PDA

View Full Version : Great NEWS! Airsoft stocks will work on the GSG-5!

Solidsnake87
02-24-2008, 8:14 PM
My theories were confirmed today upon reading some threads on AR-15.com and HKPro. Airsoft stocks will work on the GSG-5 rifle! They only require slight dremel work on the pin holes to get them to line up. I had a feeling that Classic Army stock products would be the best airsoft goodies for the job because they are made of metal.....the thread I read also show this to be true. At this point only the Classic Army side-folder and collapsing stock have been used. Both work flawlessly and have a greater durability than the standard GSG stock. I know I'm going to be driving by airsoftextreme when I pick up my GSG in a week!

For those interested in such stocks, just cruise ebay for some Classic Army stock sets or go to airsoftextreme.com. Airsoft scope mounta also work and are much cheaper (20 for a really nice one) than a HK or B&T mount.

For pics of a CA stock check this out
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=11&t=237853

gose
02-24-2008, 8:19 PM
omgwtfbbq!

jumbopanda
02-24-2008, 8:25 PM
Never thought airsoft parts would be an upgrade on a real gun.

Solidsnake87
02-24-2008, 8:33 PM
I just finished reading all sorts of bad stories about the standard stock. In short, it sucks BAWLS. Several people have had them split in two after a couple lubes/take-downs. Since the GSG folding/collapsing stock will be from their airsoft line anyways, I might as well just pick one up locally at AEX. The gun itself though looks to be a real performer out of the box though. :D

Quiet
02-24-2008, 11:36 PM
FYI. The airsoft MP5 collapsable stocks cover the ejection port of the GSG5 when the stock is collapsed.

Solidsnake87
02-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Yeah. I saw that too! Its ok, the CA stocks are 3 position so it won't be an issue.

technique
02-25-2008, 12:06 AM
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

apbrian112
02-25-2008, 12:23 AM

haha :D seriously huh... well, i guess the gsg5's the exception to the rule.

aplinker
02-25-2008, 12:24 AM
So, let me get this straight.

You have a $500 .22lr rifle that's minimally accurate, has a stock that falls apart and mags cost a fortune and then have to be manually modified by the user... and now you're excited about it being compatible with airsoft parts?

Everything I'm hearing makes me think a dedicated or Ciener kit AR is still the way to go.

I'll stick with my HK94 clone.

DedEye
02-25-2008, 1:07 AM

My thoughts exactly.

Sheldon
02-25-2008, 6:49 AM

You have a $500 .22lr rifle that's minimally accurate, has a stock that falls apart and mags cost a fortune and then have to be manually modified by the user... and now you're excited about it being compatible with airsoft parts?

Everything I'm hearing makes me think a dedicated or Ciener kit AR is still the way to go.

I have thought the same. Not to be a hater or anything....but damn that's a lot of money for a rifle that looks cool. :eek:

Ballistic043
02-25-2008, 6:56 AM
500 dollars is alot? heheh, thats the least i'd spend on a handgun.

Pugster
02-25-2008, 6:58 AM
Say no more; everytime you say GSG makes me want to get one :(

Solidsnake87
02-25-2008, 7:58 AM
I get a kick out of the airsoft haters. lol. Please realize that all airsoft guns are NOT equal. There are crappy guns that you spend $10 on and really fancy high end ones that can for $250-600 for base models. The Classic Army and Tokyo Marui airsoft guns are the highest end and most reliable ones on the market. I used to be pretty hardcore into the stuff so I know what I'm talking about. The stock is crap on the gsg-5 but every user has had nothing but praise regarding its reliability. Simply replace the stock or be easy on it and its good to go. It might be pricey but the fun factor is much higher than any other .22 out there. I've never heard any reports of minimal accuracy. From the many reports I've read it will nab 1 inch groups at 25 yards which is pretty good for a plinker. I'm sure higher quality ammo with a decent scope would only improve that.

It nice to be able to use airsoft parts for a change. It keeps the costs down. A lot of the parts, like foreward grips and rail panels, are just as good as the real deal and much cheaper. I can get a set of 8 CA rail panels with the Knight's Armament logo on them and you'd never be able to tell the difference from the real version--except for the gillion dollar cost difference. I use them on one of my ARs--the set only ran me $20. lol. Thanks to this discovery on AR15.com airsoft demand has gone up lots. MP5 stocks for CA or TM are becoming hard to find for under $60. I just secured a deal with an airsofter for a ca one at $25. :D. I got out of airsoft a year ago. I'm still holding onto a custom job I built but I never ever thought that having some airsoft contacts would come in handy for real steel. lol.

Chunky_lover
02-25-2008, 9:05 AM
Who knows maybe you can put real gun parts in these airsoft guns and make a cheap saturday night special, use once then its destroyed.

THE 0NE
02-25-2008, 9:56 AM
you would be surprised how many people have airsoft parts on real guns. i see it all the time from rails to sights.

JBird33
02-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Not my cup of tea.

FlyingPen
02-25-2008, 12:41 PM

Yup. I handled one at a gun show and thought it was ridiculous that it was $500. It should be about $250-$300 at most for how cheap it felt.

$1200 for a CA-94 is a much better investment or $900 for a RRA LAR-9.