PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Calguns!!!

Heatseeker
02-19-2008, 11:59 AM
I'm almost finished with my first AR build. It's nothing special, just an A2 mutt, but I like it! I'm waiting for the front handguard retainer cap and I can complete it(should be in todays mail!). All together, I have around $900 into it.

If it wasn't for me finding this forum a couple of months back, I'd have never known about the whole OLL deal and this weapon wouldn't exist. In light of that fact, I chose to use a Calguns commemorative Centermass lower and a Stag LPK from Ten Percent for my first build. I found the upper(RRA 'Pistol Only' w/Oly SUM 20" barrel) here on the board. The BCG is a new unit from RRA and the buttstock was picked up from AR15.com.
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc296/Heatseekerjet/S3600163-1.jpg
Like I said, it's just a mutt, but it's my mutt and I can't wait to get it out on the range to see how it performs!

I want to extend a big thanks to the folks here at Calguns for figuring this thing out and for all the assistance in getting me through this build!

I think my cat likes it too:
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc296/Heatseekerjet/S3600154.jpg

apbrian112
02-19-2008, 12:02 PM
congrats! yeah, i didn't know much about the whole OLL until i saw some at the CWS booth about a year ago and found this site, and now i've got 3... welcome to the sickness!!

Steyr_223
02-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Very nice! Congrats!

GenLee
02-19-2008, 1:00 PM
I too want to thank Calguns and all its memebers, Like you( the OP) I new nothing a few months back and now have 2 Oll's welcome to blackgun disease........and nice build. Congratulations

jacques
02-19-2008, 1:30 PM
I also would like to thank the people who put this together. 2-OLL's for me and a 3rd and 4rth already in my head. Need to save up for those.

I hope as payback I can contribute something to this forum.

jacques
02-19-2008, 1:35 PM
Where did you get that commemorative lower?

Nodda Duma
02-19-2008, 1:38 PM
Ten Percent Firearms has them. I don't know where they get them, though. They had one on display as of last week. I was going to get it but got a Stag lower instead.

-Jason

Heatseeker
02-19-2008, 2:17 PM
I certainly have the EBR disease myself. I am already planning my next project and have a lower all picked out. All I need now is $$$!

The Calgun lowers come from Centermass of Redmond, OR (ironically, my in-laws live there and I lived there for a year way back. That was another reason I bought one).