PDA

View Full Version : Any preference..Bullet Button 1 vs. 2??

pgatour
02-22-2008, 1:14 PM
I've heard BB2 is sometimes 'too easy' to release that it may borderline the grey area of a detachable mag, any truth to that? I don't mind the extra length of the BB1 if it truly does function better. Please give me your feedback if you have any preferences between the two.. much thanks!

DedEye
02-22-2008, 1:35 PM
I like the look of the BBII and have it on one of my rifles. I gotta say (for mine at least), there's no way to drop the mag without the use of a tool, even if you tried.

aplinker
02-22-2008, 2:30 PM
There's just no way. I tried anything I could think of.

Maybe USN Chief, soldier415 or DedEye's have some body part small enough to get in there to actuate them. The rest of us couldn't. ;)

Jicko
02-22-2008, 2:33 PM
I've heard BB2 is sometimes 'too easy' to release that it may borderline the grey area of a detachable mag, any truth to that?!

Yes. (But I will stop here)

I don't mind the extra length of the BB1 if it truly does function better. Please give me your feedback if you have any preferences between the two.. much thanks!

Just get BB1+ (tenpercent have them, BB1 w/ drop-in-ability, w/o force-fit-feature, w/ black inside nut).

Chunky_lover
02-22-2008, 6:00 PM
I have the bb1 didnt like how long it was then saw the bb2 and just filed my old one down some just like the 2nd one. I like the smaller look and it still works exactly the same, just not the black anodized surface anymore. black spray paint that is fading away.

tenpercentfirearms
02-23-2008, 9:25 AM
A gentleman was in the shop yesterday with his six year old. We tried to get his pinky to drop my BB II build's magazine. No luck.

I personally am going to stick to my BB I's as it just makes me feel better. I wouldn't be selling the BB II's if they were a legal issue and Prince has also vowed to stand behind the BB II. Really you ought to order one of each! :D

Actually there was a point in time where I only sold the Sporting Conversions Kit and thought the Prince50 was pushing the line too close. I have come to realize that what we "feel" has nothing to do with the law. It is either legal or it isn't. The BB II has been tested and seems to be working. If any one finds otherwise, let us know.

scfast
02-23-2008, 9:40 AM
I'll say what other posts have said there is no way to manipulate the bb2 and it looks great. nuff said... oh and remember the blue thread lock.:rockon:

scfast
02-23-2008, 9:47 AM
Yes. (But I will stop here)

To easy? are we using two different products?

mfmayes49
02-23-2008, 9:53 AM
I tried the BB1 and it sucked, couldnt get it into my CMMG receiver , tried grinding down the BB1 and still wouldnt fit, The great guy at Prince50 company offered to exchange it for the BB2 free of charge except for postage. Sevice was great and BB2 was a great fit and easier to install

aplinker
02-23-2008, 10:03 AM
I tried the BB1 and it sucked, couldnt get it into my CMMG receiver , tried grinding down the BB1 and still wouldnt fit, The great guy at Prince50 company offered to exchange it for the BB2 free of charge except for postage. Sevice was great and BB2 was a great fit and easier to install

The newest version of the BB1 doesn't require grinding, either.

I think they should have called the new ones BBII and BBIII to prevent that confusion, but it probably won't matter to the people at shops.

tenpercentfirearms
02-23-2008, 10:09 AM
The newest version of the BB1 doesn't require grinding, either.

I think they should have called the new ones BBII and BBIII to prevent that confusion, but it probably won't matter to the people at shops.
I already sold all my old versions, so they are all drop in now. It won't be long until all BB being sold will be the new version so why worry about it? Also, I have never failed to get a flanged version into a receiver.

Plus now there might actually be a BB III.

aplinker
02-23-2008, 10:15 AM
That was my point. It's only us gun geeks here who are aware of there being any confusion.

I've never failed either. It only takes a little filing, that being said, the drop in is so much nicer.

I'll be looking forward to BBIII. I just hope it comes faster than large capacity magazine sales :p

I already sold all my old versions, so they are all drop in now. It won't be long until all BB being sold will be the new version so why worry about it? Also, I have never failed to get a flanged version into a receiver.

shark92651
02-23-2008, 10:31 AM
All my old style BB are sold out as well, nothing but drop in BB I and BB II from now on. I agree though, getting the old one in was not that difficult - a hammer is the easiest tool in the toolbox to master :D

sbjmg
03-08-2008, 9:56 PM

Please explain, BBIII?

aplinker
03-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Please explain, BBIII?

This thread should explain it (click on the little arrow). This is the post where 10% says BBIII is in the making.

This project has officially started. Expect results in about...two weeks!

Plus a little extra toy I thought up a while back, but just let slip through the cracks has been revived. I hope to release it along with this. They are related so no wild guesses.

All your base are belong to us. :TFH: