PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in HK sights on AK rifles??

JPglee1
02-25-2008, 8:48 PM
http://www.fbmginc.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/42eabeca09da45cce6525eebf87667bd.jpg

I have a couple ideas about how to do this... depending on owner preference, budget and LOP of stock...

A) Use G3 drum as shown above

B) Use side mount QD scope mount with low profile AR-type BUIS on rail

C) Attach G3 or maybe FAL type sight at the rear TANG area of stock....

On my personal SAIGA (9 days to go...tick tick tick...hate waiting) Im going for option #1 and I plan to use my rifle as a jig for all the conversions I do using the "A" method...

I also plan to offer a piece of steel PIC rail that replaces the OEM rear sight for a nice place to mount a red dot (I LOVE the doktor) and have it co-witness with the new AK sights..

Im also looking into putting the HK triple frame onto the SAIGA system like shown above. If nothing else I could definitely precision weld the sight to the front gas block and get some excellent sights. Ive also thought about use AR-15 sights pressed on the barrel for maximum sight radius (using shims of course)...

Input and feedback appreciated. I'm thinking about $50 to do the swap if you supply a top cover. The G3 sights are $20 outright (no markup) so I'd do the labor for about $50.00..... Id beef up the cover to makesure it doesn't rock, do the welding and then repaint it.

INPUT WANTED... Be honest.

J

MustangO4
02-25-2008, 8:50 PM
I'd buy the sights off you for the $20+ your markup, but I would weld them on myself. That's just me though

JPglee1
02-25-2008, 8:54 PM
I'd buy the sights off you for the $20+ your markup, but I would weld them on myself. That's just me though

That would be OK with me, but Id like to let you see MY work before you decide that...remember I have access to TIG welder now :D

But really if you just wanna do it yourself, send me a PM and Ill tell you where to get the parts.

J

rssslvr
02-25-2008, 9:06 PM
JP's welding skills are real good. Would I let him weld on my gun? You bet

Bladewurk
02-25-2008, 9:32 PM
Hell yeah but I need a Saiga 12 first!
And I just bought a Benelli M2 so gotta wait awhile.......

Hoping to snag one in March!

Racefiend
02-26-2008, 1:19 AM
The AK may not be a very accurate weapon, but IMO welding the rear site on the top cover is only going to make it worse. Some of those top covers have quite a bit of play in the fit.

Josh3239
02-26-2008, 1:58 PM
My thoughts exactly Racefiend. Those top covers aren't very stable.

SunriseF150
02-26-2008, 2:23 PM
^ Yep. It does look pretty cool though. But I like the AK for what it is. There are plenty of other guns out there to make them look taticool.

Just wondering though, how would you work out the front sight? I'm clueless on what you got going on above in your pic (as far as the front sight).