PDA

View Full Version : OLL 22LR Builds ... Can you use hicap mags?

Hitman
02-24-2008, 10:17 PM
I have several Ceiner 30rnd mags (yes I had them before 2000) and a dedicated Spikes 22LR upper. I have been thinking about building a dedicated lower for it instead of using it on my registered AR.

I have been looking into the OLL lower marked 22LR and was wondering if it was ok to use my hicap mags on this kind of build with collapsable stocks, pistol grips, flashhiders, blah blah. :confused:

bohoki
02-24-2008, 10:44 PM
this brings up a kind of weird scenario

i have the army conversion kit with the 10 round inserts ,the problem is they do not fit in 10 round magazines

could a person assemble a high capacity replacement part kit for the use of using the conversion 10 round mag insert

bigthaiboy
02-25-2008, 12:32 AM
Rimfire long guns is exempt from PC 12276.1, so you can use your legally owned hi-caps on your dedicated .22LR rifle with as many "evil" features as you care to fit to it. Only restriction is it has to be OAL of 26", which isn't really a problem with any 16" or 20" barrel AR builds.

WhiteDingo
02-25-2008, 12:35 AM

i have the army conversion kit with the 10 round inserts ,the problem is they do not fit in 10 round magazines

could a person assemble a high capacity replacement part kit for the use of using the conversion 10 round mag insert

As long as the replacement parts kit is never assembled in an illegal configuration, I believe it's fine. So if the removing the 10 rd mag insert would make the magazine into an illegal high capacity mag, I'd reccomend you find a way of modifying the magazines to be permanent (but still cleanable, etc) with the inserts.

aplinker
02-25-2008, 12:36 AM
Yes, the use of hi-caps on any .22lr is fine.

We've discussed this before.

Don't use a working 223 mag if you need to do this and don't possess legal hi-caps. Modify it in such a way it can hold the insert without being functional in a normal way.

DedEye
02-25-2008, 1:03 AM

Use a 10/30 magazine.

Hitman
02-25-2008, 7:26 AM
Thanks for the input guys...

Looks like I will be looking for a 22LR marked lower soon...:D

bohoki
02-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Yes, the use of hi-caps on any .22lr is fine.

We've discussed this before.

Don't use a working 223 mag if you need to do this and don't possess legal hi-caps. Modify it in such a way it can hold the insert without being functional in a normal way.

i'm confused why can i not possess legal hi-caps?

aplinker
02-25-2008, 12:09 PM
i'm confused why can i not possess legal hi-caps?

I said that if you don't possess legal hi-caps, then don't make one to use with your .22lr conversion kit.