PDA

View Full Version : CA-legal with Troy MCS?

ChrisSig
02-23-2008, 11:06 AM
I know it defeats the purpose of having an M1A type rifle - detachable mags - but does anyone run one with the Troy MCS?

I'm thinking how it could be done - either a mag-lock or no pistol-grip and fixed stock, no flash hider.

ZombieKiller
02-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Don't ruin an M1A with a mag lock........please don't.

Just get the JAE!!! :)

aplinker
02-23-2008, 11:14 AM
There's really no point to putting that stock on and not using a pistol grip.

If you want to use it, go for it. The M1A loads nicely with strippers. I prefer detachable mags.

If you made it a non-detachable mag rifle, you could even put a flash hider on with it, not that it really needs it.

ChrisSig
02-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Is there even a mag-lock that would work with this?

gunshack
02-23-2008, 12:19 PM
I got to check out a bunch of the new fangled M14 stocks at the shot show. For a CQB M14 set up the Troy was by far the best stock I encountered. I've thought about getting one just to have, but I won't use it under current CA laws.

Stripper clips wont work with a Troy.

For a mag lock you can sacrifice a mag latch and drill/tap it for a set screw pretty easily.

aplinker
02-23-2008, 11:48 PM
I got to check out a bunch of the new fangled M14 stocks at the shot show. For a CQB M14 set up the Troy was by far the best stock I encountered. I've thought about getting one just to have, but I won't use it under current CA laws.

Stripper clips wont work with a Troy.

For a mag lock you can sacrifice a mag latch and drill/tap it for a set screw pretty easily.

Crap, right, forgot about the top rail.

I know the guy at Metroshot developed a Bullet Button he does for M1As, so it's possible.

DedEye
02-24-2008, 12:11 AM
If you're gonna go with an aftermarket stock for the M1A, why not use a JAE and keep the rifle featureless?

gunshack
02-24-2008, 8:08 AM
Just for the record, I think the JAE Gen2 stock looks awesome. The built in features are designed for accuracy shooting. When I get my LRB M25 set up as a semi-sniper I'll be very tempted to try the JAE.

But that's just it, I think the JAE is probably the best stock for an accuracy set up, but the Troy is the best for a CQB set up.

Sniper3142
02-24-2008, 12:13 PM
The only decent way to have a Troy MCS on an M1A is for the rifle to be a registered AW. Otherwise you'd have to ruin one of the features of an otherwise excellent system.

THE 0NE
02-25-2008, 9:07 AM
i am in the same boat i really want to try the new troy stock. i hate this state!!!

Sumo99
02-25-2008, 11:47 AM
You could get the Troy with a MMG and regular stock. But, IMO, it just doesn't look right.