PDA

View Full Version : How to care for carbon fiber scales?

9x19=£OVÄ
01-15-2014, 5:05 PM
Anyone know any tips or tricks, dos and don't on how to care for carbon fiber scales? Oils? Waxes?

I have two knifes with carbon fiber, one also had copper mixed in with it. I was wondering if there was a way to cause a green/blue color like the Statue of Liberty, without having to expose it to the elements for a long time.

Any ideas????

I love how this knife turned out, and it's my first knife I have made out of CPM-3V steel. It stays very sharp, even after much abuse. This is no safe queen, she's a work horse, makes processing food, bushcraft, even splitting small logs into fire wood easy. This is my new EDC at the moment, till I find something better.

Blademan21
01-16-2014, 2:30 PM
Anyone know any tips or tricks, dos and don't on how to care for carbon fiber scales? Oils? Waxes?

I have two knifes with carbon fiber, one also had copper mixed in with it. I was wondering if there was a way to cause a green/blue color like the Statue of Liberty, without having to expose it to the elements for a long time.

Any ideas????

I love how this knife turned out, and it's my first knife I have made out of CPM-3V steel. It stays very sharp, even after much abuse. This is no safe queen, she's a work horse, makes processing food, bushcraft, even splitting small logs into fire wood easy. This is my new EDC at the moment, till I find something better.

the scales won't stay mint if the knife is abused like you say. But they should hold up very well if used for what the knife was made to do. I personally would have wanted micarta scales as they are a little heavier than carbon fiber. CF just looks cool but it may splinter around the edges if subjected to abuse.Can't tell from your picture the style of blade you have. Processing food,bushcraft,and splitting small logs is a lot for a blade/handle to come out smelling like a rose:D