city council members are attempting to shut the show down, shouting illegal gun sales at the show,

Please tell me where the Governor is doing this, what agency he'd be using, and why he would already duplicate ongoing efforts by Calif DOJ Bureau of Firearms types that already frequent gunshows.

The effort to stop gunshows at Cow Palace is a leglislative one driven, IIRC, by Mark Leno in his battle against Carole Migden.

Iggy's there many times (not terribly undercover) and is on the clock except when he goes nuts for kukris or other bladed items.

wolfmann
02-26-2008, 10:36 AM
I would think if you wanted to bust people and prove illegal activity's you wouldnt announce it.

deleted by PC police
02-26-2008, 10:40 AM
Please tell me where the Governor is doing this, what agency he'd be using, and why he would already duplicate ongoing efforts by Calif DOJ Bureau of Firearms types that already frequent gunshows.

The effort to stop gunshows at Cow Palace is a leglislative one driven, IIRC, by Mark Leno in his battle against Carole Migden.

Iggy's there many times (not terribly undercover) and is on the clock except when he goes nuts for kukris or other bladed items.

As I read it. Arnold is sending undercover officers to investigate the city council, not the gun show.

UBFRAGD
02-26-2008, 4:35 PM
Dear Schwarzie:
I have been to almost every gun show at the Cow for about a decade now. I have been very observant of everything going on at these shows. My conclusion is that people are very conscious of avoiding trouble with the law, whether they be vendors or browsers. People are going out of their way, spending inordinate amounts of time and research to make sure they are complying with the law. Looking for crime at a gun show seems fruitless to me. To most citizens, guns are just another interesting hobby.

In contrast, I was accosted walking across Larkin/Post (SF) today from my parking spot to the shop I was visiting. In just one quick walk across the street, a prostitute shook her boobies at me, a guy offered a stolen Cannondale bicycle for sale, and another guy offered to sell me marijuana. There's your crime, sir. Not at a gun show full of productive members of society fearful of breaking the law. I've given you the location of the criminals and I expect to see you there the next time I have to go to the House of Fans.

BTW I have faxed Arnie's office a couple of times regarding gun laws and have always gotten an individualistic response and Arnie's stamped signature.

Later!!

metalhead357
02-26-2008, 4:42 PM
The Cow Palace is a California State venue located in Daly City.

From the Cow Palace web site:The Cow Palace is officially the 1-A District Agricultural Association, a State agency of the California Department of Food and Agriculture's Division of Fairs and Expositions

Whoops...m'bad: thought the Agri I read was fed not state:sleeping:

gravygrabber
02-26-2008, 9:07 PM
Funny, I live in a nice area and a gang fight with knives and bats happened a half mile away yesterday

Was it the Sharks and Jets again? Were they dancing too? :D

zcktomcat
02-26-2008, 9:27 PM
The Cow Palace or the Cal Expo? Cause both are having gun shows and the Cal Expo Center would be a shorter drive for his cronies. Maybe he's just sending them to get a lever action shotgun like the one he used in T2. We all know the governator is above straw purchase laws.

gravygrabber
02-26-2008, 9:54 PM
Cal Expo is having a show this weekend?

gravygrabber
02-26-2008, 9:56 PM
All be damned, roadrunner show....

I guess Saturday will have to go to one and Sunday the other....

M.Martian
02-27-2008, 1:18 AM
Which of these two shows would be the better one to hit? The Crossroads? Or Roadrunner?

I'd be interested in trying to get to one of them, but there is no way I can hit them both.

Ballistic043
02-27-2008, 8:14 AM
that depends. do you want to go look at beef jerky and nazi paraphernelia, or actual guns?

rgs1975
02-27-2008, 8:38 AM
that depends. do you want to go look at beef jerky and nazi paraphernelia, or actual guns?

Actual guns.

gravygrabber
02-27-2008, 8:50 AM
Actual guns.

Ditto and beanie babies...

InvictusManeo
02-27-2008, 9:04 AM
BTW I have faxed Arnie's office a couple of times regarding gun laws and have always gotten an individualistic response and Arnie's stamped signature.

Yep. My ex writes those responses.

caduckgunner
02-27-2008, 9:53 AM
As I read it. Arnold is sending undercover officers to investigate the city council, not the gun show.

Why would Arnold want to investigate his fellow liberals?

M.Martian
02-27-2008, 10:08 AM
guns and gun parts. I've already got some beef jerky in the kitchen.

Gryff
02-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Arnold is sending undercover officers to investigate the city council, not the gun show.

Does that mean that Gavin is going to claim that he needs to go into rehab again to avoid the unwanted scrutiny?

cactuspete
02-28-2008, 9:43 AM
Saw on the news this morning that there has been more and more talk of tearing down the Cow Palace. The fact that the Beatles played there and they have a Rodeo, gun show, etc. just isn't cutting it any more in justifying it - the space could be much better put to use with a large shopping center.

QuarterBoreGunner
02-28-2008, 9:52 AM
yeah it was front page on the Chronic (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/02/28/MNE0V9LPS.DTL);
I actually understand the need for more community serving retail. I used to live about a mile away from the CP and there's pretty much nothing out there on the Bayshore corridor. But still this stinks like politics and real estate back room dealing more than any attempt to better the community.

hkfooey
03-01-2008, 9:44 AM
Just got back from Cow Palace - stock up my ammo (and beef jerky)... :D

Plenty of lower and upper there... wish I have $$ for them!! :(

CSACANNONEER
03-01-2008, 10:25 AM

Uh, the Cow Palace isn't exactly in the best part of town. I haven't been there in 10 years but, there was a housing project very close by.

UBFRAGD
03-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Great show. Great selection of ammo, got everything I wanted. All kinds of black rifle stuff too. Now to scrape up some money for rent........

Met some real cool people too. Didn't notice anything even slightly illegal. There was only one goonie walking around in a hoodie and a trench coat--if you are reading this sir, I want you to know you look like A COMPLETE IDIOT and we all know you couldn't do two pushups.

ghost
03-01-2008, 1:01 PM
:TFH::TFH::TFH:

lol!:D

Heatseeker
03-01-2008, 5:48 PM
Uh, the Cow Palace isn't exactly in the best part of town. I haven't been there in 10 years but, there was a housing project very close by.

Yea, like right across Geneva! The Swampy D(Sunnydale) projects are among the most notorious in the City. The cops don't even like going in there after dark unless absolutely necessary(I was told this by a SFPD officer several years ago). You'd think there would be plenty of crime to fight there instead of wasting time and taxpayer money at the CP!

dfletcher
03-01-2008, 7:01 PM
Saw on the news this morning that there has been more and more talk of tearing down the Cow Palace. The fact that the Beatles played there and they have a Rodeo, gun show, etc. just isn't cutting it any more in justifying it - the space could be much better put to use with a large shopping center.

I don't know if it is their sole motivation - kind of doubt it with the fairly large amounts of money that have to be involved - but if the CP is torn down or renovated, I'd expect some sort of "no firearms for sale display " to be part of their governing rules. Or handing over the grounds to the city, which will amount to the same thing.