PDA

View Full Version : Not as cool as Shark's rifle, but here is my daughter's new rifle...

Japedo
02-23-2008, 7:48 AM
A Bushy 22lr upper built on a Spike's lower. Big thanks to Metroshot for doing the Duracoating.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t181/japedo_k/DSC00680.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t181/japedo_k/DSC00679.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t181/japedo_k/DSC00683.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t181/japedo_k/DSC00684.jpg

CALI-gula
02-23-2008, 8:15 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

EEEEKKKKKK!

CALL THE ASSOCIATED PRESS! CALL NPR!! CALL CNN!!! CALL OPRAH!!!! CALL MIKE FEUER!!!!! CALL THE VPC!!!!!! CALL THE BRADY CAMPAIGN!!!!!!! CALL THE FASHION INSTITUE OF DESIGN & MERCHANDISING!!!!!!!!

A PRETTY AND PARTIALLY PINK RIFLE IS ON THE LOOSE!!!!!!!! EEEEKKKKKK!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Paratus et Vigilans
02-23-2008, 8:36 AM
Someone needs to re-record John Cougar Mellencamp's song "Little Pink Houses" with new lyrics and a new title . . . so you'll have a theme song for this movement!

"Little Pink Rifles for You and Me" :D

ByTheNumbers
02-23-2008, 8:38 AM
I like it. Nice touch with the pink color in the engraving. Just needs the obligatory cartoon characters or flowers and she'll be all set!

I hadn't thought of it till just now, but they sell pink rifle slings? Or is that a strap from something else?

jandmtv
02-23-2008, 8:55 AM
and the disease keeps spreading :D

i like!

Japedo
02-23-2008, 9:26 AM
I just colored the engravings with a crayon. The sling is from a diaper bag, you can tell by the crappy plastic clips. I have some metal ones to switch them out with, but I'm waiting for them to break first.

I like it. Nice touch with the pink color in the engraving. Just needs the obligatory cartoon characters or flowers and she'll be all set!

I hadn't thought of it till just now, but they sell pink rifle slings? Or is that a strap from something else?

PinkKitty
02-23-2008, 11:00 AM
[QUOTE=Japedo;1020039]The sling is from a diaper bag, you can tell by the crappy plastic clips. QUOTE]

ahhh... I was looking for a pink sling. I may go shopping to babiesrus this weekend.

Fast Eddie
02-23-2008, 11:03 AM
A pink spikes tactical, that has to be a first.

Greg-Dawg
02-23-2008, 11:10 AM
Put some Hello Kitty stickers and flowers on that baby!

Japedo
02-23-2008, 11:29 AM
what mag is that.it looks like a black dog but i thought they only did the full mag body 10 rounders

It's a Bushy mag, the upper came as a kit. I can't remember what I paid for it, I purchased it last year, I remember it was under 400 dollars.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t181/japedo_k/az15846k.jpg

From the Bushmaster Website:

Bushmaster now offers a .22 Rimfire “dedicated” Upper Receiver/Barrel Assembly that will fit all Bushmaster Lower Receivers ? as well as most all AR15 Type Lower Receivers from other manufacturers (as long as they are “mil. spec.” in measurement). With an Upper specifically designed for .22 Rimfire, you can quickly switch out from your 5.56mm/.223 caliber Upper to hone your shooting skills with the economical .22 Long Rifle ammunition ? which is acceptable at most indoor ranges due to its lower power and penetration. In addition to offering the advantages of more frequent training with your AR15 type rifle, the Bushmaster .22LR Upper adds versatility to the weapon system, and is a joy to use for “plinking”. The light weight and low recoil will be appreciated by women and younger shooters.

The Bushmaster .22LR Upper Receiver/Barrel Assembly is a complete “kit” which includes all pieces necessary to quickly convert your rifle over to .22 Rimfire. The Upper Receiver is chambered for .22 Long Rifle only, and operates in a semi-automatic “blowback” mode. Other parts of the kit include a 10 Round Magazine; a Recoil Spring and Buffer; and a Buttstock Insert which acts as a guide for the Recoil Spring and replaces the standard AR Buffer and Action Spring inside the Receiver Extension. The highly accurate 16“ Barrel is rifled 1 turn in 16” for the .22 LR cartridge, and is machined of Chrome Moly Barrel Steel. A “blowback” operating bolt is machined from lightweight aluminum for great durability, and all parts are easily disassembled for cleaning / maintenance. The iron sights of the .22LR Upper feature a dual rear flip aperture (adjustable for windage), and a square front “post type” sight adjustable for elevation. On the Upper Receiver, a Picatinny rail offers easy mounting of any scope, optic, red dot or laser sight.

The Bushmaster .22 Rimfire Upper Receiver/Barrel Assembly is designed and manufactured in the U.S.A., and is warranted for one year against defects in materials or workmanship.

apbrian112
02-23-2008, 1:34 PM
nice! i need to build something for my gf... but it won't be pink

jacques
02-23-2008, 1:45 PM
nice! i need to build something for my gf... but it won't be pink

How about periwinkle.......

battleship
02-23-2008, 2:01 PM
Call Mattel toys who make the barbie dolls show them your pics and tell them to make commando Barbie complete with pink AR15 and a pink cammo dress. all the girls would want that for christmass.

SlushPup
02-23-2008, 6:17 PM
do you have a bulletbutton on the lower?

i know it is a rimfire but I was just curious.

thanks

Bowser
02-23-2008, 6:33 PM
Pink spider = dangerous.

JOEKILLA
02-23-2008, 6:35 PM
Uh Oh, the EVIL Pink.

blackberg
02-23-2008, 6:39 PM
nice! Seems PRD is Spreading (Pink Rifle Disease). I would probably build one as well, for my sisters use and my other "pink" friends:D

Japedo
02-24-2008, 6:02 AM
No I'm not using a mag lock of any kind as it is not required by state law on rimfire rifles.
I'm not sure if rimfire rifles are required to have 30" OAL, but it measures 31 1/2", 31" without the extra buttpad.

do you have a bulletbutton on the lower?

i know it is a rimfire but I was just curious.

thanks

aplinker
02-24-2008, 6:21 AM
Rimfires don't need to be 30", just 26", so you could make it a sidefolder. ;)

No I'm not using a mag lock of any kind as it is not required by state law on rimfire rifles.
I'm not sure if rimfire rifles are required to have 30" OAL, but it measures 31 1/2", 31" without the extra buttpad.

Utha Schleigle
02-24-2008, 9:28 AM
Call Mattel toys who make the barbie dolls show them your pics and tell them to make commando Barbie complete with pink AR15 and a pink cammo dress. all the girls would want that for christmass.

A barbie edition of the MIGHTY MATEL would be great.

I was thinking of a ROMY G Barbie edition rifle. Romanian Barbie - the eastern block party girl (double ontandra) that is a real commie pinkoe. Of coarse the a 30 rnd mag because with Romanian Barbie mag size does matter.:43:

Roccobro
02-26-2008, 3:42 PM
I've got the Barbie logo on my daughters pink Crickett. I have spares fro when she can heft a pink M1 Carbine on her own, then an AR.

Looking good Japedo! I gotta find me some of them slings too!

Justin

jksupplyco
02-26-2008, 6:46 PM
I like the pink/black contrast. It reminds me of the old bumper sticker that read: 51% angel, 49% *****. Dont push it. I gotta show this one to the wife, she'll love it.

ibanezfoo
02-26-2008, 7:34 PM
ahhh... I was looking for a pink sling. I may go shopping to babiesrus this weekend.

Not sure why but this struck me as Fn hilarious!

Who'd have thought we'd be shopping for parts for our evil weapons at Babies R Us of all places! :smilielol5: We have GOT to tell the Brady Bunch about this... Imagine their protests in front of these places!

-Bryan