PDA

View Full Version : Glendale Gun Show

tmodesto
02-23-2008, 9:31 PM
Anyone ever been in Glendale Guns Show? Is it worth going?

odesskiy
02-23-2008, 11:39 PM
If you like beef jerky...

chrisktn
02-24-2008, 12:29 AM
If you like beef jerky...

+1 on that. Lots of beef jerky sale. :D

I'd say it's almost the same in size and participation as the gun shows by Crossroads of the West (the ones at Ontario, Costa Mesa and Del Mar), especially considering that the exhibitors are mostly just the same usual suspects you see on either shows.

I go to whatever gun show I can, primarily to replenish supplies.

That's just my $0.02.

The SoCal Gunner
02-24-2008, 1:44 AM
I've been twice and enjoyed them. Smaller than the Costa Mesa show but the venue is smaller. Pretty much has everything I need so no problems here. Always nice to support what gunshows we have left.

jandmtv
02-24-2008, 2:05 AM
i always stock up on ammo when i go there, not really good for anything els. if you go, check out the Bulls Eye table, that guy only goes to the glendale gun show, and his ammo prices are usually the lowest of the whole bunch.

dvsdev
02-24-2008, 2:12 AM
i always stock up on ammo when i go there, not really good for anything els. if you go, check out the Bulls Eye table, that guy only goes to the glendale gun show, and his ammo prices are usually the lowest of the whole bunch.

Can you tell me how much 9mm bullets go for from this guy and are they reloaded? I'm debating about going; the only thing I need is more 9mm ammo.

thomasanelson
02-24-2008, 9:03 AM
Can you tell me how much 9mm bullets go for from this guy and are they reloaded? I'm debating about going; the only thing I need is more 9mm ammo.

Do you mean cartridges or bullets?

brassburnz
02-24-2008, 9:04 AM

Bullseye 9mm are reloads, but they are the best shooting hardball rounds for my Glock 17 and G34. I usually buy 1,000 round cans for around $110+, but prices have been going up on ammo evrywhere.

loosewreck
02-24-2008, 9:23 AM
Hey Folks,

I'm new to forums but I've been shooting pistols for about a decade. Don't mean to hi jack the post, but I live in Eagle Rock and am very interested in maybe picking up a used G34 or 17 or Sig 225/p6, I'm hoping I might be able to do so at the next Glendale Show.

Do any of you have any info on the availability of police trade-ins at these Glendale shows.

I look forward to reading your replies.

Thanks

aplinker
02-24-2008, 9:42 AM
Gun shows are really no longer what they once were.

CA gun shows don't really have firearms. Much more parts/accessories.

You would have a hard time finding something specific or at a price that I'd consider reasonable.

You're much better off hanging out here and watching the For Sale forums.

loosewreck
02-24-2008, 9:52 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.

That is disappointing to hear, so what should we first time attendants expect from California shows.

Outside of jerky and ammo is there anything worth looking forward to or to take advantage of?

I will still attended, even if it's just to support the event.

Dig your avatar btw.

aplinker
02-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Thanks. :D

There are always guns there, but it's no promised land. If Cold War Shooters and others show, there will be some black rifle stuff to peruse.

Lots of surplus parts. Lots of knives. Lots of mags.

You'll enjoy the show. Just have low expectations and you'll be happier.

erliban
02-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Any good gun shows in Norcal, especially in SF bay area? Thanks.

loosewreck
02-24-2008, 11:21 AM
erliban,

I hope this will help.

http://www.gunshows-usa.com/california.htm

uclaplinker,

Every time I see your avatar I hear the tune in my head and remember rapid firing at that dog in frustration. Hard to believe its been over 20 years, wish I still had my NES... but I digress...

aplinker
02-24-2008, 11:29 AM
erliban,

I hope this will help.

http://www.gunshows-usa.com/california.htm

uclaplinker,

Every time I see your avatar I hear the tune in my head and remember rapid firing at that dog in frustration. Hard to believe its been over 20 years, wish I still had my NES... but I digress...

ha ha I never had to shoot the dog. I never missed. :cool:

not

loosewreck
02-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Sorry to go so far of the original post, is anyone aware of any shooting games on any of the current gaming systems which utilize an actual gun and if they're any good?

Sorry if I'm violating any rules with this post, I'm still pretty green when it comes to forums.

The SoCal Gunner
02-24-2008, 11:48 AM
Sorry to go so far of the original post, is anyone aware of any shooting games on any of the current gaming systems which utilize an actual gun and if they're any good?

Sorry if I'm violating any rules with this post, I'm still pretty green when it comes to forums.

Don't play much games anymore but I like the arcade game Time Crisis. I think they are out on the Playstation consoles but it ain't the same. I still have my NES and zapper but not sure if they'll work.

As for the gunshow, from what I remember, there are plenty of guns just not the best deals. You can always try to haggle and get vendors to throw in freebies but many of the smaller vendors refuse to go down on their prices. If you're lucky, you might find a private seller walking around with some good deals written on a piece of cardboard.

Either way, what's not to like about looking at guns and accessories?

aplinker
02-24-2008, 11:50 AM
5 posts and already you're gonna get the :ban:

Just kidding, no one really cares that much about tangents

this link might help
http://www.wiisworld.com/wii-games/Shooting/

with this
http://www.instaitems.com/products.asp?stid=7481&cat=VideoGames&product_id=120225002203

loosewreck
02-24-2008, 12:05 PM
The SoCal Gunner,

I totally agree with you on Time Crisis. I actually borrowed a friends set up a few years ago for my Play Station 1, it wasn't bad for what it was, too bad the home version didn't have the cycling slide though. I've always hoped a serious shooting game would come out that will utilize an Air Soft style pistol... imagine the possibilities. If anyone is interested in discussing this topic where would I post a thread for it on this forum.

BTW I hope your NES and blaster still works, much props if you even have the robot w/ Gyromite.

As for the Glendale Show I guess I'll expect the worse and hope for the best.

loosewreck
02-24-2008, 12:12 PM
uclaplinker

Thanks for the links. I can't wait to start researching the subject. It would be nice to have a good video game to get a quick shooting fix.

aplinker
02-24-2008, 12:28 PM
There are lots of variations for Wii guns. I've played a few. It's nice being cordless.

jandmtv
02-24-2008, 12:44 PM
last gun show, Bulls Eye was selling 9mm 50ct reloads and new 50ct boxes of Blazer Brass for $7 per pack, i always get .40s&w reloads from him, $150 for 1000drs.

he also sells .223 reloads, prices might have gone up now, but i paid $220 for 1k of 223. i've gone through 2k rounds of his 223 reloads, and never a single ftf or fte with his ammo.

Compact45
02-24-2008, 12:50 PM
they have various cell phones cases and jewelries too.

Exposed
02-24-2008, 1:59 PM
Gun shows are really no longer what they once were.

CA gun shows don't really have firearms. Much more parts/accessories.

You would have a hard time finding something specific or at a price that I'd consider reasonable.

You're much better off hanging out here and watching the For Sale forums.

+1! But still ok if you want to go and buy stuff like holsters, slings, knives and ammo. Everything else I can find better bargins on forums like this one, online stores like Buds, or private sales web sites like gunbroker.

brassburnz
02-24-2008, 2:23 PM
If you're looking for a new gun or LNIB you will not find any deals. If you're looking for a beater with lots of holster wear and maybe some dings and scratches, you might get lucky.

The only guns I've ever purchased at the Glendale show were from Rich's Firearms. I bought a well used Smith & Wesson Model 15 for less than $200. I also bought a Smith Model 10 for less than $200. Cosmetically, both guns were beaters, but mechanically, they were in very good to excellent shape.

Hey Folks,

I'm new to forums but I've been shooting pistols for about a decade. Don't mean to hi jack the post, but I live in Eagle Rock and am very interested in maybe picking up a used G34 or 17 or Sig 225/p6, I'm hoping I might be able to do so at the next Glendale Show.

Do any of you have any info on the availability of police trade-ins at these Glendale shows.

I look forward to reading your replies.

Thanks

loosewreck
02-24-2008, 3:37 PM
I'm looking forward to checking out some ammo bargains, especially for some decent JHPs at decent prices.

As for $200 for a model 15 or 10 beater, hey if its mechanically good or excellent I'll be more then willing to spend a couple hundred bucks. I've always found guns that I don't mind scratching up appealing. If they were pre-lock S&Ws it would even be better.

Thanks for all the replies, they're very enlightening.

dvsdev
02-24-2008, 5:20 PM
Do you mean cartridges or bullets?

I meant bullets. 1,000 for $110+ sounds pretty good.

Never been to a gun show...do they take credit cards or is it cash only?

PsychoTrucker
02-25-2008, 7:52 PM
I'm gonna be at the glendale show replenishing my 9mm supplies

saki302
02-26-2008, 4:43 AM
I usually go to buy ammo, and see 'old buddies' I've known for years :D It's hard to make it through any show these days without bumping into a few guys :) haha

Once in awhile you'll find something nice there- Rich's Arms usually has good deals, esp. on used guns, and I've known him for quite a few years- one of the good guys.

-Dave

!@#$
02-26-2008, 8:52 AM
Didn't Rich lose his FFL about a year ago?

SVT-40
02-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Rich's arms is no longer in business.

zatoh
02-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Yep, sadly Rich's in gone. He probably had the best deals even when compared to the Costa Mesa show. There is another guy, usually directly opposite the entrance on the far wall (if your looking at the stage the to the left of the stage) who has decent consignment guns for sale.

I'll probably be there. Who knows, I might luck into finding another Vz52 (non-Century bed liner black rifle) again! I think entrance fee is $8 ($7 w/coupon) and free parking so what the heck! Plus too I'm local so it's just 10 or so minutes away.

saki302
02-26-2008, 2:37 PM
Wow- that sucks! I hadn't seen Rich for awhile- I've been going to more out of state shows since C&R license is orth more there :P

I did notice he was missing from the last Glendale show,m but thought maybe he was busy or something :(

-Dave

danimonster
02-26-2008, 2:55 PM
I'm going with PsychoTrucker. Gotta get ready for the trip on the 14th.

:stupid:

hiyabrad
02-26-2008, 3:48 PM
If you like Beef Jerky is right. Our gun shows aren't worth it anymore unless you go to buy ammo. If I remember, there were two ammo vendors at the last show. Really disappointing.

capo
02-26-2008, 8:50 PM
Make sure you guys stop by the California State Military Reserve booth. I will be there, look for SPC Morelli. I may be hard to see, since I will be camouflaged and all. :)

Wyseguy
02-26-2008, 9:04 PM
I haven't been to the Glendale one in a long time, but I'll go just to pick up some ammo. If I'm fortunate enough to find a good buy on a used rifle, then I'll pick one up as well, but I'm not expecting anything.

PIRATE14
02-27-2008, 6:03 PM
We'll be there so.....ya it's worth going.........:D

What Just Happened?
02-28-2008, 7:15 PM
Will J&J be attending and doing their FFL thing? Sorry CWS, but J&J's is much, much closer.

brassburnz
02-28-2008, 9:33 PM
Rich's arms is no longer in business.

I am sorry to hear that. Rich and his crew kept the Glendale show interesting for me. Well at least Harry and Bullseye are still there and Hector from CWS have some nice black rifle toys to look at.

I'll be there early in the morning but only for an hour or so. Got to get ready for the hump they call the L.A. Marathon on Sunday.

apbrian112
02-28-2008, 10:59 PM
hey guys... before the glendale gun show happens just wanted to give you guys a head up: i purchased 1k rounds of bulls-eye's .223 reloads and shot off the first couple of hundred rounds with a couple of FTE's... i fired all of these without first trying to hand-cycle the reloads. when i attempted to hand cycle the loads i was unable to pull the bolt to the rear once the round had fully entered the chamber, it literraly wouldn't budge, i had to use a flat head screwdriver to pry the bolt to the rear, gaining access through the ejection port.
i explained the problem to randall (ar15barrels) and he told me to bring down some rounds to his shop and bring my uppers as well to see if there was something wrong with them. he first headspaced my uppers and found them to be well within specs. he then tested the ammo to verify the ammo was trimmed correctly and was of the correct dimensions. every single round he tested was out of spec: either too long, or the cases were too fat.
take this for what it's worth cus it seems several people here have had nothing but good experiences with their 223 reloads.
i can say from personal experience that the 9mm reloads shot through my xd9 service just fine and i will be purchasing more of those at the show on saturday.

jandmtv
02-29-2008, 1:24 AM
hmm, interesting, im down to my last 50 rounds from the 2k i purchased at the last gl gun show, and i have had 0 problems. my friend ran through his 1k in 2 weeks, also with no problems. but thanx for the info.

have you tried contacting Harry(owner) to see if he would swap out the ammo for a different batch? pm me if you need his number.

studiojon
02-29-2008, 9:44 AM
I hope this show is better than the last one... ill be there to pick up ammo Hopefully CWS will bring some goodies :chris:

apbrian112
02-29-2008, 10:49 AM
hmm, interesting, im down to my last 50 rounds from the 2k i purchased at the last gl gun show, and i have had 0 problems. my friend ran through his 1k in 2 weeks, also with no problems. but thanx for the info.

have you tried contacting Harry(owner) to see if he would swap out the ammo for a different batch? pm me if you need his number.

pm sent...

apbrian112
02-29-2008, 1:31 PM
just spoke to harry, owner of bullseye mfg, inc and he said he'd change them out, "no problem, bring them to the show and i'll take care of you"... i understand that their may be a bad batch from time to time, so i'm taking my remaining rounds to him at the gunshow. seems like an outstanding guy to do business with who is quick to remedy any problems you may have. my only mistake was not calling him earlier to change them out.

jandmtv
02-29-2008, 6:32 PM
just spoke to harry, owner of bullseye mfg, inc and he said he'd change them out, "no problem, bring them to the show and i'll take care of you"... i understand that their may be a bad batch from time to time, so i'm taking my remaining rounds to him at the gunshow. seems like an outstanding guy to do business with who is quick to remedy any problems you may have. my only mistake was not calling him earlier to change them out.

glad it worked out for you. i had no doubt about Harry making it right. i guess ill see you guys at the gun show.

brassburnz
02-29-2008, 11:44 PM
Harry is one of the good guys. I've been a customer of his for years.

dvsdev
03-01-2008, 3:23 AM
What does Harry and any other vendor sell the bullets in? (Eg. box, bag, can, crate) I plan on purchasing thousands of rounds, and I need a plan on how to transfer it to my car.

fuegoslow
03-01-2008, 9:28 AM
Get a foldable crate. Staples or office depot carry them. They have a retractible handle and wheels to carry heavy loads.

trigger_play
03-01-2008, 7:30 PM
i might go tomorrow for powder and primers

mr guns
03-01-2008, 7:53 PM
does bullseye shooter got a store or do they only go to gun shows? if so where is their store? I'm thinking purchasing thousands of 9mm.

What Just Happened?
03-01-2008, 8:05 PM
Bullseye had 1000 rounds of 9mm for $140 today. Miwalls had 1000 rounds for $145. They all have their ammo in surplus ammo cans. I purchased 1k rounds of 9mm from Miwall's (they take credit card) and chamber checked all of the rounds. They all look good and went in the barrel nicely.

jandmtv
03-02-2008, 1:56 AM
Bullseye had 1000 rounds of 9mm for $140 today. Miwalls had 1000 rounds for $145. They all have their ammo in surplus ammo cans. I purchased 1k rounds of 9mm from Miwall's (they take credit card) and chamber checked all of the rounds. They all look good and went in the barrel nicely.

didnt miwall also charge tax? bulls eye doesnt.

as for the store, no, they dont, he doesnt really do sales to consumers, he sells ammo to shooting ranges mostly. the glendale show is the only time he sells to consumers.

jandmtv
03-02-2008, 1:58 AM
What does Harry and any other vendor sell the bullets in? (Eg. box, bag, can, crate) I plan on purchasing thousands of rounds, and I need a plan on how to transfer it to my car.

harrys ammo is in bags of 50. then the bags are in mil ammo cans, other sellers just have them ammo loose in ammo cans.

jandmtv
03-02-2008, 1:59 AM
i might go tomorrow for powder and primers

dont waste your time, no one had powder. and miwall was the only one to have primers, but they only have winchester blue box. price wasnt that bad though, for small and large rifle it was $21.95 per k and $107 per 5k

dvsdev
03-02-2008, 2:25 AM
This was my frist gun show, and I was not impressed at all. Most of the vendors there were selling at high prices. I did manage to talk to Harry to work on a large purchase of 9mm. If anyone in the So Cal area wants to join in on a group purchase, I might be able to get the price down. My friends and I are trying to purchase ~10,000 rounds for a good price, but it doesn't seem like Harry's price is going to drop that much. I'm sure if the numbers go up, the price will go down as well. PM or email me if you are interested.

saki302
03-02-2008, 3:58 AM
Prices were high.. I just bought some ammo for shooting NOW. Nothing was priced to store.

Bullseye had the .223 reloads @ $290 or 295 / 1K. I'd personally rather buy Privi for $350/k.

I picked up some cheap Wolff and Miwall reloads in .223 to fire for now (out of range ammo).

Miwall 9mms worked well for me, but tend to be underloaded. If anyone has a slight limp-wristing problem, this will bring it out! Other than that, I had near 100% function with their stuff, so I trust it. I had a few light strikes before, but that was due to weak springs in the gun.
I had a problem with Ammo Bros. 9mm reloads years ago, but they changed reloaders shortly after that batch (3 squibs in 1K rounds!).

-Dave

cosorio
03-02-2008, 7:09 AM
I didnt like the show either. The venue was too small so selection was limited. I believe Ventura is next weekend so I might check that out.

tmodesto
03-02-2008, 8:11 AM
Thanks for all Cal gunners for your inputs- Saturday I managed to visit Glendale Gun Show what a disppointment! I am glad you guys told me what to expect otherwise I had to get a refund even on my admission fee!!! It's not even worth the admission fee you pay, very small selection of handguns and everything is higly overpriced even supplies, some ammo prices were OK (not deal) but mostly high.

BUT something was very interesting for me, with all those high prices people still buying highly priced ammo, supplies and ... like hot cake!!

trigger_play
03-02-2008, 8:45 AM
found this :mad:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1587332/posts

Equalizer2
03-02-2008, 9:13 AM

Trigger Play, That is from 2006!:eek::eek:

trigger_play
03-02-2008, 11:41 AM
oooopppss, my bad:hide:

whatdyisit
03-02-2008, 1:53 PM

Trigger Play, That is from 2006!:eek::eek:
I was getting worried! Not that it is that great of a show, but it's still a gun show. Then I started to thing, damn, I thought that look familiar!

brassburnz
03-03-2008, 1:45 PM
I agree that prices for ammo were on the high side, but I still bought all the Aguila Standard Velocity .22 ammo Miwall had. Why? Because I don't think it's going to get any cheaper or any easier to find. I paid about 60 bucks more than the last time I paid for a case of ammo, but $215 for 5,000 rounds of ammo really isn't that bad. Not great, but not that bad.

The best part about the show was seeing James Maddux up and around. I've been meaning to give him a call, but recovery from back surgery can be a bear so I didn't want to bother him. For those of you that don't know him, James is a great guy, and you won't find a nicer FFL to deal with. He's OLL friendly and even builds AK variants.

I was in and out of the show quickly so I didn't get to stop by all the booths, but it seemed like a few of the regulars were missing, but AMMO Bros, Bullseye, Cold War Shooters, and Gunrunners were there.

Steve, good job at the NRA booth. Morelli, my wife just about killed me when she saw the Cal. Military Reserve papers on my computer. :-)