acolytes
02-24-2008, 12:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCpgj6z6h7I&feature=related

ivanimal
02-24-2008, 12:37 AM
Yeah they are beasts alright.

acolytes
02-24-2008, 12:52 AM
The end of the video was what impressed me.

J_Rock
02-24-2008, 1:10 AM
The end of the video was what impressed me.

You mean "you can dump it in water and sand. Have it get run over by a humvee and still work, but all that is pointless because of itscrap accuracy"

that made my day

02-24-2008, 1:41 AM
I need to stop reading youtube comments before bed. Angries up the blood. :mad:

rg_1111@yahoo.com
02-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Might not have the best accuracy. It goes bang everytime.
It was not built for Accuracy.

berg
02-24-2008, 11:27 AM
I need to stop reading youtube comments before bed. Angries up the blood. :mad:

Why do you care what some retard kid says?

This is who posts those lame comments on youtube:
http://rofl.wheresthebeef.co.uk/Emo%20Kid%20Real.jpg

virulosity
02-24-2008, 1:21 PM
Accuracy isn't as important as people make it to be in modern combat. The video said that it was designed aroung a 300m range. Realistically, I think it is a great weapon at distances less than 100m such as urban areas and narrow canyons of Iraq and Afganistan. This is where it really shines. And the fact that you can make the receiver out of sheet metal.

acolytes
02-24-2008, 3:07 PM
In a realistic combat situation, you will be engaging your targets at no further then 200 meters. I can easily hit a man sized target at around that range with iron sights, and thats good enough for me. I'm not shooting apples off someone's head at 400 meters so all that "accuracy" stuff isn't an issue with me. An AK is a combat rifle, thats what it was made for plain and simple. In a combat is SHTF situation I want something that goes bang everytime I pull the trigger.

CALI-gula
02-24-2008, 3:17 PM
Accuracy on an AK: Let's hypothetically say 100 or even 200 meters.

If you aim for their chest, yet it hits them in the head, hits them in the nuts, or nails either shoulder or arm instead --- that's all you need. And by the way; shoot again. ;)

What is this demand for accuracy supposedly so necessary in combat? It's nice to have, but even when moderate accuracy is the best case scenario, most AKs will do what is expected at 100 or even 200 meters. This isn't a competition with paper - anywhere you hit is going to hurt your target. Hit a guy in the foot when you aimed for his chest, and he's not going to walk very well.

I will say this about the video though; as I was anticipating and anxious for them to mention Arsenal Inc. when they mentioned a "Las Vegas AK" and did say it, the Arsenal Inc. SAM-7 is a completely different creature than your average southern european or asian AK - you're talking about an AK that looks like SIG or Walther made it. Accuracy IS not unlike a well made AR-15. Second, the one used in the run-over-test in the video by the "Humvee" is a milled receiver - it's more than easy to see the milled slots on each side. I would not have that much faith in a stamped receiver operating as well in the aftermath, should a "humvee" run over it with both side wheels twice.