View Full Version : How do you replace Gas tube with Quad Rail Aluminum Free Float Handguard installed

02-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Need to replace Gas tube but the upper Barrel assembly has a Quad Rail Aluminum Free Float CAR Handguard installed. What are the steps in replacing the Gas tube? Hopefully one doesn't have to disassemble the upper Barrel assembly :( What tools should one use? It's not like popping the plastic Handguards off!

02-23-2008, 10:06 PM
sounds to me like you need to remove the FSB, have you tried punching out the pin that holds the gas tube in the fsb and pulling out the gas tube out from inside the upper receiver? that might work too.

02-23-2008, 11:24 PM
You'll definitely have to remove the FSB and MIGHT have to remove the rail. It's usually attached with set screws or bolts to the barrel nut.

If you don't feel comfortable and are in the Los Angeles area, PM ar15barrels.

02-24-2008, 10:59 PM
Where are you located? If in Sac area, PM me.:)