PDA

View Full Version : I want a Romak3... how should I make it CA legal?

duenor
02-19-2008, 2:29 PM
I saw a Romak 3 today at the range and I decided that I really wanted one. I have a couple of questions for the folks who own one (or variants thereof)

1. is this a good Dragunov-ish rifle to get? I know it's not a true Dragy, but is this close enough?

2. is this on the RobertiRoos list?

3. will the Raddock bullet button fit on this gun? I figure this is perfect since the magazines are 10 rounders anyway... I won't lose anything by having to use a bullet button.

4. what kind of accuracy can I realistically expect at 100 yards?

thanks
kev

Builder
02-19-2008, 4:24 PM
1. is this [Romak 3} a good Dragunov-ish rifle to get? I know it's not a true Dragy, but is this close enough?The PSL is reasonably close. Check out http://www.dragunov.net/ for the comparisons.2. is this {Romak 3} on the RobertiRoos list?No, nor is the PSL on the list.
3. will the Raddock bullet button fit on this gun? I figure this is perfect since the magazines are 10 rounders anyway... I won't lose anything by having to use a bullet button.
Yes, a fixed magazine works well. Use the search function as this has been discussed a fair amount, including my mods.
4. what kind of accuracy can I realistically expect at 100 yards?
thanks
kev1.5-2 inches with good ammo, but certainly less than 4 with surplus.
Thanks,
Builder

duenor
02-19-2008, 4:32 PM
thanks!
Ill check out your mods.

Ford8N
02-19-2008, 4:33 PM
Red Star Arms adjustable trigger and a recoil buffer to finish it off.;)

67siia
02-19-2008, 4:53 PM
duenor,

I recently obtained a Romanian PSL. Definitely a fun shooter; for the price paid a good substitute for a real Dragunov. Builder answered all your queries. One comment, the FFL that did the transaction for me had a difficult time installing the Radlock bullet, instead a small hole was drilled and a allen screw installed which prevents the magazine lever to work. I found it very annoying to load the ammo thru the ejection port. Therefore, I purchased a filled Thumbhole stock so I can go removable magazine.

duenor
02-19-2008, 7:31 PM
Ah, I would definitely like to go removable magazine too.
I just did some reading up on the PSLs vs SVD. The SVDs are totally different. Milled receiver, trigger pack... almost like a FAL in terms of construction.

Course, the price of an SVD is astronomical.

adamsreeftank
02-19-2008, 7:38 PM
Ah, I would definitely like to go removable magazine too.

You'll have to take off the flash hider too. Since there are only 10 round mags, I'd think a RadLock type device would be the way to go.

67siia
02-19-2008, 9:16 PM
flash hider? PSL comes with a muzzle break :)

69Mach1
02-19-2008, 9:30 PM

+1

You could also just install an AK74 type muzzle brake. Be sure to buy the one that dinzagarms.com sells because the threading is longer than a typical AK74 brake, neccessary for the PSL threaded muzzle.

bigthaiboy
02-19-2008, 11:54 PM

I think you'll find the PSL actually comes with a muzzle BRAKE. ;)

Brake : verb
Inflected Form(s): braked; brak·ing
1 : to slow or stop by or as if by a brake
2 : to use or operate the brake on a vehicle

Ford8N
02-20-2008, 3:56 AM
duenor,

I recently obtained a Romanian PSL. Definitely a fun shooter; for the price paid a good substitute for a real Dragunov. Builder answered all your queries. One comment, the FFL that did the transaction for me had a difficult time installing the Radlock bullet, instead a small hole was drilled and a allen screw installed which prevents the magazine lever to work. I found it very annoying to load the ammo thru the ejection port. Therefore, I purchased a filled Thumbhole stock so I can go removable magazine.

What exactly is the problem?

67siia
02-20-2008, 5:24 AM
bigthaiboy is correct, should read muzzle brake, my bad. ;)

67siia
05-12-2008, 7:55 PM
duenor, just curious if you ended up getting the PSL