PDA

View Full Version : akpartskit review?

inda_bebe
02-23-2008, 10:04 PM
has anyone purchased kits from akpartskit.com?

http://akpartskits.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6_16

i was thinking about just getting a barrel from them, but i saw how low on cost there kits were, so i just thought about trying out one of there kits.

anyone have any comments on this?

jandmtv
02-23-2008, 10:20 PM
sorry, don't mean to thread jack, but for everyone that said if anyone makes a chrome lined 7.62x39 AR upper, they would get it.....here you go

http://akpartskits.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_16&products_id=287

a whole rifle kit for $439, you need to add $50 for chrome lined chamber and barrel for a grand total of $489 for the whole kit, minus lower.

EDIT: or you can get just the upper for $319 + $50 for chrome lining, this option does not include bcg, not a bad price for a plinker!

http://akpartskits.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_17&products_id=313

inda_bebe
02-24-2008, 7:38 AM
what about magazines? i hear that you can use a 30 rnd .223 mag to fit 10 7.62 rnds.

bruss01
02-24-2008, 7:58 AM
I thought flash hiders were no-go in CA? Both of those uppers come with flash hiders. Specifically says FH, not muzzle brake.

Still, if one can work around that issue, these look promising.

vf111
02-24-2008, 10:57 AM
I"ve purchased from them before. No worries here; they have great service.

blackberg
02-24-2008, 11:19 AM
sorry, don't mean to thread jack, but for everyone that said if anyone makes a chrome lined 7.62x39 AR upper, they would get it.....here you go

http://akpartskits.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_16&products_id=287

a whole rifle kit for $439, you need to add $50 for chrome lined chamber and barrel for a grand total of $489 for the whole kit, minus lower.

EDIT: or you can get just the upper for $319 + $50 for chrome lining, this option does not include bcg, not a bad price for a plinker!

http://akpartskits.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_17&products_id=313

Must Resist:eek:

jandmtv
02-24-2008, 11:21 AM
I thought flash hiders were no-go in CA? Both of those uppers come with flash hiders. Specifically says FH, not muzzle brake.

Still, if one can work around that issue, these look promising.

flash hiders are fine, as long as your rifle is configured with a mag lock, like a bullet button, or a p50.

jandmtv
02-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Must Resist:eek:

give into the temptation!! lol :D

i was actually looking at the upper last night, and it will cost you more money to buy just the upper with the BCG, than the whole rifle kit. Go figure.

jandmtv
02-24-2008, 11:26 AM
what about magazines? i hear that you can use a 30 rnd .223 mag to fit 10 7.62 rnds.

from what i've heard, standard ar mags do not feed reliably. but C Products released 10 round 7.62 mags, you can use those.

gunrun45
02-24-2008, 12:19 PM
http://akpartskits.com/contact.html

They are Blackthorne Products.

Above link goes to their customer service contact page.

blackberg
02-24-2008, 1:32 PM
give into the temptation!! lol :D

i was actually looking at the upper last night, and it will cost you more money to buy just the upper with the BCG, than the whole rifle kit. Go figure.

yeah I saw that, thats what makes it tempting
but after seeign this:
http://akpartskits.com/contact.html

They are Blackthorne Products.

Above link goes to their customer service contact page.

It just made it easier, i dont know, who wants to be Guniea Pig?

I cant since my parts will just sit for a bit and i wont have time to take advantage of their return policy

cj cake
02-24-2008, 2:28 PM
yeah I saw that, thats what makes it tempting
but after seeign this:

It just made it easier, i dont know, who wants to be Guniea Pig?

I cant since my parts will just sit for a bit and i wont have time to take advantage of their return policy

Been there, done that. I had a discussion with a friend about building up a kit from the cheapest parts to see if you could get it done for under $600.00. After a few leads from some people on Calguns we figured it could be done if we ordered from these guys. Well, I never intended to purchase from them because I believe you get what you pay for, but after a little pursuasion from mt buddy, we went halfers on the kit to see what we would get. Well here's what happened....

Purchased: Rifle Kit, Carbine, A3 upper, 16"
$389.00

Total price including shipping: $417.00

Well the first problem was that I could not complete the transaction on their website. After a call to the customer service dept. I had learned it was a problem they had and it had been fixed. I placed the order and waited for the shipping confermation. I was told the kit would arrive in one week via UPS ground. well after the week I check up on the kit. It never shipped. I guess they hab been too busy because of the Shot Show. I was given a new tracking number and waited. Less than a week later the box showed up.

The kit was boxed with no real padding or protection, just some wadded-up newspaper. As a result the barrel had a scuff mark on it from rubbing on the other parts. The kit was complete. The upper was not the best looking. The finish was a little rough and there were a few dings, and or pits under the finish. The barrel had a few metal particles in it so the whole things got a good cleaning.

After that I have had no real issues with it. It fit the lower just fine and the lower parts kit looks just like a stag kit. Everthing works.

Total price: Lauer LMT LCW-15 lower $85.00
Shipping, Dros on lower $31.00
Blackthorne kit $417.00
Total $533.00

I will update as soon as I shoot it. I am not disapointed in this rifle as it was an experiment and will be just a plinker since I bo not have much into it. I still have to put on a rear sight so the total will be up a few more bucks.

blackberg
02-24-2008, 3:09 PM
The kit was boxed with no real padding or protection, just some wadded-up newspaper. As a result the barrel had a scuff mark on it from rubbing on the other parts. The kit was complete. The upper was not the best looking. The finish was a little rough and there were a few dings, and or pits under the finish. The barrel had a few metal particles in it so the whole things got a good cleaning.

Ive ordered a couple of uppers from bushmaster an they were shipped the same.

well it doesnt sound *too* bad, if function works, then the finish doesnt really matter that much to me.

the weird thing is its $30 cheaper to buy the kit than the upper and bolt assembly seperate :confused:

jandmtv
02-24-2008, 3:59 PM
the weird thing is its $30 cheaper to buy the kit than the upper and bolt assembly seperate :confused:

yup, weird.

but they seem to be the only place to get a chrome lined 7.62x39 AR upper from. Their price for the kit plus the $50 for the chrome bore is still less than what most charge for a non chrome upper alone. like i said, it seems like a pretty good plinker setup.