View Full Version : Price check on a H&K SR9T

02-25-2008, 8:49 PM
My buddy wants to sell his NIB SR9T. This rifle was originaly bought in CA and is owned by a Californian. But is being stored out of state. I would like to see it come back.I would think it would be legal for him to slap a bullet button on it and bring it back and sell it here. Any idea what they are going for? NIB never fired or handled.

02-26-2008, 11:04 AM
NIB SR9T (original T model from HK) will fetch you between $3500 for the rifle only, to $5000 with the rifle, scope and HK accessories.

I own a SR9, and it is legal to bring into California since it is not listed under the Category 1 AW (none of the SR9 models are listed) then you will be fine.

You will still need to either install a Magg Lock from Radd or disassemble the rifle and bring it or have it shipped to CA where the lower trigger assembly is removed from the rifle. If you ship it parted out, I would suggest shipping the trigger assembly seperate from the rifle.

Plus any high capacity magazines of more than 10 rounds cannot be brought into CA legally, unless they are disassembled and will only be used for parts or will be modified into a 10 round only magazine before reassembly.

Hope this helps.

02-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Trying searching the strumgewehr.com semi-auto & parts board for pricing. You can build up a regular SR9 into a T or TC by adding the PSG1 grip/trigger and either a MSG90 or PSG1 stock.

Price on the discontinued HK items seems to appreciate more because of their "collectability" than actual performance. I know there's a certain mystic to HK products but at $3500 for a SR9T a target version of the AR10 will probably be more accurate and cheaper.

02-26-2008, 2:08 PM
The SR9 stock can be thumbhole-plugged for CA legality too.
While I love HK products, the PRT91 line can be had at 1/3-1/4 the price, and is pretty darn close. IMO, you're paying for collectibility and bragging rights, unless you get a killer deal on the HK.

02-26-2008, 6:25 PM
Thanks for the replys.