PDA

View Full Version : OLL in Fresno...

timmyb21
02-23-2008, 10:04 PM
...is there any shop around (2 hour drive any direction) that has them in stock, I don't want to try and find someone to transfer one to me for an outrageous price. Help please...Tim

sergeantrex
02-23-2008, 10:18 PM
There's a guy in Clovis that sells OLL's but he won't touch anything AK
Breco's 559-322-1710. Tell him Sergeantrex sent ya;)

jamesob
02-23-2008, 10:18 PM
...is there any shop around (2 hour drive any direction) that has them in stock, I don't want to try and find someone to transfer one to me for an outrageous price. Help please...Tim
if you find one you want you can buy it and my neibhor will do the transfer for you. he has done a few for me and charges a total of 50 dollars. or you can have him get it for you and he charges the normal dros fee. i have found its best if i buy it direct and have it shipped to him. it saves a little bit of money and he is very happy doing it that way. if you dont care to drive to exeter thats where he is. message me if your interested and i'll give you his number. he doesnt stock them but he will get it for you.

larryb
02-24-2008, 6:14 AM
Rob at Breco in Clovis is your best bet. He usually stocks lower receivers, BB or Prince 50, lower parts kits and a U15 stock. If you feel like driving a few hours, take a trip to Taft to see Wes at 10% for a wide variety(just about everything you can think of) for AR parts and accessories.

strega7
02-24-2008, 12:07 PM
If you feel like driving a few hours, take a trip to Taft to see Wes at 10% for a wide variety(just about everything you can think of) for AR parts and accessories.I'll second the trip to Taft. I'm from the Fresno area and have 2 OLL's waiting for me at 10%! Outstanding service and I'm more that happy to support someone who's willing to have all the "good" stuff in stock.

timmyb21
02-24-2008, 12:09 PM
Rob at Breco in Clovis is your best bet. He usually stocks lower receivers, BB or Prince 50, lower parts kits and a U15 stock. If you feel like driving a few hours, take a trip to Taft to see Wes at 10% for a wide variety(just about everything you can think of) for AR parts and accessories.

I heard about these guys but didn't realize they actually stocked lowers! I'll have to pay them a visit this week. Thanks a lot!

02-24-2008, 12:51 PM
You're about an hour away from Boa's Minnow Farm in Woodlake.

FEDUPWBS
02-24-2008, 1:04 PM
There's a guy in Clovis that sells OLL's but he won't touch anything AK
Breco's 559-322-1710. Tell him Sergeantrex sent ya;)

Dont buy $#it from him until he steps up and follows the law and performs LEGAL PPT/Transfer of OLL[EDIT as in NDS,DSA,PTR etc]! Its time we make these vendors do what they are supposed to. These dealers have thier hands in the cookie jar and turning quite a profit but only do ( in thier self imposed ignorance ) what they feel is "safe". All or nothing BABY!

jamesob
02-24-2008, 2:03 PM
You're about an hour away from Boa's Minnow Farm in Woodlake.

the last i heard boas wont do oll receivers unless they have changed their minds. my friend in exeter is who i use.

FEDUPWBS
02-24-2008, 2:47 PM
Just got off the phone with Hank in Exeter. Super nice man. He will dros any stripped OFF LIST receiver for $50 ea. Including DSA, NDS, etc. Same for standard riflles and shotguns. His email is lhoneil@verizon.net Include the word gunbroker in the title so it will go by the filters.

cj cake
02-24-2008, 2:54 PM
I was in Boa's last night. The guy who runs it is buying the business from the current owner. I talked to him about the OLL market and he will be stocking them soon along with parts. This will be in a month or so. He seems to be up on the current info regarding OLL and BB, prince 50, MMG, u-15, etc.

RifleMan-14
02-24-2008, 3:20 PM
Liberty Firearms in Reedley carries OLL's last time i was there they had a lauer, POF.308, POF 415 i was there looking for an m1a and was surprised to see they had lowers so i purchased the 415

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5742/pofbt9.th.jpg (http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pofbt9.jpg)

call and ask what they have in stock
http://libertyfirearms.net/

3GunFunShooter
02-24-2008, 5:06 PM
Wes at 10% in Taft.
He is one of the main reasons we can get an OLL.
I drove 4.5 hours one way 2 years ago to get mine from him.v Back when it was "TWO WEEKS"

Technowizard
02-24-2008, 6:59 PM
I bought a couple Doublestars from Breco's back in 06... I thought he was good guy and at the time he was also one of the cheapest... he felt bad he said for charging $150, and thats when they were going for $250+!

I'd recommend him... that and he's the only one I know thats local. :)

02-24-2008, 7:40 PM
the last i heard boas wont do oll receivers unless they have changed their minds. my friend in exeter is who i use.

I was in Boa's last night. The guy who runs it is buying the business from the current owner. I talked to him about the OLL market and he will be stocking them soon along with parts. This will be in a month or so. He seems to be up on the current info regarding OLL and BB, prince 50, MMG, u-15, etc.

I dunno. I purchased my CMMG receiver there, and I'm pretty sure they're AK-OK, but they wouldn't touch Saigas the last time I was in.

sharpshot4life89
02-24-2008, 8:39 PM
robs a good guy, he got my build started... but speaking of near fresno, does anybody do AK's?

Grouch
02-24-2008, 8:45 PM
robs a good guy, he got my build started... but speaking of near fresno, does anybody do AK's?

only 10%

tenpercentfirearms
02-24-2008, 8:49 PM
Come down and see us. You will find the trip well worth while. We stock all sorts of goodies.

timmyb21
02-24-2008, 9:09 PM
Come down and see us. You will find the trip well worth while. We stock all sorts of goodies.This may be a stupid question, but...where the hell is Taft? Down towards Bakersfield? What is t your street address, I'll mapquest it.

Technowizard
02-24-2008, 9:50 PM
This may be a stupid question, but...where the hell is Taft? Down towards Bakersfield? What is t your street address, I'll mapquest it.

el clicko his linko... its in his sig! :D

But yes, its by Bakersfield.

DJMAN
02-24-2008, 10:07 PM
Dont buy $#it from him until he steps up and follows the law and performs LEGAL PPT/Transfer of OLL[EDIT as in NDS,DSA,PTR etc]! Its time we make these vendors do what they are supposed to. These dealers have thier hands in the cookie jar and turning quite a profit but only do ( in thier self imposed ignorance ) what they feel is "safe". All or nothing BABY!

Im going to have to agree with FEDUP on this one. If your going to take our money, sell us what is legal.

Technowizard
02-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Im going to have to agree with FEDUP on this one. If your going to take our money, sell us what is legal.

I have to disagree with you on this... its his business and his choice. If he's not confortable with it then he shouldn't be forced to do it. Breco has been dealing with OLL since the near beginning. At least he's dealing with AR OLL... I wouldn't complain since so many dealers are not/will not touch any of it! :mad:

tenpercentfirearms
02-25-2008, 5:32 AM
Taft is by Bakersfield.

Ten Percent Firearms
1277 Kern Street
Taft, CA 93268