PDA

View Full Version : FAB-10 & Upper

bubbagump
02-21-2008, 12:41 PM
I currently have a FAB-10 with a carry handle setup. I want to get a Flat-Top upper so I can mount a scope in a more comfortable manner. I am not a Pro in this subject, so bear with me...

1. Do I need FFL paperwork for buying an upper in California. Whether I get it from a local shop or order it from Midway (or other online dealer)...

2. What do I need to know about large and small receiver pins? I'd hate to buy an upper from midway or other online dealer and find out it doesn't fit the FAB-10 lower and that I can't return it.

Stanze
02-21-2008, 12:57 PM
You do not need an FFL to buy an upper. Just remember that the barrel's overall length needs to be at least 16".

Any Mil-Spec upper should fit on the FAB-10. Only Colt had the different sized pins. So, if you happen to come across a Colt upper make sure it has the smaller mil-spec pins.

bubbagump
02-21-2008, 1:18 PM
You do not need an FFL to buy an upper. Just remember that the barrel's overall length needs to be at least 16".

Any Mil-Spec upper should fit on the FAB-10. Only Colt had the different sized pins. So, if you happen to come across a Colt upper make sure it has the smaller mil-spec pins.

Huge Thanks!

tenpercentfirearms
02-21-2008, 5:54 PM
Yep, order the upper from anywhere you want and as long as it is not a Colt upper, there should be no fitting issues. However, some uppers and lowers fit tighter than others, but there is no way to know until you get it. My FAB-10 worked with my Bushmaster uppers no problem.

Now it just sits in the safe, disassembled (and it is an evil .50 BMG). The OLLs get all the play time.

CSACANNONEER
02-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Yep, order the upper from anywhere you want and as long as it is not a Colt upper, there should be no fitting issues. However, some uppers and lowers fit tighter than others, but there is no way to know until you get it. My FAB-10 worked with my Bushmaster uppers no problem.

Now it just sits in the safe, disassembled (and it is an evil .50 BMG). The OLLs get all the play time.

Funny, my 50BMG FAB10 tends to see more range time than my 2 other FAB10s or my 5 OLLs. You really need to put a good 50 upper on your FAB and get it to a range!