PDA

View Full Version : JP needs YOUR FAL.... for 2 minutes (2 projekts)

JPglee1
02-23-2008, 5:49 PM
Hey guys, as you know I have the Maglox done for the FAL series rifles. Before I have the CNC shop drop 100 of them in a box on my door, I want to test fit the proto in at least 2 other rifles....

All I have to do is pop a 10rd mag in the well, slide the lock and the BHO in place and put the screw in place and we're done.

Whoever helps me (preferably close to me or willing to drive a little bt or something) will get a brand new CNC machined FALox (I havent decided what gimmicky name to brand it yet haha) for their effort...

Retail price should be $15 + S/H or about $18 delivered....

I have pics of the proto Ill post up later.

PROJECT #2:

JP also needs a used, beat up, metric spec lower receiver and sear, trigger, safety assembly. I have come up with a cool way to use an XL-long South African stock as a Saiga-style "hunting" stock using a rear-set trigger adaptor. I need a metric lower and the fire control parts so I can mock up my idea and prove it works. Nothing permanent will be done to your lower except a possible 1/16" hole in your trigger.... The device will attach with the pistol grip nut and the bottom front stock screw at the tang.... I would only need the lower and parts for about a week or so and I could bang the proto out.

Again I got a concept picture Ill post later....

J
P.S. it will work with inch lowers too, but easier to mockup 1st one on metric lower...

jamesob
02-23-2008, 5:54 PM
the falox is a real good name for it. its kinda catchy. i have a l1a1 but your a little to far for me to drive.

Zwingli
02-23-2008, 6:08 PM
Well I'm in the valley alot, could meet halfway up the 14, if you don't find anyone closer. Or I'll be driving out past vegas in a couple weeks and could stop there. Have a Rhodesian FAL on a DSA

thedrickel
02-23-2008, 6:15 PM
JP, see if your CNC shop can make the items in my sig line. I'll send a sample if you need one.

MT1
02-23-2008, 6:21 PM
JP, see if your CNC shop can make the items in my sig line. I'll send a sample if you need one.

What quantity do you need?
Do you have a dimensional drawing?

EDIT: Is there enough room for that to be made out of aluminum? (I don't have a FAL to look at) - we don't do sheet-metal work. Do you have a good picture of the mag release uncovered - we could design something more along the lined of the original BB.

shark92651
02-23-2008, 6:38 PM
Sorry to totally thread jack, but just how do you pronouce FALox? :D

Main Entry: phal·lic
Pronunciation: \ˈfa-lik\
Function: adjective
Date: 1789
1 : of or relating to phallicism <a phallic cult>
2 : of, relating to, or resembling a phallus
3 : relating to or being the stage of psychosexual development in psychoanalytic theory that follows the anal stage and during which a child becomes interested in his or her own sexual organs

Toolbox X
02-23-2008, 6:44 PM
If you want to mail one to me I will test it in my DSA receiver FAL.

saki302
02-23-2008, 9:45 PM
If you are willing to drive down to Hollywood, you can test it on mine- it's a DSA built Imbel, but it's a CA-registeed AW, so I can't let it leave my hands otherwise.

And no worries about an open/functional magwell either :D

-Dave

JPglee1
02-23-2008, 10:47 PM
If you are willing to drive down to Hollywood, you can test it on mine- it's a DSA built Imbel, but it's a CA-registeed AW, so I can't let it leave my hands otherwise.

And no worries about an open/functional magwell either :D

-Dave

Well I might be in Pasadena about 11a-1pm TOMORROW so if thats not too short a notice, Id be down to swing by and check it out. I dont need more than what I said, 1 screw, toss a mag in, make sure it locks up and hand cycles and Im on my way. When the first batch arives you get #001 (Im gonna hand stamp serial # them for quality control and warranty claims.....)

Send me a PM with yer # so I can call around 9am or so and see what yer up to and maybe kill 2 birds :)

THANKS

J

duenor
02-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Always glad to help - I'm in Van Nuys. You are welcome to come over anytime, including tonight. I have five FAL rifles, you can fiddle with all five of them.

jamesob
02-23-2008, 11:23 PM
Sorry to totally thread jack, but just how do you pronouce FALox? :D

Main Entry: phal·lic
Pronunciation: \ˈfa-lik\
Function: adjective
Date: 1789
1 : of or relating to phallicism <a phallic cult>
2 : of, relating to, or resembling a phallus
3 : relating to or being the stage of psychosexual development in psychoanalytic theory that follows the anal stage and during which a child becomes interested in his or her own sexual organs

i think it is just how it sounds.fal-locks