PDA

View Full Version : Hartatac.com royally bent me over - but then bent me back upright

glock_this
01-06-2014, 4:09 PM
I made an order on Dec 13. The order came in time - barely - to meet the law BUT the order was wrong & now I am stuck with either just accepting it or sending it all back. No simple swap of the bodies I need. Now, they cannot correct the order. And, they have not logged in to calguns, after all of our orders & support, since 12-28. A phone number is not posted on their site to call. But I dug one up. Not even printed on their invoices - who does that? Of course, VM only. Emails, IF answered, via their support contact form take days and days to be responded to. Last one, took 4 days. I responded in less than 2 minutes... nothing back.

So my issue is.. I now legally cannot send back the basic pmag bodies I got for the windowed bodies I ordered. I have been putting off buying windowed for years and with their "special price" I decided to go for it. And like others, I waited 3 weeks to get them, got them at the last minute only to get the wrong order and now, I cannot swap bodies given the law change. That window closed on me.

If I wanted non-windowed, I would have ordered non-windowed. I didn't. Now, their major screw up leaves me with either returning my entire mag order outright or just living with it because of the law change.

Thanks Hartatac.com for bending me over. The virtual non-existent CS and the bone job on my order leaving me NO way to get the mags I wanted now leaves me no viable options to get what I want.

This issue has resolve now. See here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=13153250&postcount=49).

Armando de la Guerra
01-06-2014, 4:11 PM
Chill out. Life's too short. You still got usable parts. The window is nice, but who really needs it?

Ritchie8719
01-06-2014, 4:13 PM
no viable options

Since the starting early to get around a case certain is past.

Off the Roster
01-06-2014, 4:17 PM
gonna say it!

first world problems. really.

Tanner68
01-06-2014, 4:21 PM
How can you live with such injustice and dishonor. You must demand restitution and satisfaction immediately. The burden you bear and the frustrations must be overwhelming. NO WINDOWS!!! Just a bunch of pmags. Stay strong and you will find a way to go on.

vintagearms
01-06-2014, 4:21 PM
Thread title should read: "I waited until the last minute like a dumb azz and an order got mixed up due to a vendor rushing parts out because of all the other dumbazzes."

hey joe
01-06-2014, 4:22 PM
The window weakens the mag body....Hope this brings you some comfort..

glock_this
01-06-2014, 4:22 PM
Really?

No one NEEDs anything. Anything. For you to say that, you missed the point entirely. It is not up to you to trivialize what I want or ordered.

If the law had not changed, no big deal at all. The law changed, so now it is a big deal as I cannot get what I wanted and ordered. And the service to get help..

They came here pushing the whole "here is a special price and lets get them before the law changes". I jumped on board, only to get boned.

Sure life is short, none of any of this matters. Not guns, not money, not cars, nothing if you want to get cheesy philosophical deep. But is is funny, didn't you write "Their website is a nightmare. Instant headache." - so even you took the time to write something. Well, so did I.

rman
01-06-2014, 4:27 PM
they screwed me over too and dont give a damn. but in my case they sent me the wrong brand and wrong capacity!

window or not, it's the principle behind it that sucks. timing, the hassle... let alone thw substitution of a CHEAPER item!

to top it all off their complete lack of customer service.... im stilk waiting on a response since they not only screwed my order up, but also cheated me out of a couple bucks.

-Armand
Sent from my Apple Galaxy Note 7

glock_this
01-06-2014, 4:29 PM
Thread title should read: "I waited until the last minute like a dumb azz and an order got mixed up due to a vendor rushing parts out."

Wow... all of you guys saying I am crying about it would feel the same if you were in my shoes. trust me.

But let me point a few things out.

1. They made the offer to sell, came here, posted it. I did not go looking nor did I need these. I bought them because of THEIR offer posted here.

2. I have dozens and dozens and dozens of these mags. I "needed" nothing. I am not that guy that had 3 mags and wanted more. I got them as it would be my last real chance to acquire something I don't have but wanted to try and the price was as low as you could ever hope to get. So, I have no "need" for them, but wanted them. So I ordered what I wanted.

3. they knew they were up against a timeline, still made the offer to sell and ship, it is on them - knowing a deadline with a law change that matters is fastly approaching - they need to do their work to make sure orders are right knowing what is at stake. if not, you leave buyers like me on the hook for items I don't want. I don't need more solid bodies.

glock_this
01-06-2014, 4:33 PM
they screwed me over too and dont give a damn. but in my case they sent me the wrong brand and wrong capacity!

window or not, it's the principle behind it that sucks. timing, the hassle... let alone thw substitution of a CHEAPER item!

to top it all off their complete lack of customer service.... im stilk waiting on a response since they not only screwed my order up, but also cheated me out of a couple bucks.

-Armand

Precisely.

If I could swap just my bodies and get what I want, no problem, I can be easy going about that. But just the hassle and BS and poor service/slow service, it all adds up on top of the law change.

And to some of the people calling me out.. I wanted these to take to CO where I could legally shoot them. Now, with the CO law change they had on mags, and our law change, I will not get the opportunity. So there are many factors to my irritation.

Ferrum
01-06-2014, 4:40 PM
:popcorn:

This gonna be good...

rman
01-06-2014, 4:40 PM
my gripe is i cannot (or want to) rebuild my pre-ban 12 rd mags with extended floor plate 14 rd rebuild kits. WTF.

-Armand

pterrell
01-06-2014, 4:46 PM
My gripe is we've known this was coming for a while now and people are still *****ing that they didn't get what they want. I got all the rebuild kits I wanted from Hartatac, on time and as a proper order. I even got a good deal on them.

You knowingly waited until the last minute and now you're screwed. Suck it up and be glad that you got anything in time at all with the holiday mail system such that it is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Tanner68
01-06-2014, 4:48 PM
In the spectrum of getting screwed, this would be towards the "barely got screwed" end. By the tone of your post, you are severely overreacting.

VictorFranko
01-06-2014, 4:55 PM
OP, PM me, I bought some windowed but prefer the non-windowed.
Not sure how many I have at the moment, as they are "put away".
If I hear from you I'll get them out and count them.
We could just swap bodies, but I'd want to receive before sending, I'm sure you understand that.
Let me know.

pitbull30
01-06-2014, 5:13 PM

2. I have dozens and dozens and dozens of these mags. I "needed" nothing. I am not that guy that had 3 mags and wanted more. I got them as it would be my last real chance to acquire something I don't have but wanted to try and the price was as low as you could ever hope to get. So, I have no "need" for them, but wanted them. So I ordered what I wanted.

Precisely.

And to some of the people calling me out.. I wanted these to take to CO where I could legally shoot them. Now, with the CO law change they had on mags, and our law change, I will not get the opportunity. So there are many factors to my irritation.

You say you have dozens and dozens of mags. Does CO require windowed mags?

rman
01-06-2014, 5:16 PM
My gripe is we've known this was coming for a while now and people are still *****ing that they didn't get what they want. I got all the rebuild kits I wanted from Hartatac, on time and as a proper order. I even got a good deal on them.

You knowingly waited until the last minute and now you're screwed. Suck it up and be glad that you got anything in time at all with the holiday mail system such that it is.

i dont care when the order was placed, i wasnt asking for any special favors. 12/15 is plenty of time to get a normal order out.

by your opinion, its my fault that this happened, that i got screwed by ordering 3 days before the cutoff. I could have gotten a bag of turkey dicks and i should be happy that they sent me anything?

in my book, i pay for an item, i get the item. Not pay for the item and pray that they send me anything at all.

Sorry but "good enough" doesn't work for a black and white situation. ill remember thay for you though, should you ever want to buy anything from me.

-Armand

GMG
01-06-2014, 5:27 PM
There you go "glock this", VictorFranko to the rescue!

jonzer77
01-06-2014, 5:29 PM
Really?

No one NEEDs anything. Anything. For you to say that, you missed the point entirely. It is not up to you to trivialize what I want or ordered.

If the law had not changed, no big deal at all. The law changed, so now it is a big deal as I cannot get what I wanted and ordered. And the service to get help..

They came here pushing the whole "here is a special price and lets get them before the law changes". I jumped on board, only to get boned.

Sure life is short, none of any of this matters. Not guns, not money, not cars, nothing if you want to get cheesy philosophical deep. But is is funny, didn't you write "Their website is a nightmare. Instant headache." - so even you took the time to write something. Well, so did I.

It's great that you never make any mistakes in life. Mistakes happen and that's life......just like you made a mistake of waiting until the last minutes when you had how many years to buy mags?

HappyCamper781
01-06-2014, 5:30 PM
2nd in line, I'll buy your individual parts off you for a reasonable price. FTF only. Non-LEO. Los Angeles Area.

bombadillo
01-06-2014, 9:10 PM
I will gladly tape off the windows, prep, prime, and paint them to any desired color. I can do matte OD green, Coyote brown, matte tan, or matte black. I only charge $3.50 per window painted. :D

NYT
01-06-2014, 9:15 PM
sorry to hear about your problems with them. i bought 50 windowed in FDE and 50 in black. they delivered with no problems and i made sure to check each opened package for parts.

i think for the amount of mags they sold in such a short period of time, getting that many out in a reasonable amount of time is pretty damn awesome.

maybe they can give you a credit for the mix up?

onewheelwes
01-06-2014, 10:31 PM
^^ for the price of 100 mag kits, you could have rented a hovel in NV for three months, bought what you wanted and moved back to CA without paying any SSE fees.;)

NYT
01-06-2014, 11:07 PM
^^ for the price of 100 mag kits, you could have rented a hovel in NV for three months, bought what you wanted and moved back to CA without paying any SSE fees.;)

who has three months to spend in NV?

VictorFranko
01-07-2014, 9:23 AM
After seeing the OP whining about this in yet another thread, both yesterday and today, I hereby withdraw my most generous offer.

glock_this
01-07-2014, 9:59 AM
VF I wasn't going to take you up on it anyway. You lost me at wanting to get mine first before shipping yours. Yeah, that's fair. Mine you know are new.. yours.. you're not even sure what you have or where. Even more so I am glad I did not take up an offer from a guy that would pull it back off the table just to screw me because I "whined" in another thread. Really? It says way more about you than me.

Anyway, some of you guys are amazing. A fellow calgunner gets boned, by no fault of his own, and you come down on him. I did zero wrong. Zero. I didn't wait until the last minute, I took up the seller on their offer here on these forums. An offer they knew had special time constraints and considerations. And an offer that never was made clear would take weeks to ship. I should have had time to deal with this, the lag in shipping out was just 1 further variable that FUBAR'd this & left no time to deal. How is it some of you cannot read or fathom these facts? One would think you would get some support and understanding, instead, one gets **** on for having got screwed on his order and voicing his opinion.

And it is amazing some of you think I am lucky and fortunate to get anything at all and should feel lucky and happy for that fact. Or that I should shut up because what I wanted and ordered isn't "needed" or even that good of an item so I should feel good about what I got. The logic by some of you in here is laughable and total BS because when it happens to you, are you just going to sit there and say, "well hey, I am happy I got something/anything. Not what I ordered, and I now cannot get what I ordered, but hey.. it's all good". Bahhh.. your full of shizzz and just piling on to pile on.

PS - still not heard back from them. They have still not come back to the forums after having gotten all of that business from us. Others here got boned. What exactly does it take for some of you to get it? Need to get boned yourself but until then, just call the other guy a whiner for not getting what he wanted and ordered and now has no chance to?

NYT
01-07-2014, 10:07 AM
After seeing the OP whining about this in yet another thread, both yesterday and today, I hereby withdraw my most generous offer.

i think he just wanted to vent, you definitely provided an awesome offer.

NYT
01-07-2014, 10:23 AM
youre right, you got boned. you stated buyer beware which is telling buyers that this dealer cannot be trusted. you bought a few mags and they sent you the wrong style. YOU STILL GOT MAGS. they didnt take your money and ship you air.

you state buyer beware because they didnt get back to you in a reasonable amount of time in your opinion. now youre bad mouthing a vendor that actually provides us consumers reasonably priced parts when they could very easily rape our wallets.

give them some time to either refund the difference or provide some other relief.

VF I wasn't going to take you up on it anyway. You lost me at wanting to get mine first before shipping yours. Yeah, that's fair. Mine you know are new.. yours.. you're not even sure what you have or where. Even more so I am glad I did not take up an offer from a guy that would pull it back off the table just to screw me because I "whined" in another thread. Really? It says way more about you than me.

Anyway, some of you guys are amazing. A fellow calgunner gets boned, by no fault of his own, and you come down on him. I did zero wrong. Zero. I didn't wait until the last minute, I took up the seller on their offer here on these forums. An offer they knew had special time constraints and considerations. And an offer that never was made clear would take weeks to ship. I should have had time to deal with this, the lag in shipping out was just 1 further variable that FUBAR'd this & left no time to deal. How is it some of you cannot read or fathom these facts? One would think you would get some support and understanding, instead, one gets **** on for having got screwed on his order and voicing his opinion.

And it is amazing some of you think I am lucky and fortunate to get anything at all and should feel lucky and happy for that fact. Or that I should shut up because what I wanted and ordered isn't "needed" or even that good of an item so I should feel good about what I got. The logic by some of you in here is laughable and total BS because when it happens to you, are you just going to sit there and say, "well hey, I am happy I got something/anything. Not what I ordered, and I now cannot get what I ordered, but hey.. it's all good". Bahhh.. your full of shizzz and just piling on to pile on.

PS - still not heard back from them. They have still not come back to the forums after having gotten all of that business from us. Others here got boned. What exactly does it take for some of you to get it? Need to get boned yourself but until then, just call the other guy a whiner for not getting what he wanted and ordered and now has no chance to?

Raidernation 247
01-07-2014, 10:28 AM
Can you no longer buy high capacity magazine kits in California as of 1-1-2014?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

jonzer77
01-07-2014, 11:15 AM

How many YEARS have we had to buy rebuild kits?

Yes you did wait until the last minute. By doing so you relied on the company not to make a mistake which happens now and then, especially when a company is slammed with orders for all of the last minute people. Palmetto sent me a 6.8 kit instead of a 5.56 kit which was a mistake but it happens. Since I didn't wait until the last minute, I was able to get a new kit from them without a problem.

rman
01-07-2014, 11:19 AM
you guys make it seem like its our fault we got screwed in some one time off the wall mistake. the reality is, this happened to quite a few calgunners, and even if it was just 1 of us, it is no way in hell our fault, let alone just for us to be treated like dirt.

-Armand

jonzer77
01-07-2014, 11:33 AM
you guys make it seem like its our fault we got screwed in some one time off the wall mistake. the reality is, this happened to quite a few calgunners, and even if it was just 1 of us, it is no way in hell our fault, let alone just for us to be treated like dirt.

-Armand

When you wait until the last minute, you leave no room for error. That would be partly your fault wouldn't it?

Off the Roster
01-07-2014, 11:36 AM
for those who feel cheated, perhaps return the mags to the vendor for refund? if they dont credit your card then dispute the matter - like any other purchase.

given VF's itrader rating i would have trusted him, i bet he just wanted to make certain no one sent him a bag of turkey dicks.

VictorFranko
01-07-2014, 12:04 PM

When I realized that you had returned to this thread but ignored my offer, yet went to another thread to do some continued sniveling and whining, yes, I withdrew my offer.
My mags, my right to do what I want them.

given VF's itrader rating i would have trusted him, i bet he just wanted to make certain no one sent him a bag of turkey dicks.

Precisely Chickshooter. I was just trying to help the Homer out. Wasn't even going to charge him for the shipping, that's the way I roll.
A simple PM would have answered all the Homers questions, but he is only interested in whining and complaining, obviously.

cabinetguy
01-07-2014, 1:16 PM
Wow... all of you guys saying I am crying about it would feel the same if you were in my shoes. trust me.

But let me point a few things out.

1. They made the offer to sell, came here, posted it. I did not go looking nor did I need these. I bought them because of THEIR offer posted here.

3. they knew they were up against a timeline, still made the offer to sell and ship, it is on them - knowing a deadline with a law change that matters is fastly approaching - they need to do their work to make sure orders are right knowing what is at stake. if not, you leave buyers like me on the hook for items I don't want. I don't need more solid bodies.

Seems like you should just return them for a refund since you have dozens upon dozens of them already. It sucks that they made a mistake, companies are known to do that from time to time, but you also knew you were up against the deadline. If you had bought these in say, October, you would have had a lot of time to correct the issue.

I also call BS on it being their fault the "offered to sell". You activly clicked on whatever thread had their product advertised. Saying you were not looking nor needed the mags sounds like whiney buyers remorse.

knucklehead
01-07-2014, 1:26 PM
You knew you were up against a deadline also.

So what's the difference. People make mistakes and it's life. Either deal with it or send them back.

You keep saying you don't need them. It's partly your fault for waiting so long when you knew all these company's would be swarmed last minute. I ordered 2x in the beginning of the month. I gave myself plenty of time. You didn't... Now your whining

And to get pissy with the dude that would have traded you shows more about who you are then him.

He offered up a really good solution and you ignored it then got mad when he called you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

inbox485
01-07-2014, 1:36 PM
I would ask for a mag body swap. I didn't see anything that would indicate that exchanging bodies would violate anything. If they can't do that because some in house council gives legal advice based on media articles, then their hands are kind of tied. I would ask for the price difference refund and call it good, but if you have others and don't want anything windowless, I'd just return them. Sucks, but done is done.

pitbull30
01-07-2014, 1:52 PM

:facepalm: I didn't get any of that from the VF post. To me it sounded like he had brand new mags tucked away that he bought "before the last minute" and was offering you a fair trade. Especially considering the coveted window mag is what you "need". You both have 30+ itrader. I think a couple pmags are a pretty simple trade.

You consider "getting boned " a regular pmag over a window one. Really? Such a fuss over something so small in my opinion. I wish this topic was in OT. "My mags don't have windows!"

inbox485
01-07-2014, 2:03 PM
You consider "getting boned " a regular pmag over a window one. Really? Such a fuss over something so small in my opinion. I wish this topic was in OT. "My mags don't have windows!"

Depends on the purpose I'm sure. Gen 2 window P-Mags are 5.45 compatible to about 15 rounds, and are 5.45 compatible to 30 rounds with follower modification. The non window pmags don't work for that. I will say that after having some for the 5.45, I wish I bought all of them with windows, but not enough to have replaced them.

rman
01-07-2014, 2:18 PM
all this would be great if we could get a damn response from them...

-Armand

pterrell
01-07-2014, 2:21 PM
I'd be willing to bet that the op got exactly what he ordered and was mad when he went back and looked at his invoice and saw that he ordered windowless mags.

inbox485
01-07-2014, 2:22 PM
all this would be great if we could get a damn response from them...

-Armand

Fair enough. I'd give them a bit, but the nuclear option is a charge back for incorrect product shipped, and non response from vendor. That is the dead last thing I'd ever do to a vendor that just made a mistake, but if it drags on for more than like a month and they won't even chat about it, it is an option.

inbox485
01-07-2014, 2:24 PM
I'd be willing to bet that the op got exactly what he ordered and was mad when he went back and looked at his invoice and saw that he ordered windowless mags.

And if that were the case, he wouldn't get very far.

HappyCamper781
01-07-2014, 2:26 PM
Still offering to buy the mag bodies off you if you can't get any relief fromthe vendor (tried demon-dialing them directly?)

hartatac.com
01-07-2014, 2:46 PM
I have not read the entire thread but will do so tonight. Our phone number is 317-300-4018. We do not currently monitor the phone in real-time but are responding to voicemails.

Let me give you guys some background on the behind-the-scenes of Hartatac.com. On our "About Us" page, you can see a picture of myself (Brian), my brother Jon, and my dad Mike. Mike is retired, and myself and Jon have full-time jobs. We intended Hartatac.com to be a side business that whets our appetites for entrepreneurism. We started in November 2012 with that goal, and quickly saw that it was going to be difficult to run it as a part-time gig given our pricing and quick growth. We noticed a lot of orders coming in from Calguns.net and investigated the site as a potential advertising option. We hit the ground running by selling repair kits without a service fee for dis-assembly and this made our time commitment even larger. To address this, we hired a full-time shipping employee and moved from Mike's garage a tiny warehouse unit.

Operation California Mag Lift started before we realized it and we were not prepared. The day the law was approved our sales tripled. We then experienced the curse of success in trying to fulfill the orders. We were concentrating on shipping and order fulfillment and our customer service was falling behind. To address this, we hired a second full-time employee, Tyler and leased formal office space. We moved twice in three weeks while continuing to process orders. Tyler came to us with a degree in management and has been a huge asset in organizing our customer service operations and fixing issues as they arise. Unfortunately he is limited by the technology that we have in place. Our CRM (Customer Relations Management, or the "ticket" system) has been a huge pain in the neck. It frequently does not enter the ticket in the system, and our responses to you are often filtered into SPAM folders. We have dropped it and switched to an email contact form. Clear your browser cache and the link should be different now.

During the mad dash to get mags to CA before the shipping cutoff, I was continuing to work my full-time job during our busy season and putting in 18-hour days for three weeks trying to help get everything done. We brought in two short-term contractors to help get orders out the door and this combined with an overall sense of urgency led to some orders going out the door that were incorrect. We have always made good on the shipping mistakes, but with the new law that has become impossible (to my knowledge). If we can simply ship a magazine body, we'll do that. It's not a parts kit afterall. I'd appreciate some local knowledge regarding the legality of shipping magazine bodies.

For those who have items that they did not intend to possess, we can work something out. OP, drop me an email to brian@hartatac.com or send me a PM here. There are still a few packages floating in the great abyss of shipping warehouses that have not been delivered yet. We are working with those people to either file a claim or wait to see if they arrive.

Trust me, we are not getting rich off of this business. To be perfectly transparent, I have paid myself approximately $0.33/hr for my efforts for Hartatac.com. Our customers save much more than we make off orders, especially when you add the discounted prices to the free shipping over $250.

I admit I got burned out by the long hours over these last few weeks. Being tired along with seeing how I was neglecting my children and spouse led me to clam up a bit and not spend time on this forum while I attempted to make amends on the home front over Christmas and New Years. I have reduced my hours at my day job by 15% to accommodate my Hartatac.com responsibilities. These stories are not excuses, just relating that Hartatac.com is a company run by humans, and humans have short-comings.

I promise you our intent is to have every customer thrilled by their interaction with us. Mistakes can be turned to positives and that is what we intend to do.

Changes we pledge to make to address noted issues:

Dedicated phone line with a friendly voice available during business hours
Dropping the CRM system that has been failing us and switching to email only
Responding to order-related PMs in one business day or you get a $5 off coupon for your next order

Thanks again for all the support thus far. We will take our licks and learn from them rather than delete them from a forum we moderate. Let me know other ways we can improve in our attempt to serve you.

Sincerely,
-Brian Hartman
Co-Owner, Hartatac.com LLC

pterrell
01-07-2014, 3:07 PM
Brian, I really appreciate all that you guys have done for us. For 99% of us, you have done an outstanding job! Don't let that .1% get you down. I know for a fact that when I move to a free state, your website will be the first that I go to to buy magazines again. As it stands, yours will be the first I go to for 10 round mags. I've been very impressed with your customer service in spite of your size and the mad dash with the holidays and the panic to beat the law implementation.

As I said, you guys have done a good job. You won't make everyone happy ever.

glock_this
01-07-2014, 3:08 PM

You must be kidding. But okay.. Name the price of the bet. Anything you want, name it. Put it here in writing and let's play it out. Ready to put your money where your mouth is? How about we bet the price of my order - my entire order? :cool:

Fair enough. I'd give them a bit, but the nuclear option is a charge back for incorrect product shipped, and non response from vendor. That is the dead last thing I'd ever do to a vendor that just made a mistake, but if it drags on for more than like a month and they won't even chat about it, it is an option.

Never talked about a charge back. Not trying to screw anyone. I just, logically and rightfully, want what I want and don't want to be made to feel bad about wanting it and lucky I got what I got. You know.

glock_this
01-07-2014, 3:10 PM
Resolve.

Just had a very good, nice, positive call with Tyler. Seems like a nice guy.

He gave me the 911 on what is up on their end, we talked through the situation and the perceived CS issues and lag I was feeling, and how that is further compounded by the law change, and came to a conclusion we both are happy with.

As even he said and understood that sometimes the squeaky wheel gets oiled and actually thanked me - maybe tongue and cheek to some degree - for the thread as it helped alert them to some issues they need/want to address. As well, he understood & agreed with my logic 100% about not wanting to settle for something and being made to feel like one should be happy about getting anything and accept that as good - even if it is not what one wants.

Anyway, I am posting that here and now to put it to rest and I will amend my first post to note the resolve for any future readers.

HappyCamper781
01-07-2014, 3:12 PM
Thanks Brian, I got an order from you guys a few weeks back, and it was correct and on time. Some errors are to be expected during the hectic holiday season, and I hope everything is worked out so that all your customers are made good and your emerge from this a stronger better company.

There is no clarification about the legality of selling / sending only mag bodies, all you get are opinions - but if it helps, nobody has gotten hit by this law (yet) for selling anything.

jonzer77
01-07-2014, 3:14 PM
Resolve.

He gave me the 911 on what is up on their end, we talked through the situation and the perceived CS issues and lag I was feeling, and how that is further compounded by the law change, and came to a conclusion we both are happy with.

As even he said and understood that sometimes the squeaky wheel gets oiled and actually thanked me - maybe tongue and cheek to some degree - for the thread as it helped alert them to some issues they need/want to address. As well, he understood & agreed with my logic 100% about not wanting to settle for something and being made to feel like one should be happy about getting anything and accept that as good - even if it is not what one wants.

Anyway, I am posting that here and now to put it to rest and I will amend my first post to note the resolve for any future readers.

Did you learn your lesson about not waiting until the last minute :)

glock_this
01-07-2014, 3:19 PM
Did you learn your lesson about not waiting until the last minute :)

Oh man.. really.. people will love to just grind that. I did not wait until the last minute. 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 5 weeks does not matter - a wrong order is a wrong order :p

Funny.. to some me getting the wrong items is on me for "waiting until the last minute" and not on the vendor for messing up my order? Amazing. So I am curious, at what point is enough time to not be "last minute"? 3 weeks? 4 weeks? 6 weeks? So than at what stage does it become the vendors issue and not mine? Is that stage time dependant?

We are beating a dead horse now. Some agree and understand. Some not and never will. I think we can bring it to a close.

Off the Roster
01-07-2014, 3:33 PM
Resolve.

411, this was never a 911 situation no matter how you felt.

pterrell
01-07-2014, 3:36 PM
Oh man.. really.. people will love to just grind that. I did not wait until the last minute. 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 5 weeks does not matter - a wrong order is a wrong order :p

The issue isn't that there was a wrong order. Yes, it is the responsibility of the company to make sure that all orders are fulfilled on time and accurately. The issue is that you waited until such a time that the company wouldn't be able to legally fix your order, should it be wrong. That's like ordering from Dominos right before they close and trying to get them to make a new pizza after they've shut the lights off. IT IS YOUR FAULT FOR WAITING

CrossedRifles
01-07-2014, 3:36 PM
I've had nothing but great experiences dealing with Hartatac.

My last two orders were flawless and shipped fast. My last order went smoothly and received mags on time, but part of my order I didn't receive. Invoice had note on it saying the rest of the order would ship separately, in order to ensure the mags arrived on time. They did arrive on time, but I think they forgot about the rest of my order. It's been two weeks with no word. Awaiting a reply to my PM and seeing how it goes. I have no doubt they'll square away the situation though.

jonzer77
01-07-2014, 3:37 PM

Drama queen :rofl:

NYT
01-07-2014, 3:40 PM

Funny.. to some me getting the wrong items is on me for "waiting until the last minute" and not on the vendor for messing up my order? Amazing. So I am curious, at what point is enough time to not be "last minute"? 3 weeks? 4 weeks? 6 weeks? So than at what stage does it become the vendors issue and not mine? Is that stage time dependant?

We are beating a dead horse now. Some agree and understand. Some not and never will. I think we can bring it to a close.

true, patience and firearm related purchases dont go hand in hand. we all get a bit heated sometimes.

hartatac.com
01-07-2014, 3:42 PM
At the request of the OP, I am closing the thread. As stated, we will take care of our customers. :patriot:

glock_this
01-07-2014, 3:42 PM

Yep you got me there. My bad. I meant 411.

The issue isn't that there was a wrong order. Yes, it is the responsibility of the company to make sure that all orders are fulfilled on time and accurately. The issue is that you waited until such a time that the company wouldn't be able to legally fix your order, should it be wrong. That's like ordering from Dominos right before they close and trying to get them to make a new pizza after they've shut the lights off. IT IS YOUR FAULT FOR WAITING

IT IS NOT MY FAULT IN ANY AY SHAPE OR FORM. Period. Why are you not saying, "if they could not have handled orders, they should not have taken orders"? Why are you putting it on me?? 90% of the sites out there these days have a message about delays in shipping and processing. They don't and didn't. Why do they get no grief for lagging and I get grief for order in what I considered plenty of time. 2+ weeks. No one knew they would lag nearly 2 weeks before shipping. Not notice of that, no posting, no statement.

But it's on me huh?