PDA

View Full Version : Engraving "California Legal" good idea??

Ricehater
02-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Would i be breaking any laws doing this?
I think it might help if confronted by a LEO.
What do you guys think????

FEDUPWBS
02-25-2008, 10:16 AM
How about "approved by Iggy Chin personally!" That ought to satisify any LEA/LEO with a quickness as they tremble in thier boots;) Engrave whatever you want on it! You are free to exercise your 1st amd. rights as well because by god this is America!

Hopi
02-25-2008, 10:21 AM
What about..... "DOJ2008: Approved for Sale by the State of California"

Ricehater
02-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Also does anyone know of a place in Socal that does engraving on firearms??
I called a trophy place and told them i needed a firearm engraved and i think the guy soiled his underwear... he said he "might do it" but wanted to know exactly why i needed this done.. i tried to explain to him that it wasnt a whole rifle just a small part... i think if i had told him what i wanted it to say he would have said no

aplinker
02-25-2008, 11:08 AM
Why not engrave, "EBR - EVIL BABYKILLING RIFLE" instead?

Both have the same effect. I would LOVE to see the look on an LEOs face with either.

Riodog
02-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Ricehater,

Where are you located?
Did you want deep engraving or Lazer engraving.

Maybe one of the members thats a machinist with a cnc mill would do it for you.

I have a company that does my product by I don't know about receivers.
Rio

ROCKETW19
02-25-2008, 2:55 PM

IMO thats not a bad idea. It might help with the retard LEO that dont know any better. The ones that know will just laugh, but who cares as long as your not going to jail for nuttin.

4D5auto
02-25-2008, 3:07 PM
When I had unmachined AR lowers, I took off and sanded all flashing marks from the mold and stamped R&R on the select fire group of said lowers. It said, Fire, Safe, R&R. In otherwords, it is not ileagle to stamp, carve, ingrave on a firearm.

FlyingPen
02-25-2008, 3:32 PM
That's kind of a funny and potentially good idea.

Engrave it:

California-15
AB2233.B Legal

Or whatever that legal code is.

-hanko
02-25-2008, 4:17 PM
No.

I don't think it would help any more than having a binder full of paperwork.

No idea if it would help if confronted by a leo...try telling the cop in 1 or 2 sentences why your weapon is legal in CA. If you can't do that, keep practicing.;)

Given how many reports we see here with actual confrontations, I think your concern might be a little overboard. OTOH, if you feel better, it's your gun, not mine.

-hanko

mymonkeyman
02-25-2008, 4:33 PM
About as useful as writing "This is not Crack" on a baggy of rock candy you carry around.

bohoki
02-25-2008, 4:39 PM
dont think there is any law against it as long as you do not obscure teh manufacturer,model or serial

paradox
02-25-2008, 4:55 PM

It will help as much with the cops as putting "Type R" stickers on your car will help your quarter mile time.

DWill
02-25-2008, 5:11 PM
About as useful as writing "This is not Crack" on a baggy of rock candy you carry around.

I love this place. It's always good for a laugh.

tenpercentfirearms
02-25-2008, 7:18 PM
I decided as a dealer not to have any customer guns engraved with anything like "California Legal" on it because I did not want a customer to buy one and then turn it into an assault weapon and try to explain to a smart cop that it was fine because it said, "California Legal" on it.

For your own personal firearm, go for it. I decided it wasn't worth the risk on a production run.