PDA

View Full Version : How to build rebuilds?

zero
02-20-2008, 11:40 PM
After hearing some bad remarks for the 10/30 round CMAG mags, I was interested in buying a rebuild kit. After searching the forums and google I was unable to find any how to's.

My question is this: what are the tools needed and how does one rebuild a rebuild as a ten round magazine? If it's easy I'll do it, but if it requires some special tool I'll stick with ten rounders, because without physically handling one I can't determine if it's a five minute thing or a welding thing.

jandmtv
02-20-2008, 11:52 PM
sorry but, may i ask why you want 10/30s? whats wrong with 10 rounders?

if you must have 10/30s then get the c products, just because a couple of members had a bad experience with them doesnt mean you will.

JagerTroop
02-20-2008, 11:56 PM
The Cproducts 10/30 mags are not designed to be easily rebuilt. You'd be better off buying a higher quality mag. Riflegear.com (http://www.riflegear.com/c-30-magazines.aspx) has Promag 10/20 mags which can be rebuilt and will accept Magpul followers(with slight modification to the follower). They work great. If you want a regular 10 round mag, Bushmaster mags are good.

sorry but, may i ask why you want 10/30s? whats wrong with 10 rounders?

When I see a 10/30 mag in my Cal. legal EBR, it makes me feel like I am in America. However, when I load it, I am reminded that I'm not :(

jandmtv
02-21-2008, 12:01 AM
he doesnt want to rebuild any mags, he wants to buy 30 round rebuild kits and make 10/30s out of them. thats why i recommended that he gets the c prod. 10/30s

JagerTroop
02-21-2008, 12:08 AM
oh... why would you do that? ewwww. Just buy a quality 10/30s. Don't amputate any fully functional mags.

zero
02-21-2008, 12:55 AM
oh... why would you do that? ewwww. Just buy a quality 10/30s. Don't amputate any fully functional mags.

haha I was referring to this $1 charge to dissasemble any of their magazines, and seeing as they are as low as ten bucks in their magazine section it would be a better deal, but only if it was easy to mod them to functionally hold ten rounds : https://www.44mag.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RK

jojo760
02-21-2008, 2:18 PM
I was wondering about the rule on rebuilding your magazines. I currently have 8 thermold magazines. Am I allowed to disassemble these and replace them with 8 magpul pmags, or do the magazines have to rebuild exactly as they were?

tgriffin
02-21-2008, 2:32 PM
I was wondering about the rule on rebuilding your magazines. I currently have 8 thermold magazines. Am I allowed to disassemble these and replace them with 8 magpul pmags, or do the magazines have to rebuild exactly as they were?

Im assuming that the 8 thermold magazines have a capacity of more than ten rounds, yes? And were legally acquired before the ban, correct? If so... you can order 8 magpul pmags as "replacement parts" Destroy or disable thermold mags i.e. make them into parts kits, but I would throw away one part, say the baseplate (so could not be readily assembled). "Build" new Pmags.

The point here is that you must never have more than your original 8 fully functional high capacity magazines, but you may have "any" 8 highcapacity magazines that function in the firearm that the original highcapacity mag operated in.