PDA

View Full Version : SAIGA 16" .223 range report

1lostinspace
02-21-2008, 8:30 PM
So I took it out today for the first time, it had a crappy NC star scope on it POS :mad: at about 50 yards it was shooing my various reloads from 2" to 1" but I think I will do allot better with different scope, it was tossing shells almost 25 yards:eek: I think they have a .223 and not a 5.56 chamber due to signs of pressure with mid to hot loads, the trigger was one of the worse I have shot in a while. A great little reliable and fun rifle, mine prefers 53gr SIERRA. It appears to be built as tough as any AK.

Over all I give it 8 out of 10 stars due to trigger, other then that it's blast to shoot and something you can bet your life on, the price is not bad either I paid $279 it's hard to beat that.:D

windsheer
02-21-2008, 9:13 PM
I must agree that the trigger needs help , although they do work fantatsic for bump firing. I saw a link rod that was supposed to greatly improve the trigger when it replaces the factory one. It is listed with a company that does saiga conversions, can't recall the name of the company at the moment. At least there is some hope.

The 308 saiga with its longer cartridge length works out better that the 7.63 or the 5.56. for trigger position for what its worth.

Saigas love steelcased cheaper ammo , that one bonus for sure!

1lostinspace
02-21-2008, 9:22 PM
I must agree that the trigger needs help , although they do work fantatsic for bump firing. I saw a link rod that was supposed to greatly improve the trigger when it replaces the factory one. It is listed with a company that does saiga conversions, can't recall the name of the company at the moment. At least there is some hope.

The 308 saiga with its longer cartridge length works out better that the 7.63 or the 5.56. for trigger position for what its worth.

Saigas love steelcased cheaper ammo , that one bonus for sure!

yes it loved wolf ammo! I hate wolf ammo I really do