PDA

View Full Version : Hello Kitty AR on CNN!

wceviper
02-19-2008, 3:34 PM
Looks like the media has been snooping around, sorry if its been posted already! I think one of those is a calgunners!

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/02/19/resnik.painted.guns.kpnx

Edit to add;

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=79553

wceviper
02-19-2008, 3:37 PM
And that Glock sure looks like a 1911!

Waingro
02-19-2008, 3:47 PM
DUPE! I DID IT! I WAS THE FIRST ONE!

Charliegone
02-19-2008, 4:06 PM
yeah but you forgot the :dupe::dupe:

Shane916
02-19-2008, 4:09 PM
And that Glock sure looks like a 1911!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=87606
haha the Glock is a 1911

blackbok
02-19-2008, 4:12 PM
It is frightening, just frightening to see such colorful guns. The lure of the shiny jewel/candy like appearance just makes my mouth water and my adrenaline pump.

I actually slather all of my firearms in sugar and gumdrops to bring the kids to them in droves. ;) (CNN, I'm kidding, I know this is no laughing matter)

God I wish people would give their species just a bit more credit. Nah, they probably don't deserve it.

Hah! Glock.

Paradiddle
02-19-2008, 5:13 PM
So that guy who said "it's frightening, frightening for law enforcement" - he's the AG of the USA - right? The only person QUALIFIED to speak on what affects "law enforcemnt" - meaning all of them.

What a bunch of sheep.

Sniper3142
02-19-2008, 8:37 PM
And I heard that the IDIOTS in New York have banned them.

Like that could be enforced.

:mad:

bohoki
02-19-2008, 9:13 PM
i didnt see the hello kitty ar-15 only a really ugly ak47

Shane916
02-19-2008, 9:27 PM

0:39-0:42

Plus the thumbnail of the video is of that AR :D

shark92651
02-19-2008, 9:29 PM
And the reporter is very well versed in firearms: "that is a weapon used by the military". Right...

bohoki
02-19-2008, 9:30 PM
0:39-0:42

Plus the thumbnail of the video is of that AR :D

oops how did i miss the sploded bunch of parts

Shane916
02-19-2008, 9:34 PM
And the reporter is very well versed in firearms: "that is a weapon used by the military". Right...

Indeed! Not only do they use pretty painted guns but apparently have switched over to civilian semi-automatic rifles! No wonder we have been in war so long!

Maddog5150
02-19-2008, 9:43 PM
could the owner of the rifle sue CNN for showing it?

duenor
02-19-2008, 9:52 PM
CNN... what a bunch of hacks and yellow journalists.

Did anyone watch the "The Satellite is Falling" bit after the AR bit ran? They interviewed some flamboyant new yorker who asked, "Does the satellite contain 'I Love Lucy' reruns?" .... then they cut to a clip of "Chicken Little"... then five seconds of the DoD's describing "2800 pounds might survive reentry"... then a clip of "Armaggeddon"...

I hate CNN... they make Americans look like morons.

shark92651
02-19-2008, 9:52 PM
could the owner of the rifle sue CNN for showing it?

I don't want to sue them, I just want them to ask ME about the rifle I made for MY WIFE so that I can tell them it poses absolutely no danger to anyone, especially cops. I guess that doesn't fit their agenda as they would rather just spread more irrational fear then present a balanced story on firearms.

pottymouth310
02-19-2008, 9:55 PM

you see a quick glimpse of shark92651 wifes gun disassembled probably while it was being painted.

Rck'n'ROll
02-19-2008, 9:58 PM
What a bunch of jackasses :90:. "Its frightening, frightening" :43: LMAO.

hoax
02-19-2008, 10:21 PM
I don't want to sue them, I just want them to ask ME about the rifle I made for MY WIFE so that I can tell them it poses absolutely no danger to anyone, especially cops. I guess that doesn't fit their agenda as they would rather just spread more irrational fear then present a balanced story on firearms.

Even better would be your wife interviewed about how much she loves her rifle.

gosparx
02-19-2008, 10:23 PM
I hate CNN... they make Americans look like morons.

... and the majority of American's aren't?? That's probably the one aspect of any story they cover that is the closest to the truth.

Toolbox X
02-19-2008, 10:50 PM
So the reporter explains to us how dangerous these painted weapons are to cops. Then the guy at Lauer Weaponry explains to the reporter that 75% of the people getting their guns painted bright colors are cops.

Way to go CNN. I'm impressed.

shark92651
02-19-2008, 10:56 PM
... and the majority of American's aren't?? That's probably the one aspect of any story they cover that is the closest to the truth.

Speak for youself.

gosparx
02-20-2008, 1:27 AM
Speak for youself.

I'm not saying that there aren't smart people... just that the majority don't bother to think for themselves or take a second look at anything they're told by the media.

If a majority of the people in this world actually did 'think', wouldn't you have to agree that it would be a very different place to live?

As a quick example relevant to those on this forum, if people 'thought' then the entire concept of 'banning guns to lower crime' would be discarded almost immediately.

But most people don't think, they react, and they react how and to what the media tells them to.

There are smart people... I just hope that there are enough of them to keep this country free and strong... and to be completely honest, I am worried.

kap
02-20-2008, 6:28 AM
So that guy who said "it's frightening, frightening for law enforcement" - he's the AG of the USA - right? The only person QUALIFIED to speak on what affects "law enforcemnt" - meaning all of them.

What a bunch of sheep.

No, that was the voice of the same retired Arizona PD officer in the video.

shark92651
02-20-2008, 7:13 AM
I'm not saying that there aren't smart people... just that the majority don't bother to think for themselves or take a second look at anything they're told by the media.

If a majority of the people in this world actually did 'think', wouldn't you have to agree that it would be a very different place to live?

As a quick example relevant to those on this forum, if people 'thought' then the entire concept of 'banning guns to lower crime' would be discarded almost immediately.

But most people don't think, they react, and they react how and to what the media tells them to.

There are smart people... I just hope that there are enough of them to keep this country free and strong... and to be completely honest, I am worried.

Absolutely, the problem is that we have a dishonest media, which spins and tells half-truths or outright lies, coupled with interviewing people that no nothing about firearms. For instance, show a woman a picture of a pink AR15 and her reaction is "Oh, Hello Kitty (laughs)". Then he says "that is a weapon used by the military" (an outright lie), and she then reacts with "that's not funny". He doesn't tell her the real story about it and then proceeds to interview a cop warning about how dangerous it is, etc... and he allows him to make the argument that these guns are used to fool cops. Does the reporter even ask the guy if a pink gun has EVER been pointed at a cop before? That is spin, not reporting. You spoon food the ignorant population one side of a story long enough and the average joe who doesn't really have any knowledge of the subject is just going to express what he has heard about it.

Paradiddle
02-20-2008, 8:49 AM
No, that was the voice of the same retired Arizona PD officer in the video.

I know - that is my point. They make it sound like he's some type of authority. The media sucks.

Chunky_lover
02-20-2008, 9:11 AM
I really like the quality of the paint jobs but I do think it makes it more inviting for a child to pick up one of these things thinking its a toy, if someone leaves it out for a child to find. If adults want to have a painted gun , then they should be able to. If only gun saftey was taught in school like sex ed there may be less accidental shootings. The first instinct on many uneducated children and adults is to first pull the trigger especially on a gun that looks like a toy. Hopefully the media doesnt blow all this out of proportion like everything else.

gosparx
02-20-2008, 10:06 AM
You spoon food the ignorant population one side of a story long enough and the average joe who doesn't really have any knowledge of the subject is just going to express what he has heard about it.

DITTO +1

If you watch the media do a story on ANY topic that you personally know anything about, it becomes very clear very quickly that they don't get anything right either because they are ignorant or because they have an agenda of their own (more likely the latter!)

In my last job we use to give the media a press release that had all the pertinent information WRITTEN DOWN for them... and they would STILL get basic information WRONG when they wrote their articles!

BlackReef
02-20-2008, 1:00 PM
on a side note, this should be in sharks new sig

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/normal_gonnadie01fb1.jpg

palakaboy
02-20-2008, 1:05 PM
more stupid **** on the news...

on a side note...good job getting your Hello Kitty AR on nationwide tv.

SecondAmendmentgirl
02-20-2008, 2:27 PM
Hello Kitty - I love it, definitely my favorite rifle for 2008

SecondAmendmentgirl
02-20-2008, 5:37 PM
Well, the argument is going to be that it's the Chiefs and Commissioners who are political appointees making these statements but considering what happened to Blkops and others, I don't think it's only limited to those at the top.
Fortunately, we have some fine police officers who live up to their oaths and respect their fellow citizens and it's important to show our support for those LEOs who live up to professional standards and perform a difficult job on our behalf.

cmaynes
02-20-2008, 6:26 PM
I really like the quality of the paint jobs but I do think it makes it more inviting for a child to pick up one of these things thinking its a toy, if someone leaves it out for a child to find. If adults want to have a painted gun , then they should be able to. If only gun saftey was taught in school like sex ed there may be less accidental shootings. The first instinct on many uneducated children and adults is to first pull the trigger especially on a gun that looks like a toy. Hopefully the media doesnt blow all this out of proportion like everything else.

Herein lay the rub- those of us who are "responsible" are not going to allow our black or pink or whatever color rifles and pistols to be accessed by children unless they are in our supervision. My kids- especially my 11 year old LOVES shooting my AR- that has gotten pretty darn pricey too...

drawn
02-20-2008, 9:12 PM
So the reporter explains to us how dangerous these painted weapons are to cops. Then the guy at Lauer Weaponry explains to the reporter that 75% of the people getting their guns painted bright colors are cops.

Way to go CNN. I'm impressed.

That guy was not from LCW. Although he is from Wisconsin.

tempdrummer
02-21-2008, 1:29 PM
Just saw this story again a few minutes ago as I was flipping through the channels. All I caught was the reporter saying "they shouldnt be painted bright colors, they should look menacing so we know what they are" Headline was "Guns as Accessories" or "Are guns the new accessory" something to that effect.